FORUMS

AOKP ICS, GSM network, Sms doesnt work ?

47 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By tinhduong, Member on 27th April 2012, 03:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,
I have a problem when using rom AOKP, ICS, that is sms not worked. I can call, receive call, but cant send and receive sms.
Any one got this problem, too ?
The Following User Says Thank You to tinhduong For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th April 2012, 05:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Which ROM are you running? It would be better to go to the thread in the ROM Development section here for the ROM you are running for help.

EDIT: Is this the ROM you are running?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1478117
28th April 2012, 01:30 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Hŕ Nội

More
yes, this rom.
XDA forum doesn't allow newbie ( with < 10 post ) to join and discuss in android development section
28th April 2012, 01:53 PM |#4  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,896

More
You may need to double-check your SMSC (SMS Centre) number is correct for your carrier. I had the same issue on my Incredible 2 after flashing a non-GSM ROM, then flashing back to a stock-based, GSM-supported version.

To do this, find out the SMSC number for your carrier. Then dial *#*#4636#*#* and, at the menu, select 'Phone Info'. Scroll down until you see the 'SMSC' field, enter the number and hit 'update'.

Reboot your phone. This should be all that is required to fix your issue

Thanks for asking your question in the Q&A section. I know it can be frustrating because you're unable to post in the actual Development thread, but you asked your question in the right place, and for that I thank you

Let me know if you need something further!
The Following User Says Thank You to juzz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 05:01 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Hŕ Nội

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzz86

You may need to double-check your SMSC (SMS Centre) number is correct for your carrier. I had the same issue on my Incredible 2 after flashing a non-GSM ROM, then flashing back to a stock-based, GSM-supported version.

To do this, find out the SMSC number for your carrier. Then dial *#*#4636#*#* and, at the menu, select 'Phone Info'. Scroll down until you see the 'SMSC' field, enter the number and hit 'update'.

Reboot your phone. This should be all that is required to fix your issue

Thanks for asking your question in the Q&A section. I know it can be frustrating because you're unable to post in the actual Development thread, but you asked your question in the right place, and for that I thank you

Let me know if you need something further!

Thank you, I will try to reflash AOKP Rom and follow your guide
----------------------------------------------------------------
Edited :After reflash rom ( Both AOKP and Vivow milestone, my sms doesnt work, too. Have changed the SMSC, but it not work... )
Just come back to stock rom.
Last edited by tinhduong; 29th April 2012 at 07:13 PM.
26th December 2012, 03:25 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhduong

Thank you, I will try to reflash AOKP Rom and follow your guide
----------------------------------------------------------------
Edited :After reflash rom ( Both AOKP and Vivow milestone, my sms doesnt work, too. Have changed the SMSC, but it not work... )
Just come back to stock rom.

i'm so new at this.. but i wish someone had said that after you hit *#*#4636#*#* to wait a bit before the phone info screan appeared.. haha been driving me crazy all day!!! i had a blonde moment.. thanks for all the info though
14th May 2013, 07:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
SOLUTION http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=21489827
15th May 2013, 06:57 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Data
OP and everybody else, are you guys able to get your data working with GSM? Mine can't and it's been driving me nuts lately
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)