5,598,718 Members 39,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery Life BUG in ICS based ROMS

Tip us?
 
Tynen
Old
#1  
Tynen's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 396
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA
Default Battery Life BUG in ICS based ROMS

I've done a little research and there is a bug in the 4.0.3 AOSP release. You can see a link to this issue here: http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...78#makechanges

Attached is a screenshot of the problem ocuring in ICS Passion 13.1

I am curious is anyone NOT having this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-03-17-02-00-36.jpg
Views:	1050
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	951301  
Phone: ATT Galaxy S 3
ROM: CM10 Nightly Builds

Phone: GSM Galaxy Nexus
ROM: JB JRN84D


Tablet: Nook Color
ROM: CyanogenMod 7.1
Get Dropbox

 
skieslord
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Mar 2012
Yeah, mine started couple of days ago with the same problem. Android System shows 75% battery usage.
I wonder if there is a fix for this bug. I read whatever is on the link but there is all king of possible solutions.
 
xriderx66
Old
#3  
xriderx66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1504
Posts: 6,441
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Frisco, TX
I'm on MIUI and this is happening quite a bit too
LOLWUT
Still on Stock Android? I pity you. Get on MIUI.
 
bobshute
Old
#4  
bobshute's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 540
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego
Yeah, My battery will be 80% I reboot and it 10% or it's10% and I reboot then it's 80%...lol

T-Mobile Galaxy S III


Nook Color
Triple-Boot Stock 1.4.1 + CM7 + CM9
___________________________________________
To sleep: perchance to dream: aye, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
,
 
VibrantThemer
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 336
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Human City
I think, 84% is the culprit. Read my post here --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=2223

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobshute View Post
Yeah, My battery will be 80% I reboot and it 10% or it's10% and I reboot then it's 80%...lol

 
illego
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 181
Join Date: Aug 2010
I used to have that issue on CM7 many moons ago. Did a bunch of searches and someone mentioned a process call GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK somewhere on XDA, that constantly runs even after you do not choose to backup to google (at least thats what I think its for).

I used root explorer to go into /system/apps and delete the GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK. I have never had any negative effect from doing it. It fixed the Android OS sucking up battery problem. Now I make it a point to delete it after flashing a rom regardless of whether batter drain is there or not. Never had that issue since.

Try it and see what happens. You can always just move it or rename it so you can put it back if it does not solve your problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illego For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Tynen
Old
#7  
Tynen's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 396
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by illego View Post
I used to have that issue on CM7 many moons ago. Did a bunch of searches and someone mentioned a process call GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK somewhere on XDA, that constantly runs even after you do not choose to backup to google (at least thats what I think its for).

I used root explorer to go into /system/apps and delete the GOOGLEBACKUPTRANSPORT.APK. I have never had any negative effect from doing it. It fixed the Android OS sucking up battery problem. Now I make it a point to delete it after flashing a rom regardless of whether batter drain is there or not. Never had that issue since.

Try it and see what happens. You can always just move it or rename it so you can put it back if it does not solve your problem.
I'm trying this now, I'll report back. Thanks
Phone: ATT Galaxy S 3
ROM: CM10 Nightly Builds

Phone: GSM Galaxy Nexus
ROM: JB JRN84D


Tablet: Nook Color
ROM: CyanogenMod 7.1
Get Dropbox

 
thaizz
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2012
I'm joining this club.
Mine S2 is having the same problem since yesterday....
System uses 39% and keeps my phone awake for 6 hours now.
Would like to add a screenshot but I can't

Info:
Model: GT-I9100
Version: 4.0.3
Baseband: I9100XXLPQ
Kernel: 3.0.15-I9100XXLPQ-CL223505se.infra@SEP-94 #3
Build: Lite'ning ROM v2.1
 
Tynen
Old
#9  
Tynen's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 396
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaizz View Post
I'm joining this club.
Mine S2 is having the same problem since yesterday....
System uses 39% and keeps my phone awake for 6 hours now.
Would like to add a screenshot but I can't

Info:
Model: GT-I9100
Version: 4.0.3
Baseband: I9100XXLPQ
Kernel: 3.0.15-I9100XXLPQ-CL223505se.infra@SEP-94 #3
Build: Lite'ning ROM v2.1
Post to the Google Code bug
Phone: ATT Galaxy S 3
ROM: CM10 Nightly Builds

Phone: GSM Galaxy Nexus
ROM: JB JRN84D


Tablet: Nook Color
ROM: CyanogenMod 7.1
Get Dropbox

 
ficklecycler
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 217
Join Date: Jan 2011
Just wondering if there have been any discoveries or new info on this problem.

I was experiencing this bug for a long time and I thought it was a bad battery. After replacing my battery it was still happening.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more

Easily Configure Xposed Module Projects in Eclipse

XDA Recognized Developer rovo89‘s innovative and versatile Xposed Framework allows … more

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more