Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 44,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] video hardware acceleration

Tip us?

ahhm2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] video hardware acceleration

what is the maximum hardware acceleration of video codecs supported by optimus black using dice player or other hardware accelerated video player?

mullarameez
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhm2011 View Post
what is the maximum hardware acceleration of video codecs supported by optimus black using dice player or other hardware accelerated video player?
720p means HD.
Full hd is not supported

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

beytobeyto
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullarameez View Post
720p means HD.
Full hd is not supported

Software can support full hd?

chejo
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by beytobeyto View Post
Software can support full hd?
Yes, using software you can decode full HD. But it will be very slow, unwatchable.

ahhm2011
Old
(Last edited by ahhm2011; 28th April 2012 at 12:21 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default update

hey guys i uploaded a 2 mb 480p avc sample, i would be very grateful if anyone try and see if it is supported by hardware decoding using dice player or any video player supporting hw acceleration, here is the link:

rapidshare.com/files/2953685980/Selena_Gomez___The_Scene_-_Love_You_Like_A_Love_Song_-_YouTube_2.mp4

and here is dice player:

ifile.it/oqlcg2z

beytobeyto
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
hey guys i uploaded a 2 mb 480p avc sample, i would be very grateful if anyone try and see if it is supported by hardware decoding using dice player or any video player supporting hw acceleration, here is the link:

rapidshare.com/files/2953685980/Selena_Gomez___The_Scene_-_Love_You_Like_A_Love_Song_-_YouTube_2.mp4

and here is dice player:

ifile.it/oqlcg2z
480p can be misleading.Have you tried the 720p?

ahhm2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by beytobeyto View Post
480p can be misleading.Have you tried the 720p?
no i dont have this phone but i want to buy, so i want to see if it supports hw acceleration of 480p avc high@l4 cabac/4 ref frames like the sample i uploaded because most of my movies and shows are in this format
i know it is supported by sw decoding but sw drains battery quickly, so i wanna know the hw decoding capabilities of the phone, so please guys try the sample in hw decoding and tell me the result
thanx in advance

chejo
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
no i dont have this phone but i want to buy, so i want to see if it supports hw acceleration of 480p avc high@l4 cabac/4 ref frames like the sample i uploaded because most of my movies and shows are in this format
i know it is supported by sw decoding but sw drains battery quickly, so i wanna know the hw decoding capabilities of the phone, so please guys try the sample in hw decoding and tell me the result
thanx in advance
It works fine. I just tried it on MX Player.
The Following User Says Thank You to chejo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mullarameez
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Yes the video u uploaded working with HARDWARE decoder in MX player. Attaching image to show, u cant see video in pic bcos while csmpturing image it cant capture moving stuff bt u can read title and HW there

The Following User Says Thank You to mullarameez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahhm2011
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default 720p sample

thank u guys,what about this sample which is 720p avc high@l4 cabac/4 ref frames
is it also supported in hw mode, here is the link:

rapidshare.com/files/1555663655/Selena_Gomez___The_Scene_-_Love_You_Like_A_Love_Song_-_YouTube_1.mp4

thanx in advance