Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Before I resell my One S...questions about rebate and micro sim...

Tip us?

nathan118
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Question [Q] Before I resell my One S...questions about rebate and micro sim...

I recently bought a Galaxy Nexus, so I used my Tmo upgrade to get the One S, and now I want to turn around and sell it to subsidize my Nexus.

The $50 rebate sounds like I basically have to use it. The requirements are:
1) To qualify for this rebate card offer, you must reach the qualifying handset and Data/Messaging requirements below through T-Mobile Customer Care. Qualifying activations include T-Mobile Refurbished Device products.

2) Offer only valid on plans with a two-year contract.

3) To be eligible for the rebate card: (i) your submitted materials must be validated by T-Mobile; (ii) you must have an active account meeting the rebate eligibility requirements; and (iii) your upgraded handset must be used to complete at least one call on your extended line of service.
Here's my dilemma. Most people who will want this phone won't meet those requirements. So selling the phone with the rebate unfulfilled won't be useful to a lot of people. It also wants your customer account number, so they might do some cross checking to make sure you really bought the phone.

For me to claim it before selling it, I'll need to make a call on my line, meaning I'll need to activate the included micro sim on my account and make a call. That means I'll have to use the micro sim included.

Is it that hard to get a new micro sim? If I use it, can whoever buys the phone just walk into T-mobile and get a new one? Was hoping to sell it NIB without opening it, but now I can at least power it on and take a picture showing it working.

Anything I'm missing? Thanks for the help everybody.

Blackjack3d
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I dunno about the whole rebate situation but I know you can get a micro sim cutter that turns a normal sized sim card into a micro sim. Maybe there'll be one included in the box (I dunno about that yet, I get my One S on Tuesday ) but they can be bought for pretty cheap anyway.

nathan118
Old
(Last edited by nathan118; 28th April 2012 at 02:29 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Any idea if I activate and use the micro sim that came with the One S...will that deactivate the old sim I'm using in my galaxy nexus?

And feel free to give your opinion...what would you rather get...a NIB never opened One S....or one that has been opened with proof of powering on?

asko1981
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
Any idea if I activate and use the micro sim that came with the One S...will that deactivate the old sim I'm using in my galaxy nexus?
Yes, it will. You can only have one sim activated per line.
The Following User Says Thank You to asko1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nathan118
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by asko1981 View Post
Yes, it will. You can only have one sim activated per line.
That's what I was afraid. Tmo has made it pretty darn difficult to redeem this thing. Would have to activate micro sim (now buyer has to get one), and then I have to go get a new regular sim for my nexus. Ugh...not worth it.

I'll include all the rebate stuff and whoever gets it can try and claim it!

makomek
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Go to the Galaxy Nexus and ask it there,we don't need thread like this to take up space or dial 611 and ask them and close this thread!

nathan118
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by makomek View Post
Go to the Galaxy Nexus and ask it there,we don't need thread like this to take up space or dial 611 and ask them and close this thread!
It was actually more about the one s, but thanks!

shinkinrui
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by makomek View Post
>Doesn't even properly read thread
>Tries to tell others how to use forum

mfw

nathan118
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Bought two (one on wife's line, one on mine). So I'll sell one opened with proof of powering up, and the other completely unopened. Trying to claim the rebates seemed like too much of a pain. Maybe if the buyers get lucky they'll be able to claim it.

Thanks for all the help.

sanchitgrover
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Hey I wish to buy it , how much are you looking for it ??

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
phone: iphone 3g--> sold
htc inspire--> sold
Htc amaze --> sold
htc one x --> sold
Samsung s3 --> sold

NOTE 2 !! HELL YEAH !!!
tab: white ipad 2 3g 64gigs!!

Tags
htc one s, rebate, t-mobile