Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just got the one X and dislike it.

Tip us?
 
ArmedandDangerous
Old
#11  
ArmedandDangerous's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 332
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Definitely return it and get the S3. Done.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Did you not just read that the screen is too big for the OP...
HTC Desire Z (G2) @ meXdroidROM Ghost Chili AIO <3
HTC One X (endeavoru) @ VenomX 3.7.0 @ XMister #296
HTC One (M7) @ S-Off, Unlocked with revone, Stock rooted, ElementalX 0.11
 
DANOFDANGER
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 393
Join Date: Jul 2011
In regards to optimization i think there is only a little room for what htc can actually achieve with what they have, they are somewhat underdeveloped with their software engineers and i have seen it with previous devices from htc including the sensation which showed very little improvement until ICS was released and that was work done by the improvements of the base not by htc efficiency improvements.
Screen size is not a issue it is quite nice but its more the frame size due to the large screen, now the gs3 on the other hand from what we know atm could have a smaller bezel which may present a smaller frame size so its not because of the screen entirely that makes the phone large.

Also there's always going to be haters on the forum because they are biased towards their own decision and cannot compensate their small brains to allow other people to have alternative opinions on things, so troll away maggots.
The Following User Says Thank You to DANOFDANGER For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pewpewbangbang
Old
#13  
pewpewbangbang's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 273
Posts: 2,007
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ann Arbor & NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOFDANGER View Post
In regards to optimization i think there is only a little room for what htc can actually achieve with what they have, they are somewhat underdeveloped with their software engineers and i have seen it with previous devices from htc including the sensation which showed very little improvement until ICS was released and that was work done by the improvements of the base not by htc efficiency improvements.
Screen size is not a issue it is quite nice but its more the frame size due to the large screen, now the gs3 on the other hand from what we know atm could have a smaller bezel which may present a smaller frame size so its not because of the screen entirely that makes the phone large.

Also there's always going to be haters on the forum because they are biased towards their own decision and cannot compensate their small brains to allow other people to have alternative opinions on things, so troll away maggots.
Well....hopefully the devs coming over can optimize everything. All HTC needs to do is release bloody sources and stop being dumb.

Tegra 3 can definitely be optimized more, and Nvidia needs to update their GFX drivers also, I have a feeling they're the cause for some of these screen flickering on light grey colors and just artifacting etc...in general that ppl are having.

Companion core needs to be used more as well as GPU for UI things.

And yea, GS III can be a smaller devices with a very thin bezel and no buttons. But I doubt it, will still be fairly large IMO, but maybe smaller than One X
 
DANOFDANGER
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 393
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewbangbang View Post
Well....hopefully the devs coming over can optimize everything. All HTC needs to do is release bloody sources and stop being dumb.

Tegra 3 can definitely be optimized more, and Nvidia needs to update their GFX drivers also, I have a feeling they're the cause for some of these screen flickering on light grey colors and just artifacting etc...in general that ppl are having.

Companion core needs to be used more as well as GPU for UI things.

And yea, GS III can be a smaller devices with a very thin bezel and no buttons. But I doubt it, will still be fairly large IMO, but maybe smaller than One X
Yea i agree, devs seem to do more improvements than the actual manufacturers its so funny. Its like why don't they hire these mofo but i reckon they know and want to save money so they just let 3rd party take care of it.
 
the_scotsman
Old
#15  
the_scotsman's Avatar
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee / Haggis Muncher
Thanks Meter 9,282
Posts: 23,283
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NSW, Australia

 
DONATE TO ME
Thread cleaned...don't bother posting if you have nothing useful to contribute.
 
brent8577
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 536
Join Date: Oct 2011
screens aren't going to get smaller. at best, we will get flexible screens that roll up into a tube or something.
The Following User Says Thank You to brent8577 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DANOFDANGER
Old
#17  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 393
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent8577 View Post
screens aren't going to get smaller. at best, we will get flexible screens that roll up into a tube or something.
No but the bezel's could and there is a limit to perfection of course screens may not get smaller but id say they will stop at some point at a preferred size cause we are not going to be walking around with 22" screens in our pockets are we haha even if they were rolled up.

If a screen for a phone were to be developed with 0% bezel size then 6 inch's could almost fit in your hand comfortably without issues.
 
expertzero1
Old
#18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 368
Posts: 2,645
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: So Cal, California
The s3 forums is calling you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to expertzero1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DANOFDANGER
Old
#19  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 393
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by expertzero1 View Post
The s3 forums is calling you.
il buy both.
 
lckuok
Old
#20  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 34
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOFDANGER View Post
This is htc we are talking about, do you think they are goodat optimization hmmm ?.
Yes we are talking about HTC not Samsung which is even worse, look at touchwiz, besides hardware acceleration I don't see anything else, I doubt Samsung would rework it like HTC did for sense

Isn't the s3 going to be slightly bigger than the one x?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes