FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] video hardware acceleration

126 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
 
By ahhm2011, Senior Member on 27th April 2012, 06:28 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
what is the maximum hardware acceleration of video codecs supported by optimus black using dice player or other hardware accelerated video player?
 
 
27th April 2012, 06:33 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhm2011

what is the maximum hardware acceleration of video codecs supported by optimus black using dice player or other hardware accelerated video player?

720p means HD.
Full hd is not supported

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2
27th April 2012, 09:33 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullarameez

720p means HD.
Full hd is not supported

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

Software can support full hd?
27th April 2012, 10:26 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beytobeyto

Software can support full hd?

Yes, using software you can decode full HD. But it will be very slow, unwatchable.
28th April 2012, 12:01 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
update
hey guys i uploaded a 2 mb 480p avc sample, i would be very grateful if anyone try and see if it is supported by hardware decoding using dice player or any video player supporting hw acceleration, here is the link:

rapidshare.com/files/2953685980/Selena_Gomez___The_Scene_-_Love_You_Like_A_Love_Song_-_YouTube_2.mp4

and here is dice player:

ifile.it/oqlcg2z
Last edited by ahhm2011; 28th April 2012 at 12:21 AM.
28th April 2012, 01:24 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhm2011

hey guys i uploaded a 2 mb 480p avc sample, i would be very grateful if anyone try and see if it is supported by hardware decoding using dice player or any video player supporting hw acceleration, here is the link:

rapidshare.com/files/2953685980/Selena_Gomez___The_Scene_-_Love_You_Like_A_Love_Song_-_YouTube_2.mp4

and here is dice player:

ifile.it/oqlcg2z

480p can be misleading.Have you tried the 720p?
28th April 2012, 01:47 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beytobeyto

480p can be misleading.Have you tried the 720p?

no i dont have this phone but i want to buy, so i want to see if it supports hw acceleration of 480p avc high@l4 cabac/4 ref frames like the sample i uploaded because most of my movies and shows are in this format
i know it is supported by sw decoding but sw drains battery quickly, so i wanna know the hw decoding capabilities of the phone, so please guys try the sample in hw decoding and tell me the result
thanx in advance
28th April 2012, 03:05 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhm2011

no i dont have this phone but i want to buy, so i want to see if it supports hw acceleration of 480p avc high@l4 cabac/4 ref frames like the sample i uploaded because most of my movies and shows are in this format
i know it is supported by sw decoding but sw drains battery quickly, so i wanna know the hw decoding capabilities of the phone, so please guys try the sample in hw decoding and tell me the result
thanx in advance

It works fine. I just tried it on MX Player.
The Following User Says Thank You to chejo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 05:06 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Yes the video u uploaded working with HARDWARE decoder in MX player. Attaching image to show, u cant see video in pic bcos while csmpturing image it cant capture moving stuff bt u can read title and HW there

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mullarameez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 04:13 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
720p sample
thank u guys,what about this sample which is 720p avc high@l4 cabac/4 ref frames
is it also supported in hw mode, here is the link:

rapidshare.com/files/1555663655/Selena_Gomez___The_Scene_-_Love_You_Like_A_Love_Song_-_YouTube_1.mp4

thanx in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes