XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The ten (small) things I love about Windows Phone

Tip us?

JamesKroll
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default The ten (small) things I love about Windows Phone

I know its a bit random but I figured Windows Phone deserves it.

Here is my top 10:
1. The UI
2. When I receive a text the screen doesn't turn on until it recognizes light.
3. Music Player
4. Zune sync
5. Easy developement
6. Easy to use
7. Automatic Brightness works better than others (iPhone)
8. Contacts sync online, no need for backups!
9. FaceBook + Twitter integration
10. IE Mobile
Phones I've Owned: Note 3 N900W8 (Current), Motorola RAZR HD, Xperia SP, Galaxy Note II, Xperia ZL, Nexus 4, HTC 8X, LG C900, HTC Titan, HTC HD7, Desire Z, iPhone 3GS (SUCKED!), Samsung Focus, Galaxy S Vibrant, LG Optimus One.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesKroll For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chaitanya91845
Old
Thanks Meter 22
How could you forget the ME tile?
And how about XBOX live, Bing Vision and TellMe?
Twitter: @Cri5_09
Email: cbangera@sevenplusandroid.org

doesntexist
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Also the SkyDrive integration with office mobile, very handy with OneNote. It will be a killer feature when Windows 8 is released since it revolves around SkyDrive
Nokia Lumia 920
HTC Titan - Retired
HTC HD7 - Retired
HTC Touch Pro 2 - Retired
HTC Touch Pro - Retired
HTC Touch - Retired

WP7 Useful Stuff

ROCOAFZ
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntexist View Post
Also the SkyDrive integration with office mobile, very handy with OneNote. It will be a killer feature when Windows 8 is released since it revolves around SkyDrive
Just started using One note recently. I have to agree Skydrive makes it rock. now if the wp version only supported one note pictures that i make from my tablet

ChrisKringel
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesKroll View Post
2. When I receive a text the screen doesn't turn on until it recognizes light.
This Feature is great. I'm not sure if ist based on the Ambient Light Sensor or the Proximity Sensor. But it sure saves some battery when I have the phone in my pocket.

Another thing I absolutely love is the Office/SkyDrive integration. I set up the SkyDrive App on my Windows PC and added a Folder called "Synced Documents". Then I added this folder to my Documents Library. Now I can easily save Documents on my PC and they are automatically synced to my WP. I then can edit them on the go and review These changes back at home.

bobzero
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKringel View Post
This Feature is great. I'm not sure if ist based on the Ambient Light Sensor or the Proximity Sensor. But it sure saves some battery when I have the phone in my pocket.
Hmm my phone (LQ Quantum, c-900b) does not behave this way.

What phones do not turn on the screen when they sense they are in the pocket? (i would guess it would be proximity sensor not ambient light)

buffalosolja42
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Well mine is a bit nerdish

I love the fact that the calculator changes functions when you turn in from different orientations turn left trig turn right hex, bin calculator pretty cool imho.
History have had plenty of Pocket PC's, and other PDA devices.
Samsung Focus (Custom Rom) and Focus S (Interlop Unlocked) and Transformer TF101 w/Megatron and 17C (Stable for work use)

fatclue
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 82
Nobody does Office like MS. Skydrive Browser for Android, has anyone used this abomination? Even Windows Mobile 5, 6, 6.x synced tasks, can't say the same for Google. Quickoffice and Documents to Go are capable 3rd party solutions for iOS, Android and even webOS, but none give you the same experience as the "real thing".

anseio
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntexist View Post
I love, Love, LOVE that I can write something up on my laptop and save it to a SkyDrive subfolder, and within a few minutes have it appear on my phone. The SkyDrive update was one of the most amazing things to happen so far.

qjuanp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I love of Windows Phone

Office Hub, especially OneNote
Pictures Hub and the Music player.

Tags
top 10, windows phone favorites