Droid 3 4.0.x ROM Comparisons and Other Assorted Goodies [UPDATED w/ ratings]

OP jjhiza

28th April 2012, 08:58 AM   |  #11  
Flag Roseville
Thanks Meter: 13

105 posts
More
Thank you

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

also first! lol
The Following User Says Thank You to jellman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
What about the SELFKANG ROM?

Sent from my XT862 using XDA
28th April 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #13  
Flag Tacoma, Wa
Thanks Meter: 43

144 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisonics1

What about the SELFKANG ROM?

Sent from my XT862 using XDA

SELFKANG, I believe, is CM9.

EDIT: Love what your doing with this thread. Its fantastic, and I enjoyed reading what you have so far.

What are your screen brightness settings at for these tests? Auto would of course skew the results... I have noticed it seems like different roms have different stock brightness. I am a scientific person, but I am not super knowledgeable about Android, so excuse me if this is a stupid question!
Last edited by The_Joe; 28th April 2012 at 02:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #14  
Flag Phila
Thanks Meter: 231

1,274 posts
More
Well deserved thanks to all your posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to rquinn19 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dirty Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,635

3,028 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Joe

SELFKANG, I believe, is CM9.

EDIT: Love what your doing with this thread. Its fantastic, and I enjoyed reading what you have so far.

What are your screen brightness settings at for these tests? Auto would of course skew the results... I have noticed it seems like different roms have different stock brightness. I am a scientific person, but I am not super knowledgeable about Android, so excuse me if this is a stupid question!

Not a stupid question at all. I was halfway through my first ROM test, before I thought of the auto brightness issue. I turn auto off, and set it at 50% brightness. I'll add that note to the OP...thank you for bringing it up.

And yes, CM9 is Selfkang; I was in a bit of a rush to get the thread up, and didn't label every ROM with the correct title. I'll get on it today, so there's no confusion moving forward.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium
28th April 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dirty Jersey

3,028 posts
More
Launcher Review???
Quick question guys... would you like me to add an ICS Launchers review to the first page? I'd cover the three major ones - Nova, Apex, and Trebuchet - but I have to warn everyone... I'm partial to Nova, since I've paid for Prime, and have been part of the private beta team for quite a while. I also have no intention of purchasing another launcher, so any additional features that Apex may include in a paid version, would not be reviewed. I think, at this point, that many of us have settled on a launcher already, but some people may find a review (other than those on the Play Store) helpful. Let me know what you think...thanks guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to jjhiza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 25

248 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhiza

Quick question guys... would you like me to add an ICS Launchers review to the first page? I'd cover the three major ones - Nova, Apex, and Trebuchet - but I have to warn everyone... I'm partial to Nova, since I've paid for Prime, and have been part of the private beta team for quite a while. I also have no intention of purchasing another launcher, so any additional features that Apex may include in a paid version, would not be reviewed. I think, at this point, that many of us have settled on a launcher already, but some people may find a review (other than those on the Play Store) helpful. Let me know what you think...thanks guys.

Love the thread. I would definitely appreciate a launcher review. I've been switching between Nova and Apex (Apex because they give free evaluation license to those who download the beta builds). I'm just looking for the stablest and quickest one
The Following User Says Thank You to slayer621 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 12:35 AM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dirty Jersey

3,028 posts
More
Really weird side note... in searching for app png files on Google Play, I noticed that you can now purchase a GSM Galaxy Nexus on there?! WTF is happening here?! It's really a sweet idea, but it's only available in the US at the moment...a market that's dominated by CDMA networks. Launching this option in Europe first sounds like it would have been a better business decision... just a thought.
29th April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #19  
Flag Christiansburg
Thanks Meter: 121

455 posts
More
Love the thread. Great time and effort has been put into this thread without a doubt. I left the links up for you to test my rom in the thread. I think.

--Sam

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to droidian1441 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dirty Jersey

3,028 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidian1441

Love the thread. Great time and effort has been put into this thread without a doubt. I left the links up for you to test my rom in the thread. I think.

--Sam

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for stopping bye man! I really appreciate any and all dev support I can get! I've got the Advanced Beta #1 downloaded and ready for testing, just as soon as I complete the Gummy tests.

My hope is (along with helping end users make a decision) that developers like yourself, can take a peak at where your ROMs are performing well or where they're performing poorly, and adjust things accordingly. I think that giving and receiving feedback from devs is vital...otherwise, you guys never know what people really like, and what issues people are running into.

I'm also attempting to take a little bit of work off your hands, by answering the more general questions here; questions like how to flash, which recovery to use, keyboard backlight issues, and whether a ROM is also made for GSM or not, are all things I can handle here, so devs can focus on more important things. Feel free to think of this as a User Forum (like the CM9 thread) for all users, and you can send people here for the more general information and troubleshooting.

Thanks again for stopping bye, and keep up the great work!

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to jjhiza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread