Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,477 Members 40,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth Car Stereo - JVC KDX50BT

Tip us?

K.AuthoR
Old
Thanks Meter 19
There's a Best Buy near me that's about to close down.... might be time to scoop one of these up

chrlswltrs
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Bought it at bestbuy today (I had reward certificates to use) and I got it installed. It actually does sound better over Bluetooth than my previous JVC that I replaced using the aux port!

Sent from my CM9 E4GT using Tapatalk 2
Nexus4, PA 3.0 ROM

Cr-48 Laptop
Windows 7 netbook
iPad 2
The Following User Says Thank You to chrlswltrs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

K.AuthoR
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I went and picked one of these up today, holy balls, best purchase I've made in awhile. Super cheap, pretty easy installation, good stuff. I do have questions for anyone of you who's using this though.

What software version did yours come with? Mine says "USB 0201." Wondering if there's anything more up to date.

When I'm using Google Music, and I receive a text message / notification of any kind, my phone plays it through its speaker and then it echoes through the car audio. That's pretty ****ing annoying sometimes, and disabling the option of "msg notification" in the stereo's menu doesn't change it (I guess because it's on Android's end, not the stereo's). Anybody got a workaround for that?

chrlswltrs
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.AuthoR View Post
I went and picked one of these up today, holy balls, best purchase I've made in awhile. Super cheap, pretty easy installation, good stuff. I do have questions for anyone of you who's using this though.

What software version did yours come with? Mine says "USB 0201." Wondering if there's anything more up to date.

When I'm using Google Music, and I receive a text message / notification of any kind, my phone plays it through its speaker and then it echoes through the car audio. That's pretty ****ing annoying sometimes, and disabling the option of "msg notification" in the stereo's menu doesn't change it (I guess because it's on Android's end, not the stereo's). Anybody got a workaround for that?
I don't know about a software update, but mine does the same thing. And, I agree, this thing is an awesome purchase for the price.

Nexus4, PA 3.0 ROM

Cr-48 Laptop
Windows 7 netbook
iPad 2

K.AuthoR
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I don't know about a software update, but mine does the same thing. And, I agree, this thing is an awesome purchase for the price.

Are you using Google Music? I'm going to try different apps tomorrow and see if any make a difference in that regard.

and I actually did find a software update, http://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/c..._download.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K.AuthoR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrlswltrs
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.AuthoR View Post
Are you using Google Music? I'm going to try different apps tomorrow and see if any make a difference in that regard.

and I actually did find a software update, http://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/c..._download.html
I use slacker radio, and play music as a backup. I'll look at doing the software update also when I have time, I'm working all day today

Nexus4, PA 3.0 ROM

Cr-48 Laptop
Windows 7 netbook
iPad 2

dewey1973
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I'm in for one! My current receiver's volume goes up no matter which way you turn the knob.

chrlswltrs
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
I just did the software update, really quick and easy to do. I'll report back if I notice any changes.

BTW, has anyone found a way to display the time when streaming over Bluetooth? That is the only thing that bugs me.

Nexus4, PA 3.0 ROM

Cr-48 Laptop
Windows 7 netbook
iPad 2

coldblooded79
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I just did the software update, really quick and easy to do. I'll report back if I notice any changes.

BTW, has anyone found a way to display the time when streaming over Bluetooth? That is the only thing that bugs me.

Just hit the DISP button above the front usb port.

chrlswltrs
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded79 View Post
Just hit the DISP button above the front usb port.
I tried that, it never displays the clock when I am using Bluetooth. If I change the input to FM it shows the clock, but I never listen to the radio

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD
Nexus4, PA 3.0 ROM

Cr-48 Laptop
Windows 7 netbook
iPad 2