Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,631 Members 50,907 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia PLAY R800x Verizon Update Coming April 30th, 67mb

Tip us?

Insane PPC
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
well so now all i can hope is it is at least 2.3.4, please so i can get some new features...probably just eat the cost to get boot loader unlocked and be done with it all

agraceful
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Verizon doesn't test ANY firmware. It's all Sony. So it has nothing to do with verizon being horrible at OTA's (which they are) but Sony has already said NO ICS WILL BE AN OTA. So it won't be ics, ics will hit in summer. Verzion just makes it VERY difficult for companies that's all lol. And being that the playstation crap for devs is already available from ps it won't be verizon pushing it because there is no "general public" version, just for developers. It will more then likely be 2.3.4 until ics hits. There is already a beta for ics for cdma users just not in the wild
Modified cm7 for cdma & gapps
---------------------
Flashtool for all OS AND Verizon Ftfs
---------------------

ozzmanj1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful View Post
Verizon doesn't test ANY firmware. It's all Sony. So it has nothing to do with verizon being horrible at OTA's (which they are) but Sony has already said NO ICS WILL BE AN OTA. So it won't be ics, ics will hit in summer. Verzion just makes it VERY difficult for companies that's all lol. And being that the playstation crap for devs is already available from ps it won't be verizon pushing it because there is no "general public" version, just for developers. It will more then likely be 2.3.4 until ics hits. There is already a beta for ics for cdma users just not in the wild

On the ICS for CDMA, just wondering where you heard that from? Also as Verizon bootloaders cannot be unlocked via Sony's website, other then going through the usual XDA members to unlock BL how would a CDMA ICS beta be flashed? Just some thoughts...

LegionTHEFecalExcretion
Old
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful View Post
Verizon doesn't test ANY firmware. It's all Sony.
Not to be rude or anything, but that isn't true. I can tell you from firsthand experience.

Not that it detracts from your argument, just thought I'd point that out.

216Monster
Old
(Last edited by 216Monster; 28th April 2012 at 12:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 314
Verizon is the number one reason their phones arent always running the latest firmwares. It was kinda clear from the info posted that this wouldn't be ICS IMO (which my opinion usually doesn't mean anything anyway ) If you look at all of the models they carry that are not "supposed" to get ICS, that have "better specs" then our Plays, it was clear to me .... and Verizon didnt care much about the Xperia Play either though, they were to busy selling iphones , and if you look at their sales, they have sold more iphones in recent quarters then all of their android models combined (but could be due to the fact that they didnt carry the iphone before anyway, random I know). I would hope they drop 2.3.4 on the Play, it would be long over due and still partly outdated (like most of their updates) I for one dont care if they officially make 2.3.4 though, I would much rather have a newer baseband that worked with the Uk 2.3.4 systems because (and here comes another IMO) but screw Verizon firmware. . .
~ Verizon Droid MAXX BL Unlocked ~
~ Sony Ericsson Xperia Play R800at ~

Selim873
Old
Thanks Meter 63
An update is still an update.
Devices
Primary: Apple iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1 Jailbroken)
Secondary/Backup: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (P.A.C.man JellyBean)
Older/Backup: LG Vortex (CyanogenMod 10)

netizenmt
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selim873 View Post
An update is still an update.
And a BAD update is worse than no update at all.
NetizenMT - Rocking the 'Net since 1986 and STILL a N00b!

Motorola Droid Razr M - Now Deceased.
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8

Replacement Razr M
Android Jellybean 4.2
Locked Bootloader
Fully Stock

Snow755
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i think it will be android 2.3.7

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyan...rc1-is-upon-us

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow755 View Post
I'm pretty sure Verizon wants nothing to do with CyanogenMod.

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psxpetey
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Ics is not updating ota lol

Sent from my R800a using XDA
Rooting your tab? terminal not popping up? try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010074