Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

any screen protectors out?

Tip us?

Gam3r 4 Life
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy90 View Post
No offense intended, but "I am dissapoint" with the wet-type.

I tried a Skinomi and that was the worst experience ever (ok, well maybe second to a Zagg).

Trust me, the SGP protectors are worth every penny. Doesn't take too many wasted cheap ones to buy a perfect first time install, every time.

Just my two cents...

-Rob

Trust me I have EXTENSIVE experience with wet installs. No joke Ive installed 10 or more. Zaggs, Skinomi, Armor Shields. I also dont really like the rubbery feeling, but Id rather have that then a scratched screen. If this Xtremeguard doesnt work out for me Ill be getting the SGP based on everyones suggestions. Are the SGP type removable in case you install it and then notice some dust or something underneath?
1st Corinthians 10:13

My Phone: T-Mobile LG G3 32gb : Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2, TWRP

XDSaint
Old
(Last edited by XDSaint; 26th April 2012 at 08:01 AM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 2
Yup, it's removable with some scotch tape. Just lift a corner and use another piece to dab at the dust. I concure with all that have been said about SGP protectors, it's on all of my devices. I also got a chance to stop by today and can confirm that it's got a cutout for the 3G on the crystal as well. I do admit the wet installs are easier but all those protector feel rubbery to me.

Gam3r 4 Life
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3r 4 Life View Post
Ok after shopping awhile on Amazon I found a new screen protector. Didnt have any reviews so I read reviews of the same one for other devices and it sounds well worth a try. Its a wet install type but not the kind that you spray. All you do is put a few drops of dish soap in some water and use that on the SP to be able to position it, and get bubbles out. For $10 shipped its the best price Ive seen for this type. Ill post a review and pics when received and installed.
Update: Canceled the order for the Xtreme, and ordered a few of these. Will update with how these work out.
1st Corinthians 10:13

My Phone: T-Mobile LG G3 32gb : Stock Rooted KitKat 4.4.2, TWRP

orenxda
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Not 100% satisfied with my current brando antiglare sp (disturbing rainbow pixel effect on white of that kikassuperamoled display, and bad dust bubbles i must say), i'm going to remove it for that sgp ultra optics.
First, shipping to the other side of the globe usps 1st class mail intl took less than a week.
2nd i must admit the bundle is yet the best i've purchased, sure & i used many cheap ones for my gt-p1000 during 1.5 year.
The microfiber cloth is the size of the device and will be carried daily between screen and bookcase top to wipe fingerprints.
Ill share my thoughts after install
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335549737267.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1027752  

orenxda
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Perfect installation.
No tab 1 front tape, as mentioned in SGP online support, just the back tape to remove.
Clean hands (dishes soap), perfectly clean screen (monitor/tv meliconi spray/cloth) in steamed bathroom, i was amazed how easy it was. just position well, lead the sp with finger diagonal produced... Just no bubbles at all. And it's woth mentioning bc all other sps ive tried needed lots of annoying stick/unstick moves as small bubbles were formed laying the sp. Not there.
So i didn't need the bubble remover provided but used it to push on/finish edges even if looked no need for it.
Now the screen rendering: awesome. Sad to compare only with brando, but can it even be compared;pointing directly the screen on a light bulb is first shocking: produces a very cool kaleidoscope effect. The touch is smooth and finger slides gently on the screen. Closer an ear doing it, and listen to microparticles whisle! Really :)
Now white is white, no rainbow pixels even half an hour after intall.
The anti glare is not as bulk as and antiglare as a cheaper one. But does the job, beeing good balance between glass clear shine and antiglare, plus a nice kaleidoscope effect.

Just to share first impression & give a thank who advised that brand here.
I thought it was expensive, but now i think my previous 14$ one was, and s.amoleds worth it. Now you could aford that device, take big care & protect it soon as your unprotected screen may have micro scratches within a week as mine.
Now lets wait&see how long it lasts.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

rainey06au
Old
(Last edited by rainey06au; 28th April 2012 at 01:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I bought an EXiM SPOC for my HTC HD2 a couple of years ago. Its been absolutely invisible, bubble-free, yet to be scratched (either very resistant or I've been ultra careful) and has the same feel as the original glass, so I'm going to get one for my wife's brand new 7.7. I managed to get it on my phone perfectly first go using the side of a credit card, wonder how I'll go with something a bit bigger!

Would I be right to assume that the anti-glare protectors will generally produce the rainbow effect (which I've seen on my wife's Desire from a phone-shop dud-brand), whereas a clear protector will be reflective, but without any side-effects?
Telstra HTC HD2
Windows Mobile Rom = HyperROM Ultimate v15.0 WWE
Device Radio = 2.07.50.27_2
Device SPL = 2.08.HSPL3
Google Android Build = ShubCRAFT v1.5

eug
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey06au View Post
Would I be right to assume that the anti-glare protectors will generally produce the rainbow effect (which I've seen on my wife's Desire from a phone-shop dud-brand), whereas a clear protector will be reflective, but without any side-effects?
As mentioned previously (and in the post just above yours in fact , anti-glare screen protectors will generally produce the rainbow effect - EXCEPT the SGP Ultra Optics. No rainbow effect there.

There are also three types of clear protectors - wet-install, dry-install, and cheap crap.

The wet-install ones are tough but feel rubbery and not smooth. You can often see marks left behind by indents, like if you dug into it with your fingernail.

The dry-install clear ones are the ones that feel like glass. But only the good ones.

The cheap crap is just horrible. They're the $3 for 3 type deals you get on ebay, and come in both anti-glare and clear. They make the screen look bad, bubble up easily, and just don't last. Go for something like an SGP Ultra Crystal (it's a dry install type) if you want a good clear one.

Ernthelfer
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Finally, spigen sgp is ready to rumble.

A brand, which offers in my opinion the best quality and most beautiful products.

I've ordered today the nubuk leather case in brown. Got it for my Note, and it is outstanding:

http://www.spigen.com/tablets/samsun...en-series.html

Ordered as well the ultra crystal screen protector:

http://www.spigen.com/tablets/samsun...il-series.html

Greetings from Germany.

jonamafun
Old
Thanks Meter 20
So I put my SGP Ultra Optics on my 7.7 today and it is very nice. The comments above are pretty accurate.

I've always preferred matt screen protectors but detested the rainbow effect that many of them produce.

The Ultra Optics has none of the rainbow effect. But having said that, it is obviously not as clear as the Ultra Crystal - or any clear screen protector for that matter. On the flip side it is perhaps not as 'smooth' as say a PowerSupport matte protector for an iPhone. But still quite good none the less.

It is pretty much a hybrid clear/matte protector.

But for the added convenience of much less glare and reflections it's definitely worth it imo.

elglobie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Which 1 is the most matte, the ultra-optics or the ultra-crystal?