[Q] S-Off help!

OP kered424

27th April 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 94

163 posts
More
I did a search and it doesnt seem like anyone else had my problem. Basically, I'm on stock ICS with S-On, unlocked. I saw that the S-Off method now supports ICS and decided to give it a try.

I have all HTC drivers installed, downloaded jbear, extracted it to a directory all by itself, ran as admin..

All is going fine until my phone reboots to the green arrow screen. Then it just waits for the device, except it cant find my phone. I get an error message asking me to check my adb and fastboot drivers.

If I have the HTC drivers installed, doesn't that automatically give me the adb and fastboot drivers?

I've tried on 2 computers now, and still no luck. I've been flashing ICS all day. Help!
Last edited by kered424; 27th April 2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added details
27th April 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 200

651 posts
no, you need to have Android Development kit.. or w/e its called lol, I forgot its name..

either way, just get it from here:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
28th April 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xologist

no, you need to have Android Development kit.. or w/e its called lol, I forgot its name..

either way, just get it from here:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

So I just download it, install it, and then I can attempt S-off again?
Anything special I need to do?
28th April 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

163 posts
More
FINALLY got it to work. This was a crap shoot for me. Basically, what was happening was that I get stuck on the green arrow screen because Windows refused to recognize my phone as a phone ONLY ON THAT SCREEN, so my device manager didn't have an 'Android Phone' device. What I did to get it to recognize my phone was to relock my phone in fastboot, and then unlock it again in fastboot. And poof! My phone was recognized as an Android Phone on the green arrow screen. Got S-Off on 1st try

Thread can now be closed.
Last edited by kered424; 28th April 2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: grammar
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, drivers, fastboot, s-off
Previous Thread Next Thread