App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Bionic ROMS?

13th April 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 3

178 posts
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to papasmurph For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 11:55 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Donate to Me
I have been running a 4.0.3 rom from Gummy, the "Spearmint" version i think. the data is about 90% reliable, but the wifi to Verizon hand off sucks. the rom itself is about what i expect from the various roms out there. i have not tried the front cam, but my big thing is ICS has no HDMI support on the Bionic... so no mirror or Webtop...
22nd April 2012, 12:58 AM   |  #23  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 222

994 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale_Flyer

I have been running a 4.0.3 rom from Gummy, the "Spearmint" version i think. the data is about 90% reliable, but the wifi to Verizon hand off sucks. the rom itself is about what i expect from the various roms out there. i have not tried the front cam, but my big thing is ICS has no HDMI support on the Bionic... so no mirror or Webtop...

I tried Spearmint Gummy this afternoon. Both cams worked but were extremely laggy. And my home button didn't work. Very weird.

I just went back to stock MOTOBLUR and kept root. It grew on me. Lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
26th April 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 11

50 posts
throwing in my support for Eclipse 2.2
this is a super stable and fast rom - everything works. I never have FC's. the battery life is outstanding.
True, nitro is not updating presently. But it is unnecessary, as it is truly excellent as is.
28th April 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #25  
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 101

576 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesDrew

I tried Spearmint Gummy this afternoon. Both cams worked but were extremely laggy. And my home button didn't work. Very weird.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Did you flash gapps after flashing the ROM? (not sure if that s required with Spearmint) I forgot to do that and my home button didn't work. Reflashed the ROM, then gapps ... everything worked great after that.

I've only had the Bionic for a day and I'm loving Gummy's ROM ... I have no interest in using HDMI or Video Recording, so this works great for me.
28th April 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #26  
Account currently disabled
Flag Bloomfield Hills
Thanks Meter: 632

238 posts
Donate to Me
More
The only stable Rom that has good battery data video and gaming that works with 902 is Eclipse 2.2 ... I use safe strap and that is on my unsafe side... My favorite ics Rom is DTheory's AOKP axi0m which I keep on the safe side but I now use it as my daily driver so I wouldn't be afraid to use bootstrap with it... The 3-20 build has had proven to have the most reliable data for me, Gapps are built in and the rom already has some solid themes built for it... (hashcode, Dhacker and co seem to all be sharing the major fixes with all the ics devs so all the ics roms have the same issues minus nightly updates)

Sent from my Axi0med out Bionic
28th April 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 87

1,242 posts
AXI0M is more stable than Gummy?
30th April 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #28  
Flag Myrtle Beach, SC , USA
Thanks Meter: 102

828 posts
More
Eclipse all the way. Even Nitro's last build is based on .902 and is very stable. I run it daily.
31st May 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #29  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 240

1,224 posts
More
I had major issues with Eclipse as well, even after FRX'ing to 5.9.902,then upgrading to .905. This is the best ICS rom out right now (believe me, I've tried them all over and over again hoping they'd work like this one):

http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/tar...-20_SIGNED.zip

No data issues. CM9 is second best if you want 8mp images (instead of 5mp) and are OK rebooting daily and toggling data once every 3 days or so.
1st June 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #30  
Flag Corpus Christi
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
More
I have been running Eclipse 2.2 since it was released. I have not had one issue, Other than I might have to restart it once every month or two. Zakkyzombie, for me when I hold down the power button I get the shutdown options prompt.

/shrug

What other issues have others ran into with it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread