Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Tip us?

Genjinaro
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefak View Post
Just wondering...

Can anyone here predict if the Evo 4G LTE will get the same developer attention the OG Evo 4G did?
No, the OG was a beast unmatched when it came out.
More than the 3D? Hell yeah...

It's not the quantity of devs, it's the quality. The EVO 3D has had a great selection of devs.

As long as chad.goodman gets one, I'll be happy. Hell I'll pump money his way if I have to.
XDA since 2007...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genjinaro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemepinks View Post
in my experience, i have lots of friend who worked at sprint stores, they never get the manuals and posters well over a month before the fone is released, usually it within weeks of a release plus sprint has to keep up with att and t-mobile
yeah agree there too....though if those posters are not making it over till the 14th to stores then its still possible that the first week of June can hold as the date, as thats not but a couple weeks away there...

also a lot of this speculation sits on when they get said materials....which could be whenever really as that part is still speculation till proven otherwise...

BrianBaker
Old
Thanks Meter 884
Could also be that the materials were set to be delivered because the 18th of May was prob the goal..Then current issues with the LTE have set it back to June but the materials were already set for May 14th...Someone in the print'n department didn't get a memo LOL.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
<<I was a Victim of Apple patent #5,946,647>>
Rom:Stock-Unlocked

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiro View Post
No, the OG was a beast unmatched when it came out.
More than the 3D? Hell yeah...

It's not the quantity of devs, it's the quality. The EVO 3D has had a great selection of devs.

As long as chad.goodman gets one, I'll be happy. Hell I'll pump money his way if I have to.
And Joel and virus and myn and ...
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

Device: Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Incognito_v1.1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to mlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
exactly i never understood the whole "evo3D lacked development" crap talk...imho it was stout. period!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sgt. slaughter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefak View Post
Just wondering...

Can anyone here predict if the Evo 4G LTE will get the same developer attention the OG Evo 4G did?
Probably not. I don't think it has anything to do with HTC's policies either. One thing that made the evo so popular was that it was the only phone of that caliber on sprint at the time. Now within ~6 months we'll likely see the EVO LTE, SGS3, and iP5. However, I'm sure support will be great for this awesome phone as it seems the one x threads have been pretty busy. The HTC One X series of phones are fantastic devices. Nothing apple nor Samsung can do will take away from that.
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

Genjinaro
Old
Thanks Meter 359

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
We all need to have an "Warm" intervention with Myn lol, I have little doubt Virus & Joel will come along.
XDA since 2007...
The Following User Says Thank You to Genjinaro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WatermelonSlim
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Is myn even going to be developing for this phone? He implied that he was going to be getting away from HTC phones earlier in this thread.

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
Is myn even going to be developing for this phone? He implied that he was going to be getting away from HTC phones earlier in this thread.
Yeah, I saw that as well. It's too bad because his work is awesome but with all the talent around here we'll still have awesome roms and kernels.

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Can't forget about Mik he's also getting the LTE he said he's getting it

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Elite_The_King. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
evo, htc, lte, sprint