Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTLOADER][MULTIBOOT + RECOVERY][BOOTMENU] Patched ICS bootloader V9 (19/07/2013)

Tip us?

warfenix
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
If I got time I do a wright up on the steps how I did it and with the test rom I used .
Only tip I want to give is ,if you flash the full leaked rom 1.031.00 ( same as what Acer is rolling out as ICS release now so it seems ) is to open it with winrar or 7 zip ( don't unpack ) and delete the recovery folder in it. Makes it easier on the recovery part.
And that is how I did I it.
But again I will do wright up as I understand that for some it is kinda scary to do this.
Thank you civato you the man!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14,920

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfenix View Post
Thank you civato you the man!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
In this case I'm only the messenger , the people making this possible are the man.!!

sincerity
Old
Thanks Meter 12
okay im thoroughly confused....I am running Taboonay 3.0.1 right now....I want to flash flexreaper and update to ics bootloader. I am confused bc I see guides if you are on the leaked ICS but I don't think I am right? I think I am still on HC bootloader.

Help please!

Thanks!

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14,920

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerity View Post
okay im thoroughly confused....I am running Taboonay 3.0.1 right now....I want to flash flexreaper and update to ics bootloader. I am confused bc I see guides if you are on the leaked ICS but I don't think I am right? I think I am still on HC bootloader.

Help please!

Thanks!
You don't need ICS bootloader to run FLEXREAPER-R12.5 , but I do recommend it.
FLEXREAPER got auto detection for what booloader you got , so it installs the correct kernel.

sincerity
Old
Thanks Meter 12
okay...so if I want to upgrade....to avoid the aforementioned issues.....?

Thanks!

blacwin22
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
You don't need ICS bootloader to run FLEXREAPER-R12.5 , but I do recommend it.
FLEXREAPER got auto detection for what booloader you got , so it installs the correct kernel.
What exactly are the advantages to upgrading from the HC bootloader? I'm trying to weigh the balance since I only run flex reaper and don't need the bl to run it, kinda the same dilemma I have with doing that stupid "wire trick" to s-off my rezound when everything is fine without s-off

Skrilax_CZ
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacwin22 View Post
What exactly are the advantages to upgrading from the HC bootloader? I'm trying to weigh the balance since I only run flex reaper and don't need the bl to run it, kinda the same dilemma I have with doing that stupid "wire trick" to s-off my rezound when everything is fine without s-off
Main advantage is that you no longer have to worry about ending up in unrecoverable state, such as when on HC bootloader you corrupt both boot / recovery partitions (such as not running itsmagic etc.) - you can recover with fastboot easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skrilax_CZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14,920

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ View Post
Main advantage is that you no longer have to worry about ending up in unrecoverable state, such as when on HC bootloader you corrupt both boot / recovery partitions (such as not running itsmagic etc.) - you can recover with fastboot easily.
Can only confirm this as I flashed and kinda bricked my tablet twice today (testing this rom I made for easy installing the ICS bootloader) but was able to recover it with fastboot.

Euclid's Brother
Old
Thanks Meter 256

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ View Post
I agree. Now that ICS is out, I think it's time to leave HC behind. I've been using the leaked version of ICS for weeks (months?) and have been very happy with it. Personally, I don't see much of a need for HC anymore. And with the new bootloader, like Skrilax and civato said, It's SUPER easy to recovery from a general uh oh.
Epic 4G Touch VeNuM EL13 beta (EK02 modem)
Acer Iconia A500 - Taboonay

Follow me on Twitter

Contact me on GTalk: euclidsbrother is my gmail contact
Donate to my Root Beer fund

gotroot801
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I flashed this using civato's guide, and now I can't load any ROM whatsoever. I've flashed several through CWM (which does boot), but every one I've flashed hangs at the bootloader screen without proceeding to boot a kernel. Thoughts?
Rooted Stock LG G3 (vzw) CM11 Nexus 10