5,600,664 Members 36,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best Rom/ Ram

Tip us?

ben_2g0
Old
(Last edited by ben_2g0; 26th April 2012 at 11:01 PM.) Reason: Forgot another question
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Best Rom/ Ram

Hello Devs,

I am just new here. I have the YP-G70CWY-XXA GB version, it is on 2.3.5 and I want to update it to 2.3.6. My question is, What is the best version to install via Odin and will it work without updating the Kernel?

Another question is, is it possible to Ram swap with class 4 mSD on our units?

Last is, is it possible to unroot?

Thank you very much.

Chris4evernoob
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Just check out any rom that is compatible with your device (US/INTL). It all comes down to your personal decision.
What do you mean by ram swap? A micro sd is just extra storage.
As for unrooting, you have to see according to the rom you'll flash.

ben_2g0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4evernoob View Post
Just check out any rom that is compatible with your device (US/INTL). It all comes down to your personal decision.
What do you mean by ram swap? A micro sd is just extra storage.
As for unrooting, you have to see according to the rom you'll flash.

Sorry if I am mistaken. I am really new to Android and wants to learn it.

I just want to root it and change some scripts if possible and then unroot it. But if the tings that I am looking for are in one of the roms, might as well use that rom. Any Stock kernel around. I hold 2 versions of SGP. one with Button and the other has none. have soft B the none and now looking for solutions. It may just need a kernel reflashing.

Anyway, thank you for the reply and more power to the dev people like you.

Cheers!

theraf
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_2g0 View Post
Sorry if I am mistaken. I am really new to Android and wants to learn it.

I just want to root it and change some scripts if possible and then unroot it. But if the tings that I am looking for are in one of the roms, might as well use that rom. Any Stock kernel around. I hold 2 versions of SGP. one with Button and the other has none. have soft B the none and now looking for solutions. It may just need a kernel reflashing.

Anyway, thank you for the reply and more power to the dev people like you.

Cheers!
why do you care wether it's rooted or not? it makes no real difference, other than being able to access the root of your sgp...

ben_2g0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraf View Post
why do you care wether it's rooted or not? it makes no real difference, other than being able to access the root of your sgp...
I do care. I respect the hard work of dev techies. Root I need to insert series of scripts for my own use. Unfortunately, I found the scripts in pastebin. This unit will serve me as a remote for a server. comprende?

theraf
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
I do care. I respect the hard work of dev techies. Root I need to insert series of scripts for my own use. Unfortunately, I found the scripts in pastebin. This unit will serve me as a remote for a server. comprende?
You aren't causing damage to anyone or anything by rooting, just giving yourself more freedom

ben_2g0
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraf View Post
You aren't causing damage to anyone or anything by rooting, just giving yourself more freedom
Just stock is enough. I will use it to control and monitor AIX servers coupled with AS based systems. Due to my job, I wont take the risk staying rooted. besides, I just want it stock/ I got ADB running on one AIX system to dev. so, I have my reasons and you have yours I am sure. It is just a job for me.

theraf
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Just stock is enough. I will use it to control and monitor AIX servers coupled with AS based systems. Due to my job, I wont take the risk staying rooted. besides, I just want it stock/ I got ADB running on one AIX system to dev. so, I have my reasons and you have yours I am sure. It is just a job for me.
just flash this rom, it has a custom kernel and it's stock with root enabled.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1446774

CreekDirt
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Hello Devs,

I am just new here. I have the YP-G70CWY-XXA GB version, it is on 2.3.5 and I want to update it to 2.3.6. My question is, What is the best version to install via Odin and will it work without updating the Kernel?

Another question is, is it possible to Ram swap with class 4 mSD on our units?

Last is, is it possible to unroot?

Thank you very much.
Yes, it is possible to swap card spaces. I have a 64gb that I want to try it with, but first I have to figure out how to root and rom my Player 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to CreekDirt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chris4evernoob
Old
Thanks Meter 23
OK you want to swap your micro sd card with another. Of course it's possible. It's just external storage. I never tried with a 64gig card but in the accessories forum other members said it works for them.