No registration required
Thread Closed

[HOW TO] ROOT HTC RUBY / AMAZE 4G

OP Binary100100

28th April 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #181  
Thanks Meter: 54

489 posts
More
got you man just one question how the hell do i flash a kernel ive been searching it around the forum and no luck. Also so why do you want to be one of the experts in these forums if your not going to help out, i mean the more you teach the more you learn but i guess you guys here at xda arent to helpful. Anyways as i said if you have a lot of knowledge about this why note share it but i mean i guess your right about noobs being able to search it up themselves but wateves man.
Last edited by Jaimesco12; 28th April 2012 at 05:40 AM.
28th April 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 74

1,314 posts
I'm not a noob, I've done this before, and rooted plenty of phones. I even did quite a few searches, I'm baffled by WTF is going on. Obviously, I've tried everything obvious.
glacierguy
28th April 2012, 09:04 AM   |  #183  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimesco12

...just one question how the hell do i flash a kernel ive been searching it around...

as i said if you have a lot of knowledge about this why note share it but i mean i guess your right about noobs being able to search it up themselves but wateves man.

All the knowledge I have (which isn't as much as u give me credit for) came from hundreds of hours of reading, experimenting, soft bricking, panicking, and sweating out processes.

I have shared ALL OF MY KNOWLEDGE within the Amaze forum. Most of it multiple times. So hoarding knowledge is something I am not doing. If I learn everything in this forum and android-dev.us, then technically I had to have found the info somewhere... Right? And if I ever found anything out myself, I always post it.

The ONLY obligation I have is to the 4ext thread (WHICH FLASHES THE KERNEL A.K.A BOOT.IMG IN RECOVERY AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU FLASH THE ROM. That's how u flash a kernel dude).

Sent from my exhausted So Icy HTC Ruby
Last edited by glacierguy; 28th April 2012 at 09:07 AM.
28th April 2012, 03:29 PM   |  #184  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 65

295 posts
More
Quote:

i did everything 100% correctly i went into custom recovery and installed energy 4/27/12 then i just get the htc logo with no boot

That ROM is a ICS ROM you have to flash new Hboot He said so in his post.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
28th April 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #185  
Flag Atlanta

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

I'm done helping noobs that are too lazy to search how to fix one of the most common FAQs of this device. People aren't even trying to learn anymore. Its ridiculous that we have to hold people's hands through this. Learn on your own by reading or stay stock. Smh :banghead:

I will continue supporting 4ext thread, but that's it. A wise man predicted weeks ago via pm to me that this would happen. Rule #1 of xda... Search before posting. But why would I think anyone would read the rules. If I was a mod I'd be serving temp bans all day. I'm no longer checking this thread.

All these girls excited Oooo ya know they like it I'm so icy, so icy

Lol. Hey Glacier I was wondering if you knew anybody that switched over to ICS and their 32 gb card wasn't noticed by CWM 5.8.0.2. I just flashed 4EXT after I got tired of reflashing recovery. Great Job on that btw

glacierguy
28th April 2012, 07:08 PM   |  #186  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungMage

Lol. Hey Glacier I was wondering if you knew anybody that switched over to ICS and their 32 gb card wasn't noticed by CWM 5.8.0.2. I just flashed 4EXT after I got tired of reflashing recovery. Great Job on that btw

Yes I've read that issue. Format the sd card using PC... Should fix it

Sent from my iced out HTC Ruby
30th April 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #187  
Flag Atlanta

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

Yes I've read that issue. Format the sd card using PC... Should fix it

Sent from my iced out HTC Ruby

I did quick and full format. Was a no go but flashing this recovery fixed it.

30th April 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #188  
Thanks Meter: 12

218 posts
More
I just updated to the Stock 4.0(leaked rom). All I want to do is root so I can remove all the Tmobile bloatware. Nothing else, just root. Would I just follow the guide on the first page and be done or is there anything else I should do? thanks.

EDIT: NM, just done it! Rooted and good to go. Thanks guys.
Last edited by xdame; 30th April 2012 at 10:16 PM.
1st May 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #189  
Thanks Meter: 54

489 posts
More
i got 4ext recovery controll the app the it tells me to install 4ext recovery but all of them are reference and testing
1st May 2012, 01:53 AM   |  #190  
Flag Atlanta

295 posts
More
Quote:

i got 4ext recovery controll the app the it tells me to install 4ext recovery but all of them are reference and testing

yea just dl the first one on list it is now stable.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root
Previous Thread Next Thread