Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] miui rom for p6200?

Tip us?

zenlord77
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] miui rom for p6200?

hi there..

just a noob question, will there be a miui roms for tab 7+ P6200? since i thought those roms are awesome..

[David]
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Heeeeeeeeee hehe it should be AMAZING you're right I personally guess it shouldn't be too hard to build, but we have few devs right now and aorth is already working on the CM9 which supposed to be wonderful too.

I read once talking about the P6200 MIUI in its Italian channel on nexuslab but I think we're still far away from it

Let's hope dude I'd just like it too on my own p6200

Sent from my Galaxy Note with DarkyROM 3.3
Galaxy Note N7000 : CM10 Anti`s Builds
Motorola Xoom MZ601 : Team EOS builds and kernels
Galaxy Tab Plus P6200 : Finally stock with the Samsung JB release

Ceelos09
Old
Thanks Meter 284
In order to properly have MIUI, we must have CM9 first. Why? MIUI is based off of CM.

That being said, once we have CM9 fully (or close to) being a Daily Driver, someone can easily port over MIUI using a lot of the CM9 components and merging them with MIUI bits.

Atleast that's how it happened on my Epic 4G

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
DEVICE: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: MOAR v5.01
Kernel: Stock Optimized Kernel
BOOTANIMATION: stock
Theme: My own personal creation
BOOTANIMATION: Stock CM
THEME: ICS Glow

DEVICE: Galaxy Tab 2 7"
ROM: Stock 4.1.2 JB
KERNEL: Stock
BOOTANIMATION: Stock
THEME: Stock

kzoodroid
Old
Thanks Meter 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceelos09 View Post
In order to properly have MIUI, we must have CM9 first. Why? MIUI is based off of CM.

That being said, once we have CM9 fully (or close to) being a Daily Driver, someone can easily port over MIUI using a lot of the CM9 components and merging them with MIUI bits.

Atleast that's how it happened on my Epic 4G

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
CM and MIUI are both AOSP ROMs and you need an AOSP kernel in order to get them to work properly. You could get it ported over right now but nothing would work, same as with the CM9 builds we already have, so really I see no point in doing it except as a proof of concept or work in progress type ROM. The few devs we have are all working hard on CM9 but it's slow going without having all the needed hardware drivers that Samsung won't release. Once that is done MIUI won't be far behind.
Moto X GSM Dev. Ed.- 4.4.3, Stock w/ Xposed GEL; Nexus 4 - Stock 4.4.4, Rooted; Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Stock 4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to kzoodroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gingerboy92
Old
Thanks Meter 88
we have very few developers for now, and there are some major issues such as the wireless.. until that issues are resolved, i don't think we want to split tasks or add more task for the developers. We need at least one working custom kernel first for use as a basis. That is a much higher priority now.