Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[BOOTLOADER][MULTIBOOT + RECOVERY][BOOTMENU] Patched ICS bootloader V9 (19/07/2013)

OP Skrilax_CZ

27th April 2012, 07:51 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 223

795 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

If I got time I do a wright up on the steps how I did it and with the test rom I used .
Only tip I want to give is ,if you flash the full leaked rom 1.031.00 ( same as what Acer is rolling out as ICS release now so it seems ) is to open it with winrar or 7 zip ( don't unpack ) and delete the recovery folder in it. Makes it easier on the recovery part.
And that is how I did I it.
But again I will do wright up as I understand that for some it is kinda scary to do this.

Thank you civato you the man!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
27th April 2012, 07:59 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,610

3,807 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfenix

Thank you civato you the man!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

In this case I'm only the messenger , the people making this possible are the man.!!
27th April 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 13

355 posts
okay im thoroughly confused....I am running Taboonay 3.0.1 right now....I want to flash flexreaper and update to ics bootloader. I am confused bc I see guides if you are on the leaked ICS but I don't think I am right? I think I am still on HC bootloader.

Help please!

Thanks!
27th April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Contributor

3,807 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerity

okay im thoroughly confused....I am running Taboonay 3.0.1 right now....I want to flash flexreaper and update to ics bootloader. I am confused bc I see guides if you are on the leaked ICS but I don't think I am right? I think I am still on HC bootloader.

Help please!

Thanks!

You don't need ICS bootloader to run FLEXREAPER-R12.5 , but I do recommend it.
FLEXREAPER got auto detection for what booloader you got , so it installs the correct kernel.
27th April 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 13

355 posts
okay...so if I want to upgrade....to avoid the aforementioned issues.....?

Thanks!
27th April 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 4

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

You don't need ICS bootloader to run FLEXREAPER-R12.5 , but I do recommend it.
FLEXREAPER got auto detection for what booloader you got , so it installs the correct kernel.

What exactly are the advantages to upgrading from the HC bootloader? I'm trying to weigh the balance since I only run flex reaper and don't need the bl to run it, kinda the same dilemma I have with doing that stupid "wire trick" to s-off my rezound when everything is fine without s-off
27th April 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #27  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1,351

902 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacwin22

What exactly are the advantages to upgrading from the HC bootloader? I'm trying to weigh the balance since I only run flex reaper and don't need the bl to run it, kinda the same dilemma I have with doing that stupid "wire trick" to s-off my rezound when everything is fine without s-off

Main advantage is that you no longer have to worry about ending up in unrecoverable state, such as when on HC bootloader you corrupt both boot / recovery partitions (such as not running itsmagic etc.) - you can recover with fastboot easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skrilax_CZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #28  
Recognized Contributor

3,807 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ

Main advantage is that you no longer have to worry about ending up in unrecoverable state, such as when on HC bootloader you corrupt both boot / recovery partitions (such as not running itsmagic etc.) - you can recover with fastboot easily.

Can only confirm this as I flashed and kinda bricked my tablet twice today (testing this rom I made for easy installing the ICS bootloader) but was able to recover it with fastboot.
28th April 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #29  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 256

900 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ

I agree. Now that ICS is out, I think it's time to leave HC behind. I've been using the leaked version of ICS for weeks (months?) and have been very happy with it. Personally, I don't see much of a need for HC anymore. And with the new bootloader, like Skrilax and civato said, It's SUPER easy to recovery from a general uh oh.
29th April 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 26

214 posts
More
I flashed this using civato's guide, and now I can't load any ROM whatsoever. I've flashed several through CWM (which does boot), but every one I've flashed hangs at the bootloader screen without proceeding to boot a kernel. Thoughts?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread