Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Official "Get Something Off Your Chest" Thread...

Tip us?

graymonkey44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
that's ****ty man. start keeping your stuff more under watch (like keep keys in your room)..or maybe set up traps so you can catch him
Yeah I've been keeping my keys with me at all times after the 2nd break in. I actually just bought this 2 way Sim bug that I'm going to plant in my car. If it hears a noise it will call your phone and let you hear what's going on. Just gotta get a GSM prepaid Sim and I'm good to go. Now I just gotta bait him with a something.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

demmo86rt
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by graymonkey44 View Post
Guess I need to vent a little. I don't understand how drug addiction consumes people's lives. The only drug I've used is marijuana on rare occasions. And I consume alcohol maybe once or twice a month: and yes alcohol is a drug. But I digress... the point I'm trying to make is about my brother.

He suffers a chronic illness known as crohn's disease. It affects your intestines and you have to stick to a very diligent diet or else you will be in pain. Honestly, my family and I had no idea about it because he never gave any indication that he was in pain, but I guess the pain can get very bad. So he smokes weed to alleviate some of the symptoms. Also he was adopted, both his parents were in drug rehab and my dad decided to take him when he was born. I honestly think that there is a genetic predisposition to drug-dependency. I know he's tried other drugs like shrooms, acid, cocaine, prescription drugs; and I'm sure much more.

It's really hurting my whole family, especially my dad. I just don't know what to do anymore. He lives on his own and I have a sneaking suspicion is stealing from me. I live at home with my dad as I commute to school and two times my car has been broken into. The kicker is that I have keyless entry and an alarm system. There was no sign of forced entry, nothing broken. The only way someone would have been able to get in is with the keys and I usually leave them downstairs while I sleep. My brother also has a key to the house so it's possible he could have went into the house and took my keys, took stuff out of my car, then put the keys back. It kills me to think it, but it's honestly the only explination I can think of.

What was stolen was my 300 dollar radar detector, $300 gps, beats headphones, bunch of change, and a baton I kept in the door. I don't know how to confront him about it and I really don't want to because I'd feel awful if it weren't true. I have no idea what to do about it. I honestly don't trust him anymore, though, and it really bothers me that I feel this way. I don't want to sound like a selfish, materialistic ass, but it bothers me that my car got stolen the way it did.

At least if someone smashed in the windows or something I'd know how, but not knowing how the person got in is really the thing that bothers me the most. Doesn't make me feel safe.
I bet at this point you're wishing you had **** your pants and your girlfriend left you. But seriously, that sucks, and I get what you mean about not feeling safe.

My gripe? I'd like to be able to eat solid food again. Something's got my stomach all messed up, spent half the night sitting on the toilet, the other half curled up in pain. Getting better, but I would much rather eat leftover pizza than soup for dinner.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

superchilpil
Old
Thanks Meter 1,215

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by graymonkey44 View Post
Yeah I've been keeping my keys with me at all times after the 2nd break in. I actually just bought this 2 way Sim bug that I'm going to plant in my car. If it hears a noise it will call your phone and let you hear what's going on. Just gotta get a GSM prepaid Sim and I'm good to go. Now I just gotta bait him with a something.

This is odd but I recently purchased a wireless camera with Mic and infrared for about 100 bucks, it could be hooked up to a VCR and you can record everything
I'm not sure if it's in your budget but it's a good option

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
=========================

AT&T HTC One

Help me fill up my thanks meter by hitting thanks
==================================================

fernando sor
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,435
Drug addiction is almost impossible to understand from a rational viewpoint. It is something that can be treated though. My nieces husband has Crohns and it is horrible.
If he is genetically predisposed to addiction and has a painful chronic condition then becoming dependent on opiates is very likely and the horror of withdrawal could most certainly drive him to do such a thing. He needs help

a bad seed
Bad seed Customs Founder

graymonkey44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchilpil View Post
This is odd but I recently purchased a wireless camera with Mic and infrared for about 100 bucks, it could be hooked up to a VCR and you can record everything
I'm not sure if it's in your budget but it's a good option

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Hmmm... Might be a little out of my
Budget. The Sim bug only cost 18 dollars and I think should be sufficient.

brando56894
Old
Thanks Meter 159

DONATE TO ME
I'm really pissed off at all the developers who spend loads of their personal time crafting beautiful roms for the community and asking for a simple "thanks" in return. Seriously, I have to thank you for all the countless hours you've spent slaving over code? What a load of bull****!!

In case you couldn't tell this is extreme sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, how about posters who buy HTC phones & then spend every waking minute bitching about how much they hate Sense.........

I guess I could be considered on of them, although I don't bitch about it constantly. I bought the Rezound for the hardware it has inside of it, not because of the the Sense UI. You can always change the launcher of your phone, but you can't change the hardware of your phone. I actually love the look of Sense, it's the dock (rosie?) I abhor. I've always had a dock with a clear background and at least four apps that I use multiple times a day. Previous to ICS the dock was completely useless since you only had the phone in there and one more app of your choosing. ICS was a little better by giving you space for four apps and a frosted background compared to the ugly black half-moon dock. I just want an AOSP rom so I don't have to deal with all of the wasted space that comes with not using Sense. (Almost) every phone out there has a custom interface/launcher, so if you want a vanilla Android launcher are you stuck with buying just a Nexus device, even though it has ****ty hardware? Your line of thinking is comparable to not buying a house because you don't like the wallpaper in it.

dmeadows013
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,777

DONATE TO ME
I'm frustrated with HTML right now... Lol
Current Devices: Google Nexus 5 (Black/32GB), Google Nexus 7 (Black/32GB)

MY WORK:

HTC Incredible
GingerStock Rom
AOKP ROM

HTC Rezound
AOKP ROM

Samsung GSIII
KitKangs

Like What I Do? Buy Me an Arizona!

RolloWolf
Old
(Last edited by RolloWolf; 28th April 2012 at 08:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,135

DONATE TO ME
Post edited.
S-Off thanks to Beaups and Sonic2756!

If I helped in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button!

Click here to check out my development page.

graymonkey44
Old
(Last edited by graymonkey44; 28th April 2012 at 07:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayTheWolf View Post
Really? HTML is easy.
Hey! There will be no cutting down of a person in this thread... This is meant for venting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando sor View Post
Drug addiction is almost impossible to understand from a rational viewpoint. It is something that can be treated though. My nieces husband has Crohns and it is horrible.
If he is genetically predisposed to addiction and has a painful chronic condition then becoming dependent on opiates is very likely and the horror of withdrawal could most certainly drive him to do such a thing. He needs help

a bad seed
He's had countless opportunities of help. That's the worst part. He's been to drug rehabilitation programs two different times before he turned 18. My father, mother(who are now separated), sister and I have all helped him numerous times in our own ways. I just don't think he wants to change. I honestly just don't think he cares about himself and how he lives. It's just a shame. Can't help someone that doesn't want to help themselves.

cisco723
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I hate how this thread has so many rules.....

The Following User Says Thank You to cisco723 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe