Sync photos

OP hah2110

23rd April 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

2,442 posts
On vanilla android, there is an option to "make an album available offline". My only assumption that this is for linking to some cloud-storage but what is it talking about? Google Photos? Can you use that with DropBox? Is there a way to use Google Photos without having it sharing with Google+ and what not?
23rd April 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 20

87 posts
Donate to Me
More
Making an album available offline "should" cache/download selected Google albums to your phone such that they are available even when you in airplane mode. Having said that - all my Google account photos seem to be available, whether I'm on or offline. Also, photos uploaded into Google+ remain private unless you explicitly indicate who you want to share the photo/album to among your Google+ friends/circles.

I've also noticed that my albums whether in Picasaweb or Google+ are available and accessible from either web-app.

Dropbox, from the Dropbox app, has its separate "camera upload" feature to copy your photos to your dropbox folders. Select a private folder to keep your photos private.
Last edited by ultrawires; 23rd April 2012 at 06:02 AM.
23rd April 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

2,442 posts
But how do you get the pictures to Google Photos? You can't "sync" with DropBox, right, just auto upload? Must you have the photos go to Google+?
28th April 2012, 05:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

2,442 posts
Bump

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread