Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 44,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]CM9 4.0.4 ICS Liberty[09.Jul.2012]

Tip us?

InsanelyMe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by munjeni View Post
Rom or user data?
i would say its data. i know i have enough internal memory to download a couple more apps. just says there is no more space left.

woloss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
rom very good. it's stable with zRam 18%

but if i install app in /system/app, phone need two reboot

p.s. neocore result - 58.2 FPS (No audio)

benbailey84
Old
(Last edited by benbailey84; 28th April 2012 at 04:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 298
Installed new rom... including update.rar. I did mine with root explorer for the system/lib/modules and terminal emulator for the boot.img. I was having issues with adb. I'm at my moms and they have windoze 7. not experienced with windoze and adb. I use Linux at home. haven't rebooted yet but I will update y'all if it works that way...

*Edit* well before update.rar wifi worked and camera worked then force closed. After update.rar wifi was stuck at "turning wifi on". And settings would force close sometimes. I didn't ( nor do I know how to) make a logcat. To help you. GPS does not work on April 13th build. I may have missed something in another post somewhere on that. Other that that thanks a ton dude... (magic "thanks button" has been pressed)

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

Donate to Team Nocturnal

Twitter @Team-Nocturnal
G+ Team-Nocturnal

Current Devices:
HTC ONE M8 AT&T
Google Nexus 5

Previous Devices:
Google Nexus 7 First Gen. - Traded for PS3
Google Nexus 4- Busted screen
Samsung Galaxy S3 - Traded for N4
HTC ONE X (QHSUSB_DLOAD) Hard Bricked
HTC Aria

Darius_bd
Old
Thanks Meter 63
This post is just appraisal for our devs. Reading this article made me realize again how amazing is to have ICS on our little Arias running practically fine. Remember, this phone came with Eclair!

So big thanks to you all! specially Munjeni, Winsuk and S0be!

Syavick
Old
(Last edited by Syavick; 28th April 2012 at 06:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Enable zram and reboot... try and let me know
I enabled it after install. Now changed it to 18%. Testing...
Also enabled swap with Swapper2.

munjeni
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 15818
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbailey84 View Post
Installed new rom... including update.rar. I did mine with root explorer for the system/lib/modules and terminal emulator for the boot.img. I was having issues with adb. I'm at my moms and they have windoze 7. not experienced with windoze and adb. I use Linux at home. haven't rebooted yet but I will update y'all if it works that way...

*Edit* well before update.rar wifi worked and camera worked then force closed. After update.rar wifi was stuck at "turning wifi on". And settings would force close sometimes. I didn't ( nor do I know how to) make a logcat. To help you. GPS does not work on April 13th build. I may have missed something in another post somewhere on that. Other that that thanks a ton dude... (magic "thanks button" has been pressed)

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium
If your wifi not working it mean you not updated correctly... try replacing everything from update.rar to 27.4.2012.zip, install rom again and try again... wifi working perfect so theres something wrong in your steps...

Next build will be deodexed (my wrong enabling odex) to get theming and other stufs suported

bigboss555
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If your wifi not working it mean you not updated correctly... try replacing everything from update.rar to 27.4.2012.zip, install rom again and try again... wifi working perfect so theres something wrong in your steps...

Next build will be deodexed (my wrong enabling odex) to get theming and other stufs suported
You could share a script on odex /deodex?

munjeni
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 15818
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboss555 View Post
You could share a script on odex /deodex?
No scripts there, its compiled directly with option odex...

rawrv42
Old
(Last edited by rawrv42; 28th April 2012 at 03:08 PM.) Reason: moar info.
Thanks Meter 3
So I started playing with this ROM and I was simply blown away. The only problem I have with it is that occasionally I'll start up an app and it force closes. However, after about 2 to 3 more times of re-opening the app, it'll start up and function normally. Also, generally after a reboot the apps function properly without force closing at all. I checked the zram and it's set at the default 18%. The only other thing I'm missing is theme chooser. Other than that this ROM is amazing and I plan on using it as my daily driver.

Thanks so much to the devs that made this all possible. The baby Aria shall live!
~Rawrv42

(I am also enjoying the "android version" easter egg )

notdone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Pls help me,
I cant download cm9_liberty-ota-eng.root_27.Apr.2012.zip from 2shared.com
So has another link 2 download?
Tks.