Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,363 Members 48,681 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Random Dell Streak 7 Questions that i can't seem to find answers too.

Tip us?

The Afroman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Random Dell Streak 7 Questions that i can't seem to find answers too.

So, i have been reading thread after thread...AFTER thread on here and tabletroms.. and a few other choice places.. I just got my Streak 7. I have learned to root it, CMW, NVFLASH, etc.. i'm good on all these accounts.

i updated my streak (t-mobile 4g) to newest dell rom and liked it.. it fixed the dock speaker issue (no sound out of speakers when docked.) i rooted it but realized the kernel wouldn't allow overclocking (which i want to do for my tablet purpose)

So i switched over to Honeystreak r8 which is working perfect.. EXCEPT the dock issue is back.. docking the tablet (official v.2 dock) regardless of what you choose, shuts off internal speakers. So.. what am asking here is..Is there a rom that allows OCing.. and sound out of speakers while docked? Where can i find just a kernel i can flash with CWM on stock rom that allows overclocking (honeycomb)

second question, build.prop. i have looked EVERYWHERE and no one has mentioned this.. The marketplace (play) is not complete. Many apps are "not allowed" on this tablet. I know the "fix" of editing your build.prop with a proper/different product and fingerprint but whats a good one? I would like to install Hulu and a few other things WITHOUT sideloading. I can;t be the first person to ask this.. but i have searched all forms of combo words to get an answer and have not found one.

Last question. I read that the offical dock supports USB Host, i guess through the USB plug on the back... yet official rom does not support this.. (right?) So.. How do i plug a hub into it (it's a female Mini-USB NOT Micro) and also WHAT rom/kernel/whatever supports it..

Thank you..

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
The dock issue was fixed with stock rom 514, and HS R8 is based off of 507.
You would need to use 514 to get the fix, it might be possible to hack those two together and get both, but it hasnt been done yet. Also DJ_steve has no plans on HS as he's been working on ICS.

If you're unsure about rom versions, see Dell Streak 7 Official roms - xda wiki and
Dell Update process for an explaniation on the version strings.

Depends on the app, best thing to do is find out why it's not compatable in the first place. Some apps (like hulu i think?, or was it netflix?) use whitelists, which means only those devices can use it.

You could use a popular device like the transformer or xoom, or a similar device like the Gtab 7 which has similar specs (sorta).

The stock kernel doesnt support much in the way of usb-hosting. The HS kernel might, but also I believe you must provide power yourself, the port doesnt offer much power at all or so I hear. I'll have to get back to you on that in a few weeks.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)

The Afroman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
How bout a kernel.. is there a place or is there a download of just an OCed/ OC capable kernel for the stock-rooted rom? That would solve one of my major dock issues. But i bought this device to make it a nice little portable arcade/emulator box and everything is great but i need to OC the thing to make some emulators really run nice. and i use the dock to.. well.. hold it up and charge it.

Also, do you know where i can find galaxy tab 7 build.prop examples?

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1512

DONATE TO ME
There's no other kernels besides the HS one, (if you dont count the ICS one).
You cant just install it over 514, HS is partitioned differently.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)
Tags
dock, hulu, overclock, sound, usb host