FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[BOOTLOADER][MULTIBOOT + RECOVERY][BOOTMENU] Patched ICS bootloader V9 (19/07/2013)

1,112 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,859

By Skrilax_CZ, Recognized Developer on 26th April 2012, 02:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th April 2012, 06:51 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

If I got time I do a wright up on the steps how I did it and with the test rom I used .
Only tip I want to give is ,if you flash the full leaked rom 1.031.00 ( same as what Acer is rolling out as ICS release now so it seems ) is to open it with winrar or 7 zip ( don't unpack ) and delete the recovery folder in it. Makes it easier on the recovery part.
And that is how I did I it.
But again I will do wright up as I understand that for some it is kinda scary to do this.

Thank you civato you the man!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

27th April 2012, 06:59 AM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 17,055

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfenix

Thank you civato you the man!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

In this case I'm only the messenger , the people making this possible are the man.!!
27th April 2012, 04:25 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
okay im thoroughly confused....I am running Taboonay 3.0.1 right now....I want to flash flexreaper and update to ics bootloader. I am confused bc I see guides if you are on the leaked ICS but I don't think I am right? I think I am still on HC bootloader.

Help please!

Thanks!
27th April 2012, 04:29 PM |#24  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerity

okay im thoroughly confused....I am running Taboonay 3.0.1 right now....I want to flash flexreaper and update to ics bootloader. I am confused bc I see guides if you are on the leaked ICS but I don't think I am right? I think I am still on HC bootloader.

Help please!

Thanks!

You don't need ICS bootloader to run FLEXREAPER-R12.5 , but I do recommend it.
FLEXREAPER got auto detection for what booloader you got , so it installs the correct kernel.
27th April 2012, 06:45 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
okay...so if I want to upgrade....to avoid the aforementioned issues.....?

Thanks!
27th April 2012, 07:17 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato

You don't need ICS bootloader to run FLEXREAPER-R12.5 , but I do recommend it.
FLEXREAPER got auto detection for what booloader you got , so it installs the correct kernel.

What exactly are the advantages to upgrading from the HC bootloader? I'm trying to weigh the balance since I only run flex reaper and don't need the bl to run it, kinda the same dilemma I have with doing that stupid "wire trick" to s-off my rezound when everything is fine without s-off
27th April 2012, 07:28 PM |#27  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,859

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacwin22

What exactly are the advantages to upgrading from the HC bootloader? I'm trying to weigh the balance since I only run flex reaper and don't need the bl to run it, kinda the same dilemma I have with doing that stupid "wire trick" to s-off my rezound when everything is fine without s-off

Main advantage is that you no longer have to worry about ending up in unrecoverable state, such as when on HC bootloader you corrupt both boot / recovery partitions (such as not running itsmagic etc.) - you can recover with fastboot easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skrilax_CZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 07:58 PM |#28  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ

Main advantage is that you no longer have to worry about ending up in unrecoverable state, such as when on HC bootloader you corrupt both boot / recovery partitions (such as not running itsmagic etc.) - you can recover with fastboot easily.

Can only confirm this as I flashed and kinda bricked my tablet twice today (testing this rom I made for easy installing the ICS bootloader) but was able to recover it with fastboot.
28th April 2012, 03:32 AM |#29  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 256

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilax_CZ

I agree. Now that ICS is out, I think it's time to leave HC behind. I've been using the leaked version of ICS for weeks (months?) and have been very happy with it. Personally, I don't see much of a need for HC anymore. And with the new bootloader, like Skrilax and civato said, It's SUPER easy to recovery from a general uh oh.
29th April 2012, 02:12 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I flashed this using civato's guide, and now I can't load any ROM whatsoever. I've flashed several through CWM (which does boot), but every one I've flashed hangs at the bootloader screen without proceeding to boot a kernel. Thoughts?
29th April 2012, 02:42 AM |#31  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 256

Donate to Me
More
You'll need to flash the ICS kernel for whichever ROM your trying to load. Civato has his in his OP. The bootloader detection in his rom may not work with this bootloader. IIRC, it looks specifically for the 0.03.11-ICS version.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread