Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s (Advent Vega)

Tip us?

gx3k
Old
Thanks Meter 145
I know that now, lol. I went into recovery mode and did everything all over again. It's now working perfectly

2minuutes
Old
Thanks Meter 19
If you use my tutorial for CWM with Touch Buttons, you'll be able to reboot straight into recovery, without powering the device off and than on again...

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1597556
Devices:

Phone: LG G2 F320S

Recovery: PhilZ Touch

Tablet: Google Nexus 7

Recovery: PhilZ 5.03.0

hktmt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I try this...it is stable but built in 3G doesn't work although it can register the network and set APN.

dbaseii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this was a great rom for my pov mobii. Everything worked well.
Until I did updates. The Google maps now has the same problem as other roms where it cause the tablet to reboot. Then the wifi sleep problem started occurring. I'm going to reflash an stay away from the map updates

nickc78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
works really well, I had the wifi sleep problem but resolved it with the wifi lock app suggested in an earlier comment. The only oddity I have now is that not all Widgets appear in the Widgets menu, for example I use titanium backup but I cannot define the Widgets as they are not in the menu. Originally when I first installed the rom they worked for a while but then they stopped, I have tried a different launcher but still have the issue. Could this be the rom causing this?

daedric
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Gentlemen, there's ICS 4.0.4 AOSP working wonderfully.

Search google for VegaCream

HTC Kaiser . CM6 ......... OC@530mHz - Kitchen Watch with NTP .
HTC Leo .... CMX OC@1.19gHz, Jellybean
HTC Ace .... CMX OC@1.5gHz, ICS + Sense 4.0

nickc78
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc78 View Post
The only oddity I have now is that not all Widgets appear in the Widgets menu, for example I use titanium backup but I cannot define the Widgets as they are not in the menu. Originally when I first installed the rom they worked for a while but then they stopped, I have tried a different launcher but still have the issue. Could this be the rom causing this?
In case anyone is interested I have worked this out, it was simply because I moved the app to my SD card. Not sure if this a well known issue but the same happened with my galaxy s2. Once the app is moved back the widget option returns.

yani2000
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickc78 View Post
In case anyone is interested I have worked this out, it was simply because I moved the app to my SD card. Not sure if this a well known issue but the same happened with my galaxy s2. Once the app is moved back the widget option returns.
Yes, this is a well known issue!
Apps that have background processes or widgets require to be on internal storage and not on SD card.
Why?
Simples! When you remove your SD card the widgets and apps that are stored on SD card will disappear. With apps there is not a problem because they just change the icon to default android icon and become unrunnable. Problem arises with widgets and background processes which just stop and crash your tablet and you don't want that to happen. In order to get your tablet into normal state you would have to reboot it.
It would also be a problem if you would have your widgets on a SD card when booting your tablet. All the widgets wouldn't load because they load before your SD card does, and you would be greeted with empty home screens.

Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 Android OS v4.0.4 (AOSP):
ROM: Slim ICS v4.2
KERNEL: Semaphore ICS v1.3.0s
MODEM: I9000XXJW4

Point Of View Mobii 10.1" Tegra (3G) (Advent Vega clone) Android OS v4.1.2 (AOSP):
ROM: VegaBean Beta 6

fiocco
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Link dead plz send me thx.

alessandrogambi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi, I've just bought a SMARTBOOK SURFER 360MN10U.
Does this ROM run good in this device?
I mean: 3G, WIFI, USB, CAM, work perfectly?
BlackTigerX, I think you have it. Do you have tryed it?
Thank in advance.

Tags
honeycomb, vega, vegacomb, viewcomb, viewpad 10s