Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Safe mode in stock roms.

OP pritrixda

23rd April 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #1  
pritrixda's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 37
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Did you know that there is a safe mode in our OB, i don't know why its needed but i guess if you have installed an app which has caused your phone to crash you don't need to wipe everything and install the rom again, you can just boot into safe mode and uninstall the faulty app and reboot your phone into normal mode.
none of the user installed apps show up in the safe mode, just the stock apps LG pre-installed.

When turning on your phone keep pressing the G-button and you will boot into safe mode.

Hit the thanks button if i helped in any way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pritrixda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #2  
andreas0013's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritrixda

Did you know that there is a safe mode in our OB, i don't know why its needed but i guess if you have installed an app which has caused your phone to crash you don't need to wipe everything and install the rom again, you can just boot into safe mode and uninstall the faulty app and reboot your phone into normal mode.
none of the user installed apps show up in the safe mode, just the stock apps LG pre-installed.

When turning on your phone keep pressing the G-button and you will boot into safe mode.

Hit the thanks button if i helped in any way.

I guess you are talking about recovery mode?

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to andreas0013 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #3  
pritrixda's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 37
 
48 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas0013

I guess you are talking about recovery mode?

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

Not really! I said the safe mode not the recovery mode. Plus the OB has no key combo to enter into recovery mode.
23rd April 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Vacoas
Thanks Meter: 276
 
1,222 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pritrixda

Not really! I said the safe mode not the recovery mode. Plus the OB has no key combo to enter into recovery mode.

Are you SURE your rom is pure stock?
Because there is G-key combination to enter recovery mode while booting on custom roms. I could never get a 'safe mode' on stock roms...

Maybe I'll try this later when I'll goto stock rom again XD

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA
23rd April 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #5  
explor3r3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Between keyboard and chair
Thanks Meter: 37
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas0013

I guess you are talking about recovery mode?

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium


Quote:
Originally Posted by WIIstpM

Are you SURE your rom is pure stock?
Because there is G-key combination to enter recovery mode while booting on custom roms. I could never get a 'safe mode' on stock roms...

Maybe I'll try this later when I'll goto stock rom again XD

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA

if you never know , yes the original OB rom it has the safe mode , already booted myself in safe mode (i don`t know now what problem i had and i`ve try`d to solve in the safe mode) ......
23rd April 2012, 11:46 PM   |  #6  
Duarte777's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Braga
Thanks Meter: 2,019
 
951 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Yeah, for boot into safemode press:

Volume down+ G button + power.
26th April 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #7  
N00BY0815's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,885
 
2,440 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
Guys, I dont wanna disappoint you, but check this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1443749
you re a bit late
28th April 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #8  
Penggoon's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Yongin-si
Thanks Meter: 1
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Thanks.

By the way, what is good safemode?

Sent from my LG-KU5900 using XDA
1st May 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #9  
xpaps's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
You can manage installed application, when phone fail to boot due to any buggy application.


"Safe mode" remembering me those old days on PC, when playing with shareware applications then it refuse to uninstall. Then this Safe mode was only the way...

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes