No registration required

Xperia PLAY R800x Verizon Update Coming April 30th, 67mb

OP ozzmanj1

27th April 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #51  
Flag Granite Falls, NC
Thanks Meter: 38

218 posts
Donate to Me
well so now all i can hope is it is at least 2.3.4, please so i can get some new features...probably just eat the cost to get boot loader unlocked and be done with it all
27th April 2012, 10:09 PM   |  #52  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 170

489 posts
More
Verizon doesn't test ANY firmware. It's all Sony. So it has nothing to do with verizon being horrible at OTA's (which they are) but Sony has already said NO ICS WILL BE AN OTA. So it won't be ics, ics will hit in summer. Verzion just makes it VERY difficult for companies that's all lol. And being that the playstation crap for devs is already available from ps it won't be verizon pushing it because there is no "general public" version, just for developers. It will more then likely be 2.3.4 until ics hits. There is already a beta for ics for cdma users just not in the wild
27th April 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #53  
OP Senior Member
Flag Utah - Somewhere in the Great Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 1,539

3,633 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful

Verizon doesn't test ANY firmware. It's all Sony. So it has nothing to do with verizon being horrible at OTA's (which they are) but Sony has already said NO ICS WILL BE AN OTA. So it won't be ics, ics will hit in summer. Verzion just makes it VERY difficult for companies that's all lol. And being that the playstation crap for devs is already available from ps it won't be verizon pushing it because there is no "general public" version, just for developers. It will more then likely be 2.3.4 until ics hits. There is already a beta for ics for cdma users just not in the wild

On the ICS for CDMA, just wondering where you heard that from? Also as Verizon bootloaders cannot be unlocked via Sony's website, other then going through the usual XDA members to unlock BL how would a CDMA ICS beta be flashed? Just some thoughts...
28th April 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 485

1,061 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agraceful

Verizon doesn't test ANY firmware. It's all Sony.

Not to be rude or anything, but that isn't true. I can tell you from firsthand experience.

Not that it detracts from your argument, just thought I'd point that out.
28th April 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #55  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 334

1,164 posts
More
Verizon is the number one reason their phones arent always running the latest firmwares. It was kinda clear from the info posted that this wouldn't be ICS IMO (which my opinion usually doesn't mean anything anyway ) If you look at all of the models they carry that are not "supposed" to get ICS, that have "better specs" then our Plays, it was clear to me .... and Verizon didnt care much about the Xperia Play either though, they were to busy selling iphones , and if you look at their sales, they have sold more iphones in recent quarters then all of their android models combined (but could be due to the fact that they didnt carry the iphone before anyway, random I know). I would hope they drop 2.3.4 on the Play, it would be long over due and still partly outdated (like most of their updates) I for one dont care if they officially make 2.3.4 though, I would much rather have a newer baseband that worked with the Uk 2.3.4 systems because (and here comes another IMO) but screw Verizon firmware. . .
Last edited by 216Monster; 28th April 2012 at 01:47 AM.
28th April 2012, 04:12 AM   |  #56  
Flag Ashville, OH
Thanks Meter: 66

447 posts
More
An update is still an update.
28th April 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selim873

An update is still an update.

And a BAD update is worse than no update at all.
28th April 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 5

126 posts
i think it will be android 2.3.7

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyan...rc1-is-upon-us
28th April 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #59  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,507

2,036 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow755

i think it will be android 2.3.7

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyan...rc1-is-upon-us

I'm pretty sure Verizon wants nothing to do with CyanogenMod.

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 87

1,002 posts
Ics is not updating ota lol

Sent from my R800a using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread