FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

27th April 2012, 05:54 PM |#241  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,547
 
Donate to Me
More
Was trying to update our source and now I have two problems

When running: lunch ventana-eng
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):                                              
  File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 16, in <module>                       
    device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]                                   
ValueError: substring not found
when running "repo sync"
Code:
error: revision refs/heads/ics in CyanogenMod/android_device_dell_streak7 not found
 
 
27th April 2012, 09:26 PM |#242  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, CT
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giveen

Was trying to update our source and now I have two problems

When running: lunch ventana-eng

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):                                              
  File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 16, in <module>                       
    device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]                                   
ValueError: substring not found
when running "repo sync"
Code:
error: revision refs/heads/ics in CyanogenMod/android_device_dell_streak7 not found

In terms of the repo sync issue.

Show hidden files, then go to the root of your cm directory and go into the folder .repo and delete the local_manifest file.

This is there so repo can find the repository for the device tree, but since there is no ics branch for the streak7 (yet) it doesn't find it.

Make sure that you back up the streaks device tree before running sync again though, sometimes repo likes to delete invalid trees.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Actually I found a better soloution

Replace the contents of the local_manifest.xml file with this http://pastebin.com/kPYQ3jKB

Now syncs should pull in from your git repo
27th April 2012, 11:09 PM |#243  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,547
 
Donate to Me
More
Well, what I am trying to do is pull in all the other CM9 stuff, but without updating my build directory because they don't have build for it.

Removed local_manifest and now have this
"error: Cannot remove project "device/dell/streak7": uncommitted changes are present
commit changes, then run sync again
"
28th April 2012, 12:09 AM |#244  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, CT
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
I would rename the folder with a period in front of it (ie '.dell') then run sync. It should skip the hidden folder and move on

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 12:09 AM |#245  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, CT
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snargledorf

I would rename the folder with a period in front of it (ie '.dell') then run sync. It should skip the hidden folder and move on

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Then rename it back obviously :P

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 04:16 AM |#246  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,547
 
Donate to Me
More
update done....mostly

but still same error
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):                                              
  File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 16, in <module>                       
    device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]                                   
ValueError: substring not found
28th April 2012, 09:27 AM |#247  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Forgive me if its been asked; but has text/SMS been tried/tested at all..?
28th April 2012, 12:40 PM |#248  
snargledorf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, CT
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Think I found the problem with your build.

Here is the line from roomservice.pl
Code:
device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]
It's looking for an underscore in the product name in order to find the device name.

i.e. cm_streak7 or full_streak7

'ventana-eng' has no underscore thus why it is being thrown
28th April 2012, 01:48 PM |#249  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,547
 
Donate to Me
More
Hm, need to track down the right lines, and add "full_" in front of it and see if that helps.
1st May 2012, 02:21 PM |#250  
giveen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Caldwell, ID
Thanks Meter: 1,547
 
Donate to Me
More
snargledorf, thank you for all your hard work recently, you have made more strides than I have. Look forward to having you as part of the team.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes