Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,589 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hmmm Not sure why UOT Kitchen is not working for me anymore...

Tip us?

Hand76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Default Hmmm Not sure why UOT Kitchen is not working for me anymore...

I am on Wilstangs ota gingerbread sense mod and have a UOT Kitchen file that has worked for me many times before. Now I recently just created a new nandroid of the same rom and for some reason the UOT Kitchen (changing the battery mod and notification pulldown) no longer works. Weird...

I have tried clearing cache and davlik but what keeps happening is when I boot up my notification pulldown is completly gone. (Wasn't like this before) Even just tried to make a brand new UOT file and the same thing keep happening.

I can restore my nandroid and get my pulldown working again but can't alter it with the kitchen...

Hero
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand76 View Post
I am on Wilstangs ota gingerbread sense mod and have a UOT Kitchen file that has worked for me many times before. Now I recently just created a new nandroid of the same rom and for some reason the UOT Kitchen (changing the battery mod and notification pulldown) no longer works. Weird...

I have tried clearing cache and davlik but what keeps happening is when I boot up my notification pulldown is completly gone. (Wasn't like this before) Even just tried to make a brand new UOT file and the same thing keep happening.

I can restore my nandroid and get my pulldown working again but can't alter it with the kitchen...
Before installing the mod from UOT, mount /system and /data in CWM

Hand76
Old
(Last edited by Hand76; 28th April 2012 at 01:02 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureMotive View Post
Before installing the mod from UOT, mount /system and /data in CWM
I tried doing this but only after the problem had already occured. In a little bit I will restore the rom and try that first. Thanks man. Will let you know in a bit.

[Edit] And...It still didn't work. Really weird.

I removed a few more internal apps since I last installed this UOT Kitchen file. VZW Backup asst, Field Trail, GSD, VPN_Services, and ummmm HTML_Viewer. But I don't think removing those .apks would have any effect on this. I just can't explain why this once worked and no longer does on the same exact rom...

Hand76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
So after rebooting, TB shows Status Bar 2.3.4 uninstalled. Question is why does this keep happening?

godsmacked4653
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Upload the UOT mod to dropbox and we can look at it.
It could be a problem with your updater script or something simple like that.

Hand76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Well I just reloaded an earlier nandroid of the same rom, loaded the UOT file, and just updated the rom to where I was just at.

So I had to go the long way around but I got it there. Still dont know what was uninstalng my Status Bar each time before.