Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,157 Members 42,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advise For Selecting Phone!

Tip us?
 
.xxx.
Old
#1  
.xxx.'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 966
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Advise For Selecting Phone!

Can someone help me getting the best phone under 17,000 INR with good rom development support by xda developers ?
 
Mindfreak14
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 72
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Most major brand android phones ..hv plenty active threads on xda ..it just requires some searching search skills

Now wid ur budget best buy wud be Xperia Neo V ..its got Official ics update out alrdy
Bt if u like HTC sense & can extend ur budget a lil .. HTC one V wud be good buy ..

Check flipkart for user reviews and price range
Good luck

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
Pursuit Complete!! NeXus'ed
 
.xxx.
Old
#3  
.xxx.'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 966
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfreak14 View Post
Most major brand android phones ..hv plenty active threads on xda ..it just requires some searching search skills

Now wid ur budget best buy wud be Xperia Neo V ..its got Official ics update out alrdy
Bt if u like HTC sense & can extend ur budget a lil .. HTC one V wud be good buy ..

Check flipkart for user reviews and price range
Good luck

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for your help.. I had xperia neo v and xperia ray on mg mind though.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
 
.xxx.
Old
#4  
.xxx.'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 966
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Can there be any other phone that suites my budget ?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
 
3xeno
Old
#5  
3xeno's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1426
Posts: 3,563
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pune
Neo V is a de-facto standard for anything near 17-18K. I know quite a few of people who have gone for the Neo V

Other alternatives may be the Desire S which has a very good dev community but will be slightly overbudget (Although today's eBay deal of the day was the Desire S with Mfgr Warranty for 15K), and the Defy+, although Moto is very different to mod, compared to something like HTC. Its difficult to recommend the One V at this point of time, since no one knows how the dev community for this device will turn out to be.
LGE Google Nexus 4 16GB - AOSPA 4.0+
iPod Touch 3rd Gen - iOS 5.1.1 JB | B&N Nook Simple Touch - Stock
Device History -
Nokia 5110 >> Nokia 8310 >> Nokia N-Gage QD >> Nokia 6681 >> Nokia N82 >> Nokia 5320 XM >> HTC Wildfire >> Samsung Galaxy SII


 
.xxx.
Old
#6  
.xxx.'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 966
Posts: 1,566
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xeno View Post
Neo V is a de-facto standard for anything near 17-18K. I know quite a few of people who have gone for the Neo V

Other alternatives may be the Desire S which has a very good dev community but will be slightly overbudget (Although today's eBay deal of the day was the Desire S with Mfgr Warranty for 15K), and the Defy+, although Moto is very different to mod, compared to something like HTC. Its difficult to recommend the One V at this point of time, since no one knows how the dev community for this device will turn out to be.
Thanks for your help regarding it. I have purchased a lg optimus sol e730 which looked better than neo v for the same price.

Sent from my LG-E730 using xda premium
 
shanky76
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 24
Join Date: Feb 2013
Smile Which one should I bye

Suggest please ..

Can anyone help me Selecting a dual Sim phone out of these .

1. UMI X2
2 ONN Tiger V8
3. THL200.
4. Zopo C2 /C3
 
Pator57
Old
#8  
Pator57's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 295
Posts: 1,120
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanky76 View Post
Suggest please ..

Can anyone help me Selecting a dual Sim phone out of these .

1. UMI X2
2 ONN Tiger V8
3. THL200.
4. Zopo C2 /C3
The onn tiger v8 is the best.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium
 
dccafe
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by .xxx. View Post
Can someone help me getting the best phone under 17,000 INR with good rom development support by xda developers ?
Hi, Why not invest a little more to get a nexus 5 ?
 
pandaball
Old
#10  
pandaball's Avatar
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1618
Posts: 2,329
Join Date: Oct 2011
Please don't revive old threads. Closed

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes