Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 52,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP 2.1.2 for the Hercules!

Tip us?

krackers
Old
(Last edited by krackers; 28th June 2012 at 08:12 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Default TWRP 2.1.2 for the Hercules!

TeamWIN has released TWRP recovery for the Samsung Hercules!
For those who do not know, TWRP is a touchscreen, GUI based recovery, akin to CWM touch.

Credits to the people who put the CWM flashable zip together:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Backups/nandroids made with CWM do NOT work with TWRP. I would suggest installing the recovery while on a stable rom (Gingerbread), making a backup, then installing the ICS roms.

TWRP is also themeable - search around for TWRP 2.X themes and you will find plenty.
To use themes, rename the zip file to ui.zip (if it doesn't already have that name) and place it in /sdcard/TWRP/theme [create the directory if necessary].
If you're looking for a great ics theme, check out my theme at the bottom of the post [based on this.

[Studies show that this does NOT cause bricks. Any bricks that were caused were found to be due to user error/that leaky ICS skyrocket rom. However, as always, exercise caution when flashing roms/kernels/modems/etc...]

[Further, this recovery seems to work as well or better than CWM Touch or standard CWM for flashing AOSP roms (CM9/AOKP). If you plan to flash one of those, you would be better off using this recovery.]

[With this recovery, it does not seem to be necessary to use Darkside Super Wipe/Fix Permissions script. The built-in wipe/fix works just as well.]

Project Page: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/101

Screenshots of the default theme:

__________________________________________________ ____________

DOWNLOADS

ICS Theme
v1: Download ICS theme v1

Latest Version
TWRP 2.1.8: Download TWRP 2.1.8

Older Versions
TWRP 2.1.2: Download TWRP 2.1.2
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to krackers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grawkiller73
Old
Thanks Meter 63
What is this :-/

Sent from my Galaxy SII T-mobile using xda premium

frescoraja
Old
(Last edited by frescoraja; 28th April 2012 at 02:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 318

DONATE TO ME
SWEETness. i like this recovery a lot more than clockwork mod.. at least the versions i used on the HTC sensation 4g

my favorite recovery was 4EXT or something like that, but team win makes a good one

BTW,

this works on our device, just change the first line of the update-script file to this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-T989" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-T989" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "MSM8660_SURF");

(or just erase the whole first line)

thanks for sharing!

frescoraja

EDIT:
it's pretty awesome, a touch screen GUI recovery with a lot of options CWM doesn't have.. just make the edits to the update-script like i said above, rezip it, flash it ! sorry i can't post screenshots, no camera besides my phone!

AJ26T
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Cool not to familiar with updating scripts so I guess I will wait.

GS2 flying with NexusMod

AJ26T
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by frescoraja View Post
SWEETness. i like this recovery a lot more than clockwork mod.. at least the versions i used on the HTC sensation 4g

my favorite recovery was 4EXT or something like that, but team win makes a good one

BTW,

this works on our device, just change the first line of the update-script file to this:

assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "SGH-T989" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SGH-T989" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "MSM8660_SURF");

(or just erase the whole first line)

thanks for sharing!

frescoraja

EDIT:
it's pretty awesome, a touch screen GUI recovery with a lot of options CWM doesn't have.. just make the edits to the update-script like i said above, rezip it, flash it ! sorry i can't post screenshots, no camera besides my phone!
Anyway u can upload it for us with those scripts updated

GS2 flying with NexusMod

frescoraja
Old
Thanks Meter 318

DONATE TO ME
It is just a text file you can edit it in NotePad called update-script.. I am not sure what the rules are regarding me posting a link to it, but i can PM you a link to the flashable zip i made.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to frescoraja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbobarino
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by frescoraja View Post
It is just a text file you can edit it in NotePad called update-script.. I am not sure what the rules are regarding me posting a link to it, but i can PM you a link to the flashable zip i made.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
Can u send me the link also please

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
MAIN DEVICES M919 GALAXY S 4/LG D959 G FLEX/NEXUS 7 2ND GEN

mojorisin7178
Old
Thanks Meter 72
hey so all I have to do is find the update script and unzip it and open in notepad on my pc? Then I can copy and past that line you put up in your post? Then just rezip it?

krackers
Old
(Last edited by krackers; 28th April 2012 at 05:04 PM.) Reason: BECAUSE I WANT TO!
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Download edited zip file below. Just remove the 2 from the filename so it is

...signed.zip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krackers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frescoraja
Old
(Last edited by frescoraja; 28th April 2012 at 05:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 318

DONATE TO ME
.. cool , just download kracker's zip