Toggle sense 3.6 on/off

OP didozer

28th April 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Cookeville
Thanks Meter: 11

96 posts
More
Is it possible to disable sense 3.6 after the ota update to 4.0? I would like to see how just the stock android 4.0 UI is compared to the HTC Sense overlay. I know when I had windows os phones it was rather easy but I am not sure how to if at all possible to get sense turned off. Im not looking to root my phone, I really have no need to. Thanks guys!
28th April 2012, 05:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
You can't just toggle Sense off - you'd need to install a whole new ROM, which you don't want to do.

But you can run a different launcher, or home app, on top of HTC Sense, in place of the default Sense launcher. The launcher provides the user interface part of the ROM.

Try something like 'nova launcher' - it looks more like ICS was meant to. When you run it, you can change the nova settings to make it the default launcher app.

Nova's just the one I use - there are lots of others that might be more like what you want.
28th April 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 74

698 posts
More
Apex when I get bored, I'm back to sense for now.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk
28th April 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Cookeville
Thanks Meter: 11

96 posts
More
cool, thanks guys. I took a look at a few different launchers and I guess I like the stock sense instead, Go figure. i must say though that the update is quite nice. much faster and runs very smooth.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread