MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Hmmm Not sure why UOT Kitchen is not working for me anymore...

27th April 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island N.Y.
Thanks Meter: 123

718 posts
More
I am on Wilstangs ota gingerbread sense mod and have a UOT Kitchen file that has worked for me many times before. Now I recently just created a new nandroid of the same rom and for some reason the UOT Kitchen (changing the battery mod and notification pulldown) no longer works. Weird...

I have tried clearing cache and davlik but what keeps happening is when I boot up my notification pulldown is completly gone. (Wasn't like this before) Even just tried to make a brand new UOT file and the same thing keep happening.

I can restore my nandroid and get my pulldown working again but can't alter it with the kitchen...
27th April 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
West Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 4,799

1,280 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand76

I am on Wilstangs ota gingerbread sense mod and have a UOT Kitchen file that has worked for me many times before. Now I recently just created a new nandroid of the same rom and for some reason the UOT Kitchen (changing the battery mod and notification pulldown) no longer works. Weird...

I have tried clearing cache and davlik but what keeps happening is when I boot up my notification pulldown is completly gone. (Wasn't like this before) Even just tried to make a brand new UOT file and the same thing keep happening.

I can restore my nandroid and get my pulldown working again but can't alter it with the kitchen...

Before installing the mod from UOT, mount /system and /data in CWM
27th April 2012, 09:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island N.Y.

718 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureMotive

Before installing the mod from UOT, mount /system and /data in CWM

I tried doing this but only after the problem had already occured. In a little bit I will restore the rom and try that first. Thanks man. Will let you know in a bit.

[Edit] And...It still didn't work. Really weird.

I removed a few more internal apps since I last installed this UOT Kitchen file. VZW Backup asst, Field Trail, GSD, VPN_Services, and ummmm HTML_Viewer. But I don't think removing those .apks would have any effect on this. I just can't explain why this once worked and no longer does on the same exact rom...
Last edited by Hand76; 28th April 2012 at 01:02 AM.
28th April 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island N.Y.

718 posts
More
So after rebooting, TB shows Status Bar 2.3.4 uninstalled. Question is why does this keep happening?
28th April 2012, 05:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 87

446 posts
More
Upload the UOT mod to dropbox and we can look at it.
It could be a problem with your updater script or something simple like that.
28th April 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Long Island N.Y.

718 posts
More
Well I just reloaded an earlier nandroid of the same rom, loaded the UOT file, and just updated the rom to where I was just at.

So I had to go the long way around but I got it there. Still dont know what was uninstalng my Status Bar each time before.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread