Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 44,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Completely lost going from Windows Phone 7 to android or a better wp7

Tip us?

Abyykinns
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Question Completely lost going from Windows Phone 7 to android or a better wp7

Hi, I'm completely lost I'm also a Noob I haven't flashed a rom since I owned a HTC vogue which was a very long time ago and I can imagine it isn't the same.
My mom's HD2 is running wp7 I don't know the name of it but it don't work too good no market, she can't get texts because of a space issue and apparently she can't set up her internet for Simple mobile..
Now we're stuck she loves wp7 so we found a Tiger rom but we get an error every time (something about sd card init)?
She wants either WP7 (working) or Android
So far we have
Magldr 13
HSPL or whatever and a 5.51 radio

and I cannot figure out if we can even flash a rom because everything says 2.08 and I don't want to brick her only phone.
We are super lost I saw the noob video and yes I am I noob but I just want her phone working by tonight shes in school and I don't know a thing about Flashing and I don't understand none of this I have a Samsung Infuse.
Help us please I searched all on google about going from Wp7 to android and I could not get my answer.
I would THANK anyone who offers some kinda help tonight.
-Abyy<3
My current phone is: Iphone 4
I'm using the service: Straight talk
I'm running: 5.1
I love my freakin phone

x U N I C O R N S
I had, htc touch , samsung infuse, my touch 4g, optimus, intercept!
iphone 3gs
htc touch pro
blackberry 9650, 8520, 8330, pearl
many more

anseio
Old
(Last edited by anseio; 28th April 2012 at 03:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 141
You should try this ROM. I use it on my HD2 and it's really good. It's updatable via Zune or via cab sender.

What you need to know about WP7 is that the type of SD card you're using matters a lot. It can give you all kinds of problems.

Do some reading on that thread and have a go at it. So long as you've got HSPL 2.8 and magldr installed, you should not be able to easily brick the phone.

EDIT: as is my usual, I forgot to put the link in. :P
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1236027

bigfilsing
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyykinns View Post
Hi, I'm completely lost I'm also a Noob I haven't flashed a rom since I owned a HTC vogue which was a very long time ago and I can imagine it isn't the same.
My mom's HD2 is running wp7 I don't know the name of it but it don't work too good no market, she can't get texts because of a space issue and apparently she can't set up her internet for Simple mobile..
Now we're stuck she loves wp7 so we found a Tiger rom but we get an error every time (something about sd card init)?
So far we have
Magldr 13

and I cannot figure out if we can even flash a rom because everything says 2.08 and I don't want to brick her only phone.
We are super lost I saw the noob video and yes I am I noob but I just want her phone working by tonight shes in school and I don't know a thing about Flashing and I don't understand none of this I have a Samsung Infuse.
Help us please I searched all on google about going from Wp7 to android and I could not get my answer.
Sounds to me like somebody has been messing with moms phone and screwed it up

Mate...there are so many posts on flashing what and in what order in this section alone it is pretty pointless me typing them out again.

But in direct response to the issues you mentioned.

SD card . You need to make sure your SD card is clean and formatted (FAT 32)before you flash a WP7 rom. Unlike other phone OS's , WP7 has to have a good working SD card in order to work.
As many members (including me) have recommended in the past. The best starting point is to TASK29 it (wipe) and install an original WP6.5 rom first.
That way you can make sure all the hardware is working properely.

Then go download all the software you need ( HSPL 2.08, MAGDLR, Radio, Rom of choice) Plenty of links scattered all over this forum.

And remember to always hard reset your phone after you have flashed the ROM !!! Not doing this can give all kinds of grief.

Your moms market place probably isnt working because the phone isnt activated with micro soft. Loads of threads on activation. take a few mins to read them.

There are other markets ( for apps) that don't require activation. Some roms included them "in" the ROM.

Good luck

hjhjhj
Old
(Last edited by hjhjhj; 28th April 2012 at 03:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyykinns View Post
So far we have
Magldr 13

First of all read the 'how to' links in my signature. Secondly, sounds like whoever installed wp7 on the phone never entered the required activation code to access marketplace from the phone with a windows live id.

Thirdly, sounds like you have Yuki/XBmod's ROM. This ROM locks the SD card for security in case of a lost phone. Go the WP7 development forum and read the first post in both Back To The Future thread and the companion SP1 threads to learn about how to unlock the SD card. Or the other path is to use a new SD card.

You can either install Yuki/XBmod again which is the current version of WP7 Mango v8107. If you don't want to worry about locking SD issues try flashing one of the other ROMs. I've tried Pjad..something's ROM and.it's pretty stable even with the beta v8773. I've heard good things about HD2O's ROM too.

The thing about Yuki/XBmod ROM is it is updatable via Microsoft update. The other's are updatable unless you flash again and setting up your phone from scratch everytime. The only other ROM I know of that is updatable like Yuki's is the HD2O ROM.

It's up to you which you choose.

As for setting up for Simple...there is a new updated cab that has Simple setups for you to use. I think that once you install Connection Setup from the HTC Marketplace it'll have the setup you need regardless of which ROM.

Also, read the General Questions forum for information on obtaining a WP7 activation code.

I would recommend the real MS Marketplace for relatively less risky WP7 apps....so get an activation code. It's not difficult.
Simple Mobile HD2
| XBMod-Yuki (BTTF) WP7 Mango 8107 with SP1 & Android AOKP34 ICS4.0.4 SD Dual Boot | MAGDLR 1.13 |
Radio: 2.15.50.14

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...r#post23390637 Yuki/XBmod Base Rom v2.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=971478 How To Install WP7 On The HD2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653614 Flashing your First GSM USA 1024LEO ONLY!!