Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 38,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q)Has anyone flashed a samsung aviator with droid charge odin?

Tip us?

stephenj37826
Old
(Last edited by stephenj37826; 27th April 2012 at 10:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default (Q)Has anyone flashed a samsung aviator with droid charge odin?

Was wondering if the roms will work. Also wondering if pit file is a avalible for the charge. Sent from my SCH-R930 using XDA

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenj37826 View Post
Was wondering if the roms will work. Also wondering if pit file is a avalible for the charge. Sent from my SCH-R930 using XDA
Don't do it, will brick your phone for sure. Anything for the Charge WILL NOT work with your phone.

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3094

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Don't do it, will brick your phone for sure. Anything for the Charge WILL NOT work with your phone.
To further elaborate, we have reports of bricked Aviators in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1585088
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2974

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike1978 View Post
To further elaborate, we have reports of bricked Aviators in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1585088
I see no bricks in the linked thread. I would highly recommend NOT flashing a Charge Odin file to the Aviator, especially don't use the PIT file, however, some components of the odin file may have at least some functionality. The thing is, if you have to ask if it will work, you shouldn't be doing it.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3094

DONATE TO ME
End of the second page. Not technically a brick I guess, but effectively one because the only fix was to replace it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

stephenj37826
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
I was asking because over at team us cellular a guy followed some dumb post about how to root the aviator and he is bricked. The store/ service center has the odin file but no pit file. Was hoping he could use the charge pit file. Was just hoping to help him out.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using XDA

JihadSquad
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenj37826 View Post
I was asking because over at team us cellular a guy followed some dumb post about how to root the aviator and he is bricked. The store/ service center has the odin file but no pit file. Was hoping he could use the charge pit file. Was just hoping to help him out.

So US cellular doesnt even give two craps if you mess with your phone? They just odin it for you? Looks like a cool company if you ask me
I will DIE for our cause!
VZW Galaxy S4 - Stock

stephenj37826
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Yeah I guess not. I've bern told several times about rooting by different sales reps lol. Had two ask me to put a custom rom on there mesmerizes lol.

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2974

DONATE TO ME
You can get the PIT file if you're rooted. Just dump /dev/block/bml2 with dd. If they have a full Odin file that they'll share, let me see it and I can get the phone rooted for you
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

stephenj37826
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Ill try to get it asap. Thanks a lot