No registration required

[DEV] ICS rooting for kernel 10 users

OP Nesquick95

27th April 2012, 11:51 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 46

82 posts
A last ray of hope ?
There is something weird in the run-as posted by OCedHrt... His ELF header show an entry point at 0x8000 when the other run-as' that I've seen have their entry point at 0x80C0...
It sounds a little simple but may someone test :

./mempodroid 0xd92c 0xae87 sh

Thx !
Last edited by Nesquick95; 28th April 2012 at 12:00 AM.
28th April 2012, 02:00 AM   |  #12  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 58

228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesquick95

There is something weird in the run-as posted by OCedHrt... His ELF header show an entry point at 0x8000 when the other run-as' that I've seen have their entry point at 0x80C0...
It sounds a little simple but may someone test :

./mempodroid 0xd92c 0xae87 sh

Thx !

Tried it, sadly did not work. I also got the latest version of mempodroid off the git, but still didnt work.

EDIT: FOUND a little thing, our offsets (from n95-offsets) are exactly the same as the transformer prime, maybe we can use the exploit they used to root ours?
Last edited by Maeur1; 28th April 2012 at 02:04 AM.
28th April 2012, 06:58 AM   |  #13  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 52

655 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesquick95

I don't know if running in recovery can make mempodroid fail... It probably doesn't. But as you can see, Condi has run n95-offsets in "regular" /data/local/tmp without success.

I have verified the offsets in the run-as binary posted with IDA disassembler, the offsets returned by n95-offsets are the good ones.

I think Sony's 2.6.39 kernel is patched, the exploit won't work...

(Maybe) we will find an other one (some day)...

I wonder how he got chmod to work. Well I assume he already had root. Chmod returns operation not permitted for me so I had to try it in recovery.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
28th April 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 46

82 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeur1

Tried it, sadly did not work. I also got the latest version of mempodroid off the git, but still didnt work.

EDIT: FOUND a little thing, our offsets (from n95-offsets) are exactly the same as the transformer prime, maybe we can use the exploit they used to root ours?

Transformer Prime is probably running the same kernel than our tablet but I guess it has been released earlier than Sony's ICS, when mempodroid was still young and proud (I mean not patched)!

It's hard to figure out, but we must keep on searching, try things like you suggest... I haven't decided yet if I will sell my Sony S or if I will loose some more time on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nesquick95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread