Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,354 Members 41,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sync photos

Tip us?

hah2110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Sync photos

On vanilla android, there is an option to "make an album available offline". My only assumption that this is for linking to some cloud-storage but what is it talking about? Google Photos? Can you use that with DropBox? Is there a way to use Google Photos without having it sharing with Google+ and what not?

ultrawires
Old
(Last edited by ultrawires; 23rd April 2012 at 06:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Making an album available offline "should" cache/download selected Google albums to your phone such that they are available even when you in airplane mode. Having said that - all my Google account photos seem to be available, whether I'm on or offline. Also, photos uploaded into Google+ remain private unless you explicitly indicate who you want to share the photo/album to among your Google+ friends/circles.

I've also noticed that my albums whether in Picasaweb or Google+ are available and accessible from either web-app.

Dropbox, from the Dropbox app, has its separate "camera upload" feature to copy your photos to your dropbox folders. Select a private folder to keep your photos private.

hah2110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
But how do you get the pictures to Google Photos? You can't "sync" with DropBox, right, just auto upload? Must you have the photos go to Google+?

hah2110
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Bump

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2