Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recommended website to unlock Lumia 900 (AT&T) UPDATED

Tip us?

Reuters
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default apparently another unlocked claim

UNLOCKED NOKIA LUMIA 900 (BELT PARKWAY )
Date: 2012-04-27, 12:39PM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
I HAVE A 1 DAY OLD UNLOCKED NOKIA LUMIA 900 FOR AT&T COLOR IS BLACK. THIS PHONE WILL WORK INTERNATIONALLY AND WITH TMOBILE.

IM ASKING $450 OR BEST OFFER. PHONE IS SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE AND IS AT&T'S MOST POPULAR PHONE NEXT TO THE IPHONE

917 488 3591

PICK UP IN BROOKLYN OFF THE BELT PARKWAY

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2982486550

My English is not the best when i need to talk if anyone feels like calling him, feel free

pistol44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters View Post
UNLOCKED NOKIA LUMIA 900 (BELT PARKWAY )
Date: 2012-04-27, 12:39PM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
I HAVE A 1 DAY OLD UNLOCKED NOKIA LUMIA 900 FOR AT&T COLOR IS BLACK. THIS PHONE WILL WORK INTERNATIONALLY AND WITH TMOBILE.

IM ASKING $450 OR BEST OFFER. PHONE IS SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE AND IS AT&T'S MOST POPULAR PHONE NEXT TO THE IPHONE

917 488 3591

PICK UP IN BROOKLYN OFF THE BELT PARKWAY

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2982486550

My English is not the best when i need to talk if anyone feels like calling him, feel free
Interesting.. I would but that's too long distance for me.

feedmylittletroll
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrolympia7474 View Post
How can they refuse to unlock someone's phone for example if they were moving to another country. What their excuse?

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
They refused my request when I told them I was moving to another country (I've tried everything to get a code from ATT). They said it wasn't their policy to give out unlock codes out when its an ATT exclusive device (I guess somebody forgot to tell ATT than Rogers has the same phone for sale)

mrolympia7474
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How can they do that? That's ridiculous. Maybe until the 45 day exclusitivity period ends.

feedmylittletroll
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrolympia7474 View Post
How can they do that? That's ridiculous. Maybe until the 45 day exclusitivity period ends.

Its ATT they do what they want to all the time. Its not like they worry about customer service

mrolympia7474
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So are you an AT&T customer? And they still didn't let you unlock it? When was this? Im stuck with 2. Im also in Canada

feedmylittletroll
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It was two days ago. They act like they couldn't care if I left or not. Too bad their the only gsm provider that gets decent phones in the US.

chanakya.wp7
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiancarlo View Post
man i'm tempting to order as well, but i've emailed them instead to confirm before placing order. please report back your progress/results!

i can't handle staring at my lumia 900 with nothing but wifi connection to update facebook! such a waste of tech if i can't unlock...
No use man. Got my refund today
The Following User Says Thank You to chanakya.wp7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jiancarlo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
I highly doubt the Oct date is anything to be concerned about. How can Nokia sell unlocked international, OEM unlocked versions and have other carriers being able to unlock theirs and AT&T refuse to unlock it. Doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure it will be unlockable soon. We just don't know exactly when.
Pistol, your optimism is the only thing making me hang on to this matte black, one-piece polycarbonate body of LTE technology and amazing battery life (on wifi)...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiancarlo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TJBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
I highly doubt the Oct date is anything to be concerned about.
That's true, I have experience with unlock codes and one thing is the unlock release date that AT&T have and one very different is the date that the unlock web sites have. It was the same with my Samsung Focus back in 2010.