FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[UBUNTU][Testing] How-to install it on the Prime

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 28
 
By etienne51, Member on 17th April 2012, 08:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th April 2012, 03:16 PM |#41  
lilstevie's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,041
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by etienne51

But for the moment, I'm waiting for a little more advanced version based on 12.04, and I know you are working on it... What about the Tegra 3 support ? I think I saw somewhere Ubuntu 12.04 supports Tegra 3 natively... but I really can't retrieve where I saw that... So what about it ?

Thank you !

userland does not care about the underlying processor, one bit. what does matter are the drivers for the device.
 
 
27th April 2012, 08:06 PM |#42  
jellydroid13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie

userland does not care about the underlying processor, one bit. what does matter are the drivers for the device.

please do not hold off releasing it because not everything works or its not a user friendly install process. People on this site like taking risks and don't need it to be easy
28th April 2012, 02:33 AM |#43  
lilstevie's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,041
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydroid13

please do not hold off releasing it because not everything works or its not a user friendly install process. People on this site like taking risks and don't need it to be easy

The install process has been the number one reason I have been holding off, I don't know if you have used OLiFE for the tf101, but I kind of spoilt everyone there for ease of installation.

But there is a second reason I am holding off for now. It is good and hopefully should be ready soon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 03:24 AM |#44  
jellydroid13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie

The install process has been the number one reason I have been holding off, I don't know if you have used OLiFE for the tf101, but I kind of spoilt everyone there for ease of installation.

But there is a second reason I am holding off for now. It is good and hopefully should be ready soon

OK I'm just really inpatient lol. Can't wait though!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 03:42 PM |#45  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie

It is good and hopefully should be ready soon

We're all waiting for the first real release. I'm not saying I'm impatient or anything like that, you already know that. Thank you for your work on this great project, we'll wait for you to complete.

But could you just be a little more precise (yeah, you, not the pangolin ) about the aproximative release period ? You think you'll release it in the next weeks ? months ? Before the end of the next month ? Just considering the work remaining, because we're not aware of where you are in the development, and what's remaining...

It'll be great if you can inform us about that ! Thank you !
28th April 2012, 04:09 PM |#46  
lilstevie's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,041
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by etienne51

We're all waiting for the first real release. I'm not saying I'm impatient or anything like that, you already know that. Thank you for your work on this great project, we'll wait for you to complete.

But could you just be a little more precise (yeah, you, not the pangolin ) about the aproximative release period ? You think you'll release it in the next weeks ? months ? Before the end of the next month ? Just considering the work remaining, because we're not aware of where you are in the development, and what's remaining...

It'll be great if you can inform us about that ! Thank you !

well biggest hurdle has been an installer, which I am still designing, but for a 12.04 "first release" it really depends on my assignments that I have due over the next few weeks
28th April 2012, 04:10 PM |#47  
Emblema's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cagliari
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Everything perfect, except for the keyboard touch, I can not see it. Do you have any advice? Now making the progress of version 12.04.

edit:

With ubuntu 12 04 tablet's battery is now recognized as one of the dock are not, but I still do the first reboot :) . Even the audio icon works properly!

edit2:
after first reboot, gdm working only for few second, after screen off .

surely there will 'be a problem in the xorg file.
Last edited by Emblema; 28th April 2012 at 05:02 PM.
28th April 2012, 05:01 PM |#48  
jellydroid13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emblema

Everything perfect, except for the keyboard touch, I can not see it. Do you have any advice? Now making the progress of version 12.04.

edit:

With ubuntu 12 04 tablet's battery is now recognized as one of the dock are not, but I still do the first reboot :) . Even the audio icon works properly!

what image did you use and can u link me to it?
28th April 2012, 05:03 PM |#49  
Emblema's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cagliari
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydroid13

what image did you use and can u link me to it?

Img on first post, after first boot system query me to update ubuntu 12.04!
28th April 2012, 05:11 PM |#50  
jellydroid13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emblema

Img on first post, after first boot system query me to update ubuntu 12.04!

ok trying now thanks. is audio fixed?
28th April 2012, 05:14 PM |#51  
Emblema's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cagliari
Thanks Meter: 32
 
Donate to Me
More
Xorg.conf after update to ubuntu 12.04 but video not working
# This is the minimal configuration necessary to use the Tegra driver.
# Please refer to the xorg.conf man page for more configuration
# options provided by the X server, including display-related options
# provided by RandR 1.2 and higher.

# Disable extensions not useful on Tegra.
Section "Module"
Disable "dri"
Disable "dri2"
Disable "glx"
SubSection "extmod"
Option "omit xfree86-dga"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Tegra"
Driver "tegra"

# OverlayDepth is a 32-bit integer which is used to control overlay
# stacking order. The overlay with the lowest depth is in front of
# all others. This value has meaning only when multiple overlays are
# present on a display.

# Option "OverlayDepth" "255"

# ARGBHWCursor controls whether the X driver uses an overlay to
# display 32-bit "true-color" cursors, or whether such cursors are
# emulated in software. Valid values are "true" to enable hardware
# cursors, and "false" (default) to disable them.

# Option "ARGBHWCursor"
EndSection




Can you help me edit this configuration file?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellydroid13

ok trying now thanks. is audio fixed?

First problem is video configuration :D

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes