5,606,297 Members 31,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Notification Bar Widgets in Atrix 2

Tip us?
 
androiddecoded
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 103
Join Date: May 2011
Default Notification Bar Widgets in Atrix 2

I bought Atrix 2 today.. but there is no widgets in Notification bar similar to Samsung Touchwiz. They are pretty handy. Anyone knows an app for it??
 
Darth_Reals
Old
#2  
Darth_Reals's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 24
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Moscow
Quote:
Originally Posted by androiddecoded View Post
I bought Atrix 2 today.. but there is no widgets in Notification bar similar to Samsung Touchwiz. They are pretty handy. Anyone knows an app for it??
There are a few versions of this notification bar for the Atrix 2. But you have to be on one of the DEODEXED roms to have them. That means, you also need root and CWM Recovery. If you do - I can share a few status bars with you.
 
aki2cool
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 28
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mumbai
I think there's an app called notification toggle in Google Play
just give it a try.....!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aki2cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
armyengineer51
Old
#4  
armyengineer51's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 131
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Redmond, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki2cool View Post
I think there's an app called notification toggle in Google Play
just give it a try.....!!!!
Excellent tip, thanks!
 
KEB64
Old
#5  
KEB64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 704
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki2cool View Post
I think there's an app called notification toggle in Google Play
just give it a try.....!!!!
Pretty cool. Two comments.

1. Unless I use a white background there will be a white border on two sides as if this app was not made for our screen size. Anybody else see this?
2. Why does a ROM need to be deodexed to use the toggle zips here? Won't they work on stock odexed?

The End.
HTC EVO 4G LTE cm11 nightlies
Free and Open Source Software for Android
 
KEB64
Old
(Last edited by KEB64; 28th April 2012 at 05:04 AM.)
#6  
KEB64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 704
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
This is what I'm talking about...



The End.

It would be better if the white screenshot notification wasn't there. Then you would see a small thin line of white along the bottom of the notification app as well as the right side. Make sense?
HTC EVO 4G LTE cm11 nightlies
Free and Open Source Software for Android
 
KEB64
Old
#7  
KEB64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 704
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Here it can be seen more clearly.



The End.
HTC EVO 4G LTE cm11 nightlies
Free and Open Source Software for Android
 
farshad525hou
Old
#8  
farshad525hou's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 432
Posts: 830
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Massachusetts

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEB64 View Post
Pretty cool. Two comments.

1. Unless I use a white background there will be a white border on two sides as if this app was not made for our screen size. Anybody else see this?
2. Why does a ROM need to be deodexed to use the toggle zips here? Won't they work on stock odexed?

The End.
To answer number 2... Notification toggles as well as practically every mod required a deodxed phone because in a odexed phone the information in say BlurCamera.apk is split between BlurCamera.apk and BlurCamera.odex This makes it very difficult to find a a specific file you might be looking for (epescially for theming) because it can be anywhere between the two. In a deodexed ROM BlurCamera.apk and BlurCamera.odex is combined, so all the files are in one place and easy to find.
DON'T HAVE A DROPBOX? SIGN UP WITH THIS LINK AND WE BOTH GET 500MB EXTRA!: http://db.tt/UAXWgzXy

Current Devices:
HTC One running Android 4.4 KitKat/CM11 Beta builds from source!
Google Nexus 7 running AOSP 4.4 KitKat!
Backup Devices
Samsung Galaxy Nexus running CM10.2 nightlies.
Google (Asus) Nexus 7 running CM10.2 nightlies!
Motorola Atrix 2 running CM10
Previous Devices:
Samsung Infuse 4G,-HATED IT!
iPhone 3G-Sold it on Ebay!



 
alteredlikeness
Old
#9  
alteredlikeness's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4546
Posts: 2,253
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: reflecting on Indra's net

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by farshad525hou View Post
To answer number 2... Notification toggles as well as practically every mod required a deodxed phone because in a odexed phone the information in say BlurCamera.apk is split between BlurCamera.apk and BlurCamera.odex This makes it very difficult to find a a specific file you might be looking for (epescially for theming) because it can be anywhere between the two. In a deodexed ROM BlurCamera.apk and BlurCamera.odex is combined, so all the files are in one place and easy to find.
Yup. That damn SystemUI.odex....
You can only edit existing images, xml files - minor theming stuff - in the odexed apks. To edit the smali files (which is needed for heavier mods, like adding the dropdown toggles, power menu options, etc..) you need to deodex...
I have been running on an odexed rom for a while now, and it's quite a bit faster loading and booting.. I managed to tweak it pretty well while leaving it odexed, but I gotta get my pulldown toggles back... still working on that..

Sent from my mind using XDA
Quote:
Originally Posted by doseone/themselves View Post
Code:
...with the kind of hunger wings once sprung from...
A2 Edison | N10 Manta

/-\ |_ T F |2 F |)
 
KEB64
Old
#10  
KEB64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 704
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Tan Valley, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredlikeness View Post
I have been running on an odexed rom for a while now, and it's quite a bit faster loading and booting.. I managed to tweak it pretty well while leaving it odexed, but I gotta get my pulldown toggles back... still working on that..

Sent from my mind using XDA
Thanks. I'd be very interested in what you've managed to accomplish tweak-wise on a stock odexed ROM. I'm sure others would too. Start a new thread?



The End.
HTC EVO 4G LTE cm11 nightlies
Free and Open Source Software for Android

The Following User Says Thank You to KEB64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
atrix
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Google Glass Now Open to Anyone… with $1500 to Spend (Update: Not Anymore)

Google Glass, which recently received its official update … more

Android 4.4.2 OTA Now Available for the Verizon Droid DNA

A couple of days ago, we talked about how the Android 4.4.2 upgrade for the HTC … more

UnbelovedHosts Uses Xposed to Block Unwanted Connections

First popularized by mvps, hosts-based ad blocking has become the de facto standard … more