[ROM][ICS][06/26] ICS StuNNeR - 1.6.26

OP neobuddy89

28th April 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #7781  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 9

196 posts
More
Abhi I am confused man.

Im back on gb and cant paste anything in system folder but this root checker app says i Do have root.

28th April 2012, 03:07 AM   |  #7782  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,710

1,560 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=intolaomair;25403134]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisahara

I was able to restore back to GB just fine, but don't seen to have root.
I tried pasting a file in system folder and got a read only error.

how is cwm working without root? And what would u recommend now.

Thanks

Well its working due to partial root. But dont flash anything through cwm as it will get stuck due to no full root.
I would suggest you use PC odin to go to a stock GB rom and root it again. Or go to pre rooted stock rom (links for all in my signature). if going to pre rooted stock roms route then you will have to inject cwmr - see this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=74
and then use this to come to stunner - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614443
28th April 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #7783  
Thanks Meter: 30

448 posts
[QUOTE=abhisahara;25403642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by intolaomair

Well its working due to partial root. But dont flash anything through cwm as it will get stuck due to no full root.
I would suggest you use PC odin to go to a stock GB rom and root it again. Or go to pre rooted stock rom (links for all in my signature). if going to pre rooted stock roms route then you will have to inject cwmr - see this - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=74
and then use this to come to stunner - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614443

Hi Abhi,
I am enjoying this rom but if I want to try any other ICS rom do I have to just wipe factory data/wipe cache/wipe dalvic and flash any other ICS rom.
Or with mobile odin flash ics repack then boot into recovery and flash the iCS rom with data/cache/dalvic wipes.
Thanks
28th April 2012, 04:30 AM   |  #7784  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,710

1,560 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=samtani776;25405222]
Quote:

Hi Abhi,
I am enjoying this rom but if I want to try any other ICS rom do I have to just wipe factory data/wipe cache/wipe dalvic and flash any other ICS rom.
Or with mobile odin flash ics repack then boot into recovery and flash the iCS rom with data/cache/dalvic wipes.
Thanks

This is enough - just wipe factory data/wipe cache/wipe dalvik and flash any other ICS rom.

Please keep this about Stunner rom !!! You can ask these questions in Q&A section too
The Following User Says Thank You to abhisahara For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #7785  
Thanks Meter: 30

448 posts
[QUOTE=abhisahara;25405513][QUOTE=samtani776;25405222]

This is enough - just wipe factory data/wipe cache/wipe dalvik and flash any other ICS rom.

Thanks again and will keep in mind next time.
28th April 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #7786  
OP Senior Member
Flag Make in India
Thanks Meter: 13,447

3,491 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_herrero

I hope Neo is looking for bugs related to additional battery drains with this latest kernel. .19 battery life was awesome with lp5. .26.1 with the exact same usage last less with lp6. I don't seem to get any useful log not weird value from better battery stats...

Will try to get back to LP5 (modded one) after I settle in new town.
The Following User Says Thank You to neobuddy89 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 04:51 AM   |  #7787  
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 2,659

6,892 posts
More
[QUOTE=abhisahara;25403642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by intolaomair

Ive never heard of not being able to use cwm due to only partial root. Cwm and root are completely independent of each other afaik. But then again, EVERYTHING I know has gone out the window since coming to the note

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #7788  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 40,792

12,143 posts
Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=mikeyinid;25405958]
Quote:

Ive never heard of not being able to use cwm due to only partial root. Cwm and root are completely independent of each other afaik. But then again, EVERYTHING I know has gone out the window since coming to the note

CWMR works fine with partial root. Trouble is, you get errors when it tries to format/write stuff in system partition.
28th April 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #7789  
Thanks Meter: 5

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronald.perez

Guys, why is it that my pictures in gallery are double? How can I fix it?
Also how can I disable/enable show hidden files in root explorer?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

For ur first problem of double pictures..just unmount and then mount the external sd card and ur problem will be gone....

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium App
28th April 2012, 05:56 AM   |  #7790  
Flag Nampa
Thanks Meter: 2,659

6,892 posts
More
[QUOTE=chasmodo;25407434]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyinid

CWMR works fine with partial root. Trouble is, you get errors when it tries to format/write stuff in system partition.

Weird. Must be a exynos samsung thing. Ive flashed roms on non rooted phones more times than i can count. Nexus s. Gnex. T989.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
!!!xtremer!!!, *abhi boomed here*, antiochasylum's avatar is watching you, awesomesauce, batman is a lie, endorsed by chasmodo, epic rom is epic, face melting goodness, humpty dumpty was pushed, ics, lordmanhattan was here, stunner, tasty, toxicthunder swears by this
Previous Thread Next Thread