FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

Bluetooth Car Stereo - JVC KDX50BT

305 posts
Thanks Meter: 106
 
By urinsane, Senior Member on 23rd March 2012, 04:47 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th April 2012, 10:44 PM |#51  
K.AuthoR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
There's a Best Buy near me that's about to close down.... might be time to scoop one of these up
 
 
27th April 2012, 11:08 PM |#52  
chrlswltrs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23
 
Donate to Me
More
Bought it at bestbuy today (I had reward certificates to use) and I got it installed. It actually does sound better over Bluetooth than my previous JVC that I replaced using the aux port!

Sent from my CM9 E4GT using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to chrlswltrs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 04:23 AM |#53  
K.AuthoR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
I went and picked one of these up today, holy balls, best purchase I've made in awhile. Super cheap, pretty easy installation, good stuff. I do have questions for anyone of you who's using this though.

What software version did yours come with? Mine says "USB 0201." Wondering if there's anything more up to date.

When I'm using Google Music, and I receive a text message / notification of any kind, my phone plays it through its speaker and then it echoes through the car audio. That's pretty ****ing annoying sometimes, and disabling the option of "msg notification" in the stereo's menu doesn't change it (I guess because it's on Android's end, not the stereo's). Anybody got a workaround for that?
28th April 2012, 05:34 AM |#54  
chrlswltrs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.AuthoR

I went and picked one of these up today, holy balls, best purchase I've made in awhile. Super cheap, pretty easy installation, good stuff. I do have questions for anyone of you who's using this though.

What software version did yours come with? Mine says "USB 0201." Wondering if there's anything more up to date.

When I'm using Google Music, and I receive a text message / notification of any kind, my phone plays it through its speaker and then it echoes through the car audio. That's pretty ****ing annoying sometimes, and disabling the option of "msg notification" in the stereo's menu doesn't change it (I guess because it's on Android's end, not the stereo's). Anybody got a workaround for that?

I don't know about a software update, but mine does the same thing. And, I agree, this thing is an awesome purchase for the price.

Sent from my CM9 E4GT using Tapatalk 2
28th April 2012, 05:40 AM |#55  
K.AuthoR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs

I don't know about a software update, but mine does the same thing. And, I agree, this thing is an awesome purchase for the price.

Sent from my CM9 E4GT using Tapatalk 2

Are you using Google Music? I'm going to try different apps tomorrow and see if any make a difference in that regard.

and I actually did find a software update, http://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/c..._download.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K.AuthoR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 02:06 PM |#56  
chrlswltrs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.AuthoR

Are you using Google Music? I'm going to try different apps tomorrow and see if any make a difference in that regard.

and I actually did find a software update, http://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/c..._download.html

I use slacker radio, and play music as a backup. I'll look at doing the software update also when I have time, I'm working all day today

Sent from my CM9 E4GT using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2012, 11:42 PM |#57  
dewey1973's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent, WA
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
I'm in for one! My current receiver's volume goes up no matter which way you turn the knob.
30th April 2012, 12:38 AM |#58  
chrlswltrs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23
 
Donate to Me
More
I just did the software update, really quick and easy to do. I'll report back if I notice any changes.

BTW, has anyone found a way to display the time when streaming over Bluetooth? That is the only thing that bugs me.

Sent from my CM9 E4GT using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 02:35 AM |#59  
coldblooded79's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs

I just did the software update, really quick and easy to do. I'll report back if I notice any changes.

BTW, has anyone found a way to display the time when streaming over Bluetooth? That is the only thing that bugs me.

Sent from my CM9 E4GT using Tapatalk 2

Just hit the DISP button above the front usb port.
30th April 2012, 03:18 AM |#60  
chrlswltrs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded79

Just hit the DISP button above the front usb port.

I tried that, it never displays the clock when I am using Bluetooth. If I change the input to FM it shows the clock, but I never listen to the radio


Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD
30th April 2012, 04:20 AM |#61  
K.AuthoR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Yeah, it doesn't seem to support rotating through different types of displays without hitting the button.

Semi bump, has anyone found a way to make it so while using bluetooth, the phone and speakers don't both play notifications? The echo is really annoying, and I'd like it to only play through one or the other instead of both.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes