Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Best Rom/ Ram

OP ben_2g0

26th April 2012, 11:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
Hello Devs,

I am just new here. I have the YP-G70CWY-XXA GB version, it is on 2.3.5 and I want to update it to 2.3.6. My question is, What is the best version to install via Odin and will it work without updating the Kernel?

Another question is, is it possible to Ram swap with class 4 mSD on our units?

Last is, is it possible to unroot?

Thank you very much.
Last edited by ben_2g0; 27th April 2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Forgot another question
27th April 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Réunion Island, Saint-Denis
Thanks Meter: 25

177 posts
More
Just check out any rom that is compatible with your device (US/INTL). It all comes down to your personal decision.
What do you mean by ram swap? A micro sd is just extra storage.
As for unrooting, you have to see according to the rom you'll flash.
27th April 2012, 06:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4evernoob

Just check out any rom that is compatible with your device (US/INTL). It all comes down to your personal decision.
What do you mean by ram swap? A micro sd is just extra storage.
As for unrooting, you have to see according to the rom you'll flash.

Sorry if I am mistaken. I am really new to Android and wants to learn it.

I just want to root it and change some scripts if possible and then unroot it. But if the tings that I am looking for are in one of the roms, might as well use that rom. Any Stock kernel around. I hold 2 versions of SGP. one with Button and the other has none. have soft B the none and now looking for solutions. It may just need a kernel reflashing.

Anyway, thank you for the reply and more power to the dev people like you.

Cheers!
27th April 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 99

261 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_2g0

Sorry if I am mistaken. I am really new to Android and wants to learn it.

I just want to root it and change some scripts if possible and then unroot it. But if the tings that I am looking for are in one of the roms, might as well use that rom. Any Stock kernel around. I hold 2 versions of SGP. one with Button and the other has none. have soft B the none and now looking for solutions. It may just need a kernel reflashing.

Anyway, thank you for the reply and more power to the dev people like you.

Cheers!

why do you care wether it's rooted or not? it makes no real difference, other than being able to access the root of your sgp...
28th April 2012, 06:09 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraf

why do you care wether it's rooted or not? it makes no real difference, other than being able to access the root of your sgp...

I do care. I respect the hard work of dev techies. Root I need to insert series of scripts for my own use. Unfortunately, I found the scripts in pastebin. This unit will serve me as a remote for a server. comprende?
28th April 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #6  

261 posts
Quote:

I do care. I respect the hard work of dev techies. Root I need to insert series of scripts for my own use. Unfortunately, I found the scripts in pastebin. This unit will serve me as a remote for a server. comprende?

You aren't causing damage to anyone or anything by rooting, just giving yourself more freedom
28th April 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraf

You aren't causing damage to anyone or anything by rooting, just giving yourself more freedom

Just stock is enough. I will use it to control and monitor AIX servers coupled with AS based systems. Due to my job, I wont take the risk staying rooted. besides, I just want it stock/ I got ADB running on one AIX system to dev. so, I have my reasons and you have yours I am sure. It is just a job for me.
28th April 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #8  

261 posts
Quote:

Just stock is enough. I will use it to control and monitor AIX servers coupled with AS based systems. Due to my job, I wont take the risk staying rooted. besides, I just want it stock/ I got ADB running on one AIX system to dev. so, I have my reasons and you have yours I am sure. It is just a job for me.

just flash this rom, it has a custom kernel and it's stock with root enabled.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1446774
28th April 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 58

385 posts
More
Quote:

Hello Devs,

I am just new here. I have the YP-G70CWY-XXA GB version, it is on 2.3.5 and I want to update it to 2.3.6. My question is, What is the best version to install via Odin and will it work without updating the Kernel?

Another question is, is it possible to Ram swap with class 4 mSD on our units?

Last is, is it possible to unroot?

Thank you very much.

Yes, it is possible to swap card spaces. I have a 64gb that I want to try it with, but first I have to figure out how to root and rom my Player 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to CreekDirt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #10  
Flag Réunion Island, Saint-Denis
Thanks Meter: 25

177 posts
More
OK you want to swap your micro sd card with another. Of course it's possible. It's just external storage. I never tried with a 64gig card but in the accessories forum other members said it works for them.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread