Post Reply

Sony SmartWatch Impressions?

28th April 2012, 01:31 PM   |  #51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
I'm very excited over products like this and the Google glasses can't wait to see what the next leap in tech brings
28th April 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #52  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Hello. i again have developed a bit.

I am not sure if the mail notifier does work now for everyone.
For me it worked already before on my actual device and in the emulator.
But still i changed a bit what i have forgot in the mail library.
smartwatchmailnotifier.apk

and i have developed a GPS Map Application:
SmartwatchMap.apk

I was not able to use the google maps api inside of an smartwatch app so i needed to make it different.

it uses now openstreetmap.

It does not have an own icon at the moment.

If you do not enable gps on your phone it should use your network location which is not really exact.
It keeps your WatchScreen enabled and might eat much battery for your phone and watch.

Please remember: everything is still in beta. So sorry about bugs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beowulf6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #53  
Senior Member
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 104
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf6

Hello. i again have developed a bit.

I am not sure if the mail notifier does work now for everyone.
For me it worked already before on my actual device and in the emulator.
But still i changed a bit what i have forgot in the mail library.
smartwatchmailnotifier.apk

and i have developed a GPS Map Application:
SmartwatchMap.apk

I was not able to use the google maps api inside of an smartwatch app so i needed to make it different.

it uses now openstreetmap.

It does not have an own icon at the moment.

If you do not enable gps on your phone it should use your network location which is not really exact.
It keeps your WatchScreen enabled and might eat much battery for your phone and watch.

Please remember: everything is still in beta. So sorry about bugs.

omg i love youuuuu!!

i know its still in beta but cant wait for you to have it show your location faster and smoothly !!!
29th April 2012, 02:07 AM   |  #54  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mety333

omg i love youuuuu!!

i know its still in beta but cant wait for you to have it show your location faster and smoothly !!!

hi and Thanks.

i changed the refresh value to 1 second.
I don't think it is possible to make it really smooth this way.
But i will see if i can find another way to do it.

I don't feel comfortable to make the refresh rate too quick because of the access to the openstreetmap server even when i cache the accessed maptiles on my server.

oh i also made the centered icon where you are a bit smaller.
29th April 2012, 02:36 AM   |  #55  
sisqoboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
159 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
SmartWatch v1.1.57
has anyone a previous version app for SmartWatch?
SmartWatch v1.1.57 <-- this is not good for me.
because the latest version is not working on ICS on Ace s for me.

Thanks
29th April 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
i;ve never heard of the smart watch.. what is it?
29th April 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #57  
Senior Member
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 104
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf6

hi and Thanks.

i changed the refresh value to 1 second.
I don't think it is possible to make it really smooth this way.
But i will see if i can find another way to do it.

I don't feel comfortable to make the refresh rate too quick because of the access to the openstreetmap server even when i cache the accessed maptiles on my server.

oh i also made the centered icon where you are a bit smaller.

where can i download that new version?! [=

thanks you're awesome [=
29th April 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #58  
cruzzmz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 37
 
1,760 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf6

Hello. i again have developed a bit.

I am not sure if the mail notifier does work now for everyone.
For me it worked already before on my actual device and in the emulator.
But still i changed a bit what i have forgot in the mail library.
smartwatchmailnotifier.apk

im using exchange ... and seems like i cant use ur email notifier
anyway ill try on gmail or hotmail soon and report back here
29th April 2012, 10:37 AM   |  #59  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Hello.

Sorry for the confusion.. liinks are always the same.

Exchange servers should have imap support. It might be necessary to ask your server administrator to activate it.

If he does not want to activate it i might look into a way to fetch from activeSync if that is activated for you.
29th April 2012, 03:45 PM   |  #60  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Thx beo, i hope we will See more apps here in this thread!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sony Smartwatch by ThreadRank