Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Incall sound problem

Tip us?

nagash91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Question [Q] Incall sound problem

I have this problem with all rom that I tried (virtuous sense, cm7, elitemod, desire gingerbread, android revolution HD 7.0.2, MIUI.. etc..).

The problem: incall audio quality is poor, sometimes scratchy, and the receiver also hear my voice with poor and scratchy quality by comparing it to any other mobile phone.

I tried to flash another radio. I used the last radio and the original desire z radio, but the result is the same.

the hateful thing is that with my old phone (htc g1) the voice quality is muuuuuch better! (for both the people on the phone conversation).

Do you think is a problem of my Desire Z or is general problem?
Do you think is an hardware or software problem?

the audio quality is the first important feature for a phone
thanks in advance
Device: Motorola Photon Q -> sim soldered, HTC Desire Z (dead -> repaired), HTC G1 (touch screen dead)
(I'm a phone killer )

Give a look to my ROM for dz/g2: LigthSense 1.2
big or small font size on your rom/terminal? Try my app, it works with GB, ICS and JB!! Font Size Editor

PNuT.
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagash91 View Post
I have this problem with all rom that I tried (virtuous sense, cm7, elitemod, desire gingerbread, android revolution HD 7.0.2, MIUI.. etc..).

The problem: incall audio quality is poor, sometimes scratchy, and the receiver also hear my voice with poor and scratchy quality by comparing it to any other mobile phone.

I tried to flash another radio. I used the last radio and the original desire z radio, but the result is the same.

the hateful thing is that with my old phone (htc g1) the voice quality is muuuuuch better! (for both the people on the phone conversation).

Do you think is a problem of my Desire Z or is general problem?
Do you think is an hardware or software problem?

the audio quality is the first important feature for a phone
thanks in advance
mine is also poor & has been from day one.... my previous fone(nokia e71) was 10 times better than this one

nagash91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT. View Post
mine is also poor & has been from day one.... my previous fone(nokia e71) was 10 times better than this one
the strange thing is that with other programs like skipe, incall audio is perpfect!!
So the problem is not speaker, but probably the radio hardware or software..
Device: Motorola Photon Q -> sim soldered, HTC Desire Z (dead -> repaired), HTC G1 (touch screen dead)
(I'm a phone killer )

big or small font size on your rom/terminal? Try my app, it works with GB, ICS and JB!! Font Size Editor
The Following User Says Thank You to nagash91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PNuT.
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagash91 View Post
the strange thing is that with other programs like skipe, incall audio is perpfect!!
So the problem is not speaker, but probably the radio hardware or software..

i have flashed a few radios in the last couple of days & its much improved

nagash91
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT. View Post
i have flashed a few radios in the last couple of days & its much improved
What radio are you using now?
I am on european (italian) desire Z, and I have 26.10.04.03_M
I have used the lastest radio before this, but same issue.
Do you change also ril files?
(I'm a phone killer )