Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM-AOSP][BL1.2]G-Harmony Gingerbread 2.3.7 (UPDATED 3/15)

OP tjohnsonjr

22nd April 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #41  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
I am very frustrated. I am trying to flash this, but I get stuck at the Viewsonic birds screen for periods of up to fifteen minutes before giving up and going back into recovery. I am using ClockworkMod and am coming from CM7. Additionally, I have followed the instructions on page two of this guide regarding formatting system and data in mounts and storage, clearing data with a CWM-based factory reset, clearing Dalvik, and the reflashing the ROM.

Any ideas? The CM7 I am using on my G Tablet at the moment is flaky at best, and everybody keeps saying how great this ROM is. I followed the instructions in the sticky in this forum to determine if i have 1.1 or 1.2, and I do not have the correct identifying information in About Phone, probably because I am using CWM and CM7.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #42  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 406
 
1,315 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaomnia

I followed the instructions in the sticky in this forum to determine if i have 1.1 or 1.2, and I do not have the correct identifying information in About Phone, probably because I am using CWM and CM7.

See this thread to determine which bootloader version you have if you run a pershoot kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to rajeevvp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #43  
pqrs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durham NC
Thanks Meter: 75
 
588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
been running this for the past week, not bad! everything seems to work well, the only problems ive had are sometimes it wont wake up without a reboot, and occasionally when waking up itll make a hissing sound until i restart it. but ive seen that problem on a number of roms, so it might be a hardware thing?
but all in all.. nice rom!
The Following User Says Thank You to pqrs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 12:50 PM   |  #44  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Flashed this last night on my gtab that been sitting for a long time as I couldn't ever get a rom that work well. I have to say this is one of the best ones to date,no Fc's yet and touch screen isn't wonky with games like Temple Run.

Keep up the good work!
27th April 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #45  
schremer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Please could anyone provide an additional download mirror? Hopelessly trying to download for two days already

Sent from my Adam using XDA
27th April 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #46  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oceanside, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,110
 
1,577 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by schremer

Please could anyone provide an additional download mirror? Hopelessly trying to download for two days already

Sent from my Adam using XDA

Have you tried with a different browser? I can but not til later tonight or tomorrow

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to tjohnsonjr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 12:46 AM   |  #47  
luis250's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
YouTube works fine but browser stock videos don't work

Any solution
28th April 2012, 08:08 AM   |  #48  
schremer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnsonjr

Have you tried with a different browser? I can but not til later tonight or tomorrow

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Thanks for reply. Succesfully downloaded this morning - installing
29th April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #49  
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 2
 
288 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
hi all. I want to know if this rom supports hardware acceleration?

I want to be able to run 1080p videos. Also I believe the camera is working on this rom?

sorry but I've been running honeycomb since I got my tab but now want to use Skype and hd video. if there's any other rom I should flash,please point me to it.

thanks
23rd May 2012, 12:06 AM   |  #50  
nobe1976's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Darkside
Thanks Meter: 559
 
1,029 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junooni

hi all. I want to know if this rom supports hardware acceleration?

I want to be able to run 1080p videos. Also I believe the camera is working on this rom?

sorry but I've been running honeycomb since I got my tab but now want to use Skype and hd video. if there's any other rom I should flash,please point me to it.

thanks

I believe this ROM like other 2.3.x ROM still lack hardware acceleration support. So chances on getting 1080p video playback will not happen unless you downgrade to a froyo 2.2 ROM. For great 1080p video playback suggest using the DRH ICS ROM or check up on it from time to times to see how the progress goes. Camera doesn't currently work with it for Skype, but video playback is awesome.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes