Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]A500/501/G100W-Installing ICS V8 UNL-BL & CWM Or back to HC BL(24-6-2012)

Tip us?

ethan21
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have cwn rev 1.7 and bootloader 0.03.12-UNL .Is this correct?

tawhid111
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
Try the packages from tegraowners.

I gotta go now, will check on this later. Hope it works out for you.
With the flash tool and apx.packages you flash the v2 boot loader but you can also pick seperat files with the flash tool.
So if you select the unlocked boot bin from the folder of the OP and the recovery you can flash them
You can also find those files in here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1619913
tried no go i keep getting recovery verified failed

and nvflash does not show any bootloader i have no recovery so cant do a factory reset either and update.zip does not work but got root access boots fine

thafrogggg
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by psxnitro View Post
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Why is it getting so ridiculous complicated to flash new ROMs!

Now that, that's out of the way, Is this going to be a requirement from now on to flash ICS ROMs?

I have ICS Flexreaper R11 with BL3.01/CWM rev1.4.2, kinda wary of the procedures since I don't really have any old back ups of my tablet...
I think you only have to do this only this time to get on the proper ICS boot loader. I only did it because Civato mentioned he was considering making future ROMs for the ICS bootloaders only.

I was on the HC boot loader, so I took the leap, and I am glad I did; this thing is really smooth now.
Hmm, I wonder what fdisk.exe does????

DOH!!!!!!!

tawhid111
Old
Thanks Meter 51

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Now that, that's out of the way, Is this going to be a requirement from now on to flash ICS ROMs?

I have ICS Flexreaper R11 with BL3.01/CWM rev1.4.2, kinda wary of the procedures since I don't really have any old back ups of my tablet...
Nothing worked but this :

just fixed that problem been at it for almost 10 hours to find a correct solution

get your correct UID . In my case there some weird problem UID wasnt diplaying it all ... use backup_tool to get UID works greats hands down !

once you have that get EUUs_SBK_Acer_A500_1.016.05_COM_GEN1

dont plug in tab let it search for firmware about 5 min later it will ask you if you want to restore it say yes and input your CPUID (same as UID)

-give it about 5 mins tab will be restored back to stock !

thats it .

civato
Old
(Last edited by civato; 28th April 2012 at 12:53 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 14526

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan21 View Post
I have cwn rev 1.7 and bootloader 0.03.12-UNL .Is this correct?
Yes
And you only need to do this ones and not every time you install a ICS custom rom.
Come one people , read up a little .

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 14526

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Last time I ever answer a question about this as all the answers can be found here in the dev section.

All people that got the OTA are on ICS bootloader and no a bootloader is not the same as boot.img ( kernel).

You only need to do this process ones. Its not complicated , my wife that doesn't know sh!t about this followed the guide yesterday and did it in one time .
Get your cpuid ( correct one) click 1 and that is it. In a few words.
So you know :
Bootloader is not the same as boot.img(kernel)
You only got 2 bootloaders =
Quote:
3.01= HC booltoaders = If you never updated to Acer OTA ICS release you are still on this bootloader.
If you flashed a custom ICS rom with a patched boot.img (kernel) that it can boot ICS rom , you are still on HC bootloader.
A ICS boot.img (kernel) won't run on a HC bootloader that is why the custom ICS roms got patched ICS boot.img(kernel).
What is the so called patch = a simple command line so it will boot and to prevent SoD (what doesn't work for all users).
That was good to begin with but not anymore,well if you are planning on going back to HC rom don't update your bootloader . All people with stock roms that recieve the ICS OTA are going to ICS bootloader , if they want it or not , so going back to HC rom is not going to happen for them or they need to flash with nvflash a EEU version .
Then you got ICS bootloader = 0.3.11 or the new 0.3.12.
Quote:
If you flashed one of the stock leaked ICS roms or you got the ICS OTA from Acer you are on ICS booltoader.
(0.009.00 , 0.014.00 , 0.022.00 and the latest 1.031.00 what is the same as the Acer OTA)
ICS bootloader got fastboot and it makes ICS run smoother ,no messed up bootscreen and SoD problems.

One problem you lose your custom recovery by doing that so time to , root and install the patched unlocked V3 - 0.3.12 ICS bootloader with custom recovery.
Ones you have done that you can flash any custom ICS rom that got a normal ICS boot.img (not the patched one).
That is why some custom roms got 2 different boot.img (kernels) , one for HC booltoader users and one for the ICS bootloader users.
So if you see kernel or boot.img that is the same , bootloader is something totaly different.
Tweaked kernels are in some custom roms available for higher benchmarks , then you got a "patched ICS kernel (boot.img)" for HC bootloader users (if not ICS won't boot) and one "kernel(boot.img)" for ICS bootloader users.

Hope that makes some things more clearer and stops the other roms got so many bootloader versions.
There are no bootloader versions on a custom rom , only boot.img(kernels) so it works.

One big and Main advantage with ICS bootloader is that you no longer have to worry about ending up in unrecoverable state, such as when on HC bootloader you corrupt both boot / recovery partitions (such as not running itsmagic etc.) - you can recover with fastboot easily.
b
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yuril7
Old
Thanks Meter 2
After a few tries, I got it!
thanks civ.

Thegn
Old
(Last edited by Thegn; 28th April 2012 at 01:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
*Update*

Weird... But the third time I tried, it worked! :)

----------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Civato for all ROM:s and this guide!

Unfortunately I have some problems with this Bootloader installation.

I have entered APX-mode and checked that my SKB is correct. I flashed the preparation ROM via CWM and after that went into APX-mode again in order to upgrade the bootloader.

My problem is the same as other are having, that the installation just sits still at "Loading bootloader... Nvflash started". At the first try I waited almost 10 minutes, that I made a reset, and the tablet restarted and loaded the ROM correctly.

I did a new try with the bootloader installation, but it still sits still at "Nvflash started", and I have waited 15 minutes... :(

And, yes, in Windows it showed that the USB recovery driver was loaded before starting the script.

What is wrong?

Cheers,
CM10
Galaxy Note II LTE
PACMan

ethan21
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
Yes
And you only need to do this ones and not every time you install a ICS custom rom.
Come one people , read up a little .
Never said you had to. Just making 100% sure. Given all the warnings then even if it is to you a soft question then to take me from 99.99% certain to 100% is prudent.
Thanks for the guide and hard work.

aben2amu
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Damn, the .bat file did it all in seconds, LOL
I should have known this.
Moto X XT1058
ROM: Stock 4.4.3

Samsung Note 8.0 GT-N5100
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 rooted

Acer Iconia Tab A500
ROM: FLEXREAPER RELIX 2.0