Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 39,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*need assistance*

Tip us?

mcord11758
Old
(Last edited by mcord11758; 28th April 2012 at 03:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,188
Adb and fastboot are different command lines. adb can not see your service in hboot or fastboot. Fastboot can only see your device in fastboot. Only chance for adb to see a device that is not booting is in recovery or if the device is booting far enough that even though it does not fully boot it can be reached.

The fastboot command are separate from adb

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

ZEDEK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
ok..gotcha---I think. In my SDK folder I dont see a "FastBoot" folder by itself--in Platform tools I see "FastBoot.exe"-->again I apologize for my ignorance (Im only use to working on phones not tablets). Before I irritate you any further, can u link me to a site that gives me some info on FastBoot commands and is there any drivers I need to download to make these commands work? Thanks for your time.

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1,188
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1308537331

The Following User Says Thank You to mcord11758 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZEDEK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcord11758 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1308537331

Do I add this to my Android SDK or just run as is?

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1,188
You use this like adb. Place it in any folder you want, open a command terminal on your PC, change directories to the folder you placed it in, make sure the recovery is in the same folder, execute command by typing it in the command terminal

ZEDEK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
You use this like adb. Place it in any folder you want, open a command terminal on your PC, change directories to the folder you placed it in, make sure the recovery is in the same folder, execute command by typing it in the command terminal

ok mcord, I had to do some searching on the web to understand what you were saying--> Im so used to using the UPDATE.ZIP method, but anyway the file that u sent me when I examined it I found that the FASTBOOT file is located in my platform tools in the Android SDK folder...so I used this thread to assist me in understanding--->http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all-...t-sd-card.html
So I then changed the file name of "cwm-4.0.1.4-express" to "recovery.img"and then placed it in the platform tools folder where the FASTBOOT file was and then used this code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and got the following error:cannot load 'recovery.img'---did I do something wrong? I feel like I'm so close to making this work

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1,188
Check spelling and confirm out I'd in the same directory

ZEDEK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
hmmm...(I dont know why this is so hard). I get this message:
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail) <----------does this mean its not in the same directory?

*FRUSTRATED*

mcord11758
Old
Thanks Meter 1,188
Taking a stab at it but your hboot is not unlocked. It would say it at the top of the hboot screen. Maybe you can try to unlock it but I am not sure that will work without debugging

ZEDEK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Taking a stab at it but your hboot is not unlocked. It would say it at the top of the hboot screen. Maybe you can try to unlock it but I am not sure that will work without debugging
This is what it says at the top of the tablet:
EXPRESS PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT- 1.13.0000
MICROP-0656
RADIO- 1.05.11.0531
Jun 10 2011, 00:12:16