[mi7ROM] [05.04.2012][multi lang] mi7ROM_v1/v1b tango 8773

Search This thread

GigahurtzUK

Feb 24, 2011
How do you reinstall magldr? I can't seem to find instructions/download. I have it already on phone but have forgotten how i installed it. Dumb i know.

narshorn

Yes, I think so. If this firmware has significant improvemets, then we have read over it on web, but i have search informations over it and i can't find nothing...

But normally backup and the update works, without any problems or risk, to brick the device.
WP7 is'nt android :D

Ps. It's my 3000st post here on xda :D:cool:

Cool :)

BackUp worked as intended. It's generated at same place Zune places its own backups and folder has the exact same name. So I think it would restore fine too.

I doubt Samsung would out a new firmware without differences with previous ones.

Maybe it's just too early to see / feel improvements.

Boot time seems to have slightly decreased, but to confirm. Now it's 26 seconds since vibration till Home screen display.
I would think pictures gallery is also more repsonsive than before in thumbnail display, but it may be a subjective opinion :)

Best,

nAr

Reactions: mirolg

MTom

May 5, 2007
Hungary
thank you for your feedback, tom :)you mean, you have do the update to 12.12.2 firmware andyou have not the new 6.2.2.9 bootloader, but you have still the old4.10.1.9 bootloader, yes? but how??

Hi.
today's attempt to
First restore backup / mi7ROM_V1c /
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/120428/ScreenDump_2012-01-28_02_01_05_8570_du_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Second update / update i8700xxlb2_fw 12.12.2 For Each mi7ROM /
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/120428/ScreenDump_2012-53-28_02_53_11_7150_du_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
Third MAGDLR reinstall / MAGDLDR_2.00 /
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/view/120428/ScreenDump_2012-58-28_04_58_20_1330_du_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

magdlr change the bootloader

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009

ah, yes o.k. after re-install MAGDLR, MAGDLR change the bootloader to the old, before update. tnx for you infos, very good support, my friend!

Reactions: MTom

narshorn

Nokia Drive named incorrectly

For some reasons I was able to install Nokia Drive app, download maps and use all the software for free, but I have one problem on device.

In the scrolling Programs list the app is titled uncorrectly. It classifies at "#" and should appear either at D "Drive" if we retain name of the program, or at N if we retain whole title "Nokia Drive".

Setting it as a Tile shows same erroneous title for the application.

I'm searching a way to modify this error in the registry.

As an old user of Windows Mobile I would search for a .lnk in

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\"):-File("Dummy.lnk","\Windows\Dummy.lnk")

and corresponding info at

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Dummy.lnk]
"Icon"="\\Windows\\Dummy.png"

But seems we're in a different game now :)

I attach pics of the problem. I hope mirolg can help fixing it :cool:

Best,

nAr

Attachments

• Applications.jpg
    Applications.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Pinned.jpg
    Pinned.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 48

contable

Oct 25, 2009
On my device the "Nokia Navigation" shows up correctly in the applist...

Maybe you don´t have the right xap. I will send you a pm....

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: mirolg and narshorn

Moukit

Apr 25, 2011
La Rochelle
...no problems with backup or update- i use a windows 7 32-bit system. If you afraid- you not need the update cab. the update has no special improvements or functions. only a new bootloader, but this is very unimportant.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bits. I had a message which say that updateWP has not the same version as Zune. So I download lastest updateWP (2345) and retry.

Backup is in progress. I will tell you when it's done ;)

PS: Sorry for my English... If you don't understand, say it to me, I will explain with another way

narshorn

I'm running Windows 7 64-bits. I had a message which say that updateWP has not the same version as Zune. So I download lastest updateWP (2345) and retry.

Backup is in progress. I will tell you when it's done ;)

PS: Sorry for my English... If you don't understand, say it to me, I will explain with another way

Don't worry, it's very clear !!! :cool:

Best,

nAr

Moukit

Apr 25, 2011
La Rochelle
It seems it works correctly. Back up takes about 2 or 3 min ... The install of the new FW takes about 40 min. You just have to wait ... :D

Best,

nAr

Yes but you don't have any indication, like for the backup ? For exemple, when the tool reboot the phone and when it's done, it indicate it to me. After backup, nothing... No percent of the update... It's normal ?

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Yes but you don't have any indication, like for the backup ? For exemple, when the tool reboot the phone and when it's done, it indicate it to me. After backup, nothing... No percent of the update... It's normal ?

the indicator are the dots. done when three lines full. guys you have to learn: be patient :)

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Okay :) . I never used the cab update tools. I prefere flash, flash and reflash :rolleyes:

So, I will update now :cool:

the cab update ability for custom ROMs is THE milestone on development! yes is boring to wait 40 min. but if your device is full set and customized and if you installed 80 apps :D is a better alternative as new flash. the updates, such over ZUNE takes the same loooong time .........

cheers and enjoy your mi7Rooooooooom :)

Last edited:

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
-actual ROM
ratethread.png
rating_5.png
5,0 by 30 votes
:) (highest omnia7 ROM vote)
icon14.gif

Last edited:

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
For some reasons I was able to install Nokia Drive app, download maps and use all the software for free, but I have one problem on device.

In the scrolling Programs list the app is titled uncorrectly. It classifies at "#" and should appear either at D "Drive" if we retain name of the program, or at N if we retain whole title "Nokia Drive".

Setting it as a Tile shows same erroneous title for the application.

I'm searching a way to modify this error in the registry.

As an old user of Windows Mobile I would search for a .lnk in

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\"):-File("Dummy.lnk","\Windows\Dummy.lnk")

and corresponding info at

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\Dummy.lnk]
"Icon"="\\Windows\\Dummy.png"

But seems we're in a different game now :)

I attach pics of the problem. I hope mirolg can help fixing it :cool:

Best,

nAr

you can correct it in the xap:

install 7zip programm, RightMouseButton on the xap, 7zip, second "open" from menu, then "zip" now you have open the xap as archive. dubble click on WMAppManifest.xml, search for "@Assets/i18/AppResLib.dll,-100" and rename it to "NOKIA Drive" and @Assets/i18/AppResLib.dll,-200, rename it to NOKIA Drive :)

Last edited:
Reactions: narshorn

Moukit

Apr 25, 2011
La Rochelle
the cab update ability for custom ROMs is THE milestone on development! yes is boring to wait 40 min. but i your device is full set and customized and if you installed 80 apps :D is a better alternative as new flash. the updates, such over ZUNE takes the same loooong time .........

cheers and enjoy your mi7Rooooooooom :)

I know but I never used it before and... I was lazy :rolleyes:

But it's done now ;) . Again, thank you for your perfect ROM !

I will vote five stairs :cool:

Reactions: mirolg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR THE USER THE NOT LIKE TO WAIT ON THE TANGO UPDATES CAB´s for mi7ROM

technicaly based on DFT Rainbow ROM / mi7ROM_1.1 latest 8773 tango build

Download folder omnia7 tango mi7ROMs -actual ROM
    ratethread.png
    rating_5.png
    with 5,0 by 32 votes
    :) (highest omnia7 ROM vote)

latest SAMSUNG firmware 12.12.2 cab update 25.04.2012

- 16 language relase firmware 11.9.4 (no full diagnosis function- but very good battery life)
    - 6 language relase firmware 11.9.4 (no full diagnosis function- but very good battery life)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - 16 language relase firmware 11.11.2 (latest FW with diagnosis function)
    - 6 language relase firmware 11.11.2 (latest FW with diagnosis function)

and a beautyful combi with [mi7SKIN] mirolg decent glass METRO skin

with secure certificates: contable_miro, xbmod, ceesheim, ultrashot for custom cab´s AND Microsoft, Samsung for official cab update over cab sender tool

INFO: after flash first start: it will display image linking phone and PC. wait few seconds it will reboot. then wait for few seconds on samsung logo-
    after first Samsung Bootlogo press and hold together camera button + Volume down + power button. then press windows button
    to erase the memory
    to prevent issues casued on fragmented memory after the flash prozess

- Step by step flash guide and read here if you have trouble to install it with a 64-bit dektop pc
    - please for feedbacks, positive also- and rate this ROM (it helps other user)

Info about update over cab sender

Glory/Credits / Many thanks to : If, PLEASE DONATE to this guys:

speciall BIG tnx ceesheim (tnx for his language package)

Cotulla, DFT Team, mwang
    Barin, AnDim, HD2Owner
    ultrashot
    YukiXDA, xboxmod
    and all other great xda developer
    AND contable for the beauty theme

technicaly based on first DFT freedom Samsung ROM but with following changes/ improvements:

oem driver and packages from samsung firmware

Firmware revision number: 2424.11.9.4 or 2424.11.11.2
    Hardware revision number: 3.15.0.4
    Radio software version: 2424.11.9.1
    Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.800

same features in all mi7ROM´s

- add new camera settings
    - cab sender support for official updates
    - with internetSharing function
    - all htc system dll´s and polices cooked in (TouchXperience/WPDM works on this ROM ) test by contable

preinstalled apps:
    - AdvancedConfig.xap
    - Nokia_maps_1.6.xap
    - Shutdown.xap
    - LG_ScanSearch.xap
    - WP7RootTools_09.xap
    - Screen capture.xap
    - quickMenu.xap
    - HTC Connection Network Profile, huge DB also for small carriers

- DiagnosisApp.xap
    - high fidelity position in settings
    - GSensorSwitch.xap in settings
    - remap Search key in settings
    - nokia sounds and themes htc, nokia ....
    - add again more themes and themes background

- the rest please download here (htc hub, bazaar and more) tnx htcfanboys browse direct with your IE mobile to install the xap)

16 languages Info: Camera settings for 6 main languages present and other in 0409 us engl.
    6 languages

Spanish
    French
    German
    Englisch US
    Italian
    Englisch UK
    Czech
    Danish
    Finnish
    Hungarian
    Dutch
    Norwegian
    Polnish
    Russian
    Swedish
    Portuguese

the other will come as cab update, be patient .........

attachment.php

attachment.php
    SAMSUNG FirmWare 12.12.2

update i8700xxlb2_fw 12.12.2 for each mi7ROM.zip (omnia7)

I have test it on mi7ROMs with 11.9.4 and 11.11.2 Firmware and update works on both firmware
    update to latest officiall SAMSUNG FirmWare 12.12.2 for 8170 mango or 8773 tango mi7ROMs

Firmware: 2424.12.2.2
    Hardware: 3.15.0.4
    Radio software: 2424.11.9.1
    Radio hardware: 0.0.0.0
    Bootloader: 6.2.2.9

- the update cab is signed/modify by me: delete the included xap´s (this causes the update error- tnx cees for this tip :))
    - included in the zip folder is the cab sender tool. run the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat to start
    - press B for Backup before send cab (if you need you can restore the ROM)
    - update time ca. 40 minutes

- after this update you get a new bootloader 6.2.2.9 and you need to install MAGDLR again

- if you lost the lockscreen times 15, 30 min, never install wphTweaks.xap and select the tweak (pls do not use the 32-bit tweak= red screen and different bugs)

with this update i have change the mobile operator to 000-00. reason for it = you get no zune update info! If come a new update SAMSUNG/MS i will modify/signing the cab and upload it in the ROM thread

credits/thanks to:
    -
    BombeXIII for update info :)
    - xtremenet for cab upload :)
    - ceesheim generally for all the good work and support :cool:
    @Miro:

Can you send self-taken videos via mms with the latest V1c Tango rom ?

I can´t....

Maybe it´s caused by the camera .dll I took from the Mango rom...

All the Tango ROM's have MMS video problems. So don't worry you didn't break anything.
    download link 6 main languages (will comes and thats it for next months and wp8
    biggrin.gif
    )

- pls still not forget to this mi7ROM :) Really grateful for the other user ......
    No problem...... manually remove :)

sorry, i have uploaded the wrong rom. will new upload (without the both apps)