Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][7/9] Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Milestone 6 (4.0.4)

Tip us?

Toddw
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen.k.spear View Post
Please tell me you got a 1800 and not the stock 1500

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

slackboxed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So last night I flashed aokp34-glitched to my phone doing a full wipe/backup and then flashing it ontop of aokp32-glitchedv14. I flashed the latest Gapps after. I think i'm getting better battery life and although I just bought the 1800 2x anker with the crappy charger, i haven't tested this yet but i'm estimating atleast 24-32 hours on a full charge. I game with an icontrolpad and with emulators and such while listening to music and sometimes browsing the internet, benchmarking, etc, so I do get some heavy use out of this phone.

I use the stock ICS launcher instead of nova and apex. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to making every little configuration perfect and apex/nova seem to have a lot of that. The only thing I wish ICS had with the stock launcher was the ability to add/subtract the amount of home screens but that's got nothing to do with the rom i guess unless the devs wanna take that one on.

So far, everything works perfecto. I love it! Seems very stable so far. This is a really awesome rom, I can not wait until the next milestone!!!

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3907

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackboxed View Post
So last night I flashed aokp34-glitched to my phone doing a full wipe/backup and then flashing it ontop of aokp32-glitchedv14. I flashed the latest Gapps after. I think i'm getting better battery life and although I just bought the 1800 2x anker with the crappy charger, i haven't tested this yet but i'm estimating atleast 24-32 hours on a full charge. I game with an icontrolpad and with emulators and such while listening to music and sometimes browsing the internet, benchmarking, etc, so I do get some heavy use out of this phone.

I use the stock ICS launcher instead of nova and apex. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to making every little configuration perfect and apex/nova seem to have a lot of that. The only thing I wish ICS had with the stock launcher was the ability to add/subtract the amount of home screens but that's got nothing to do with the rom i guess unless the devs wanna take that one on.

So far, everything works perfecto. I love it! Seems very stable so far. This is a really awesome rom, I can not wait until the next milestone!!!
I think the only real changes lined up for the milestone are...

Fixed airplane mode and wifi icons so there aren't tiny
Made boot audio off by defualt
and merged 4.0.4 r1.2 it feels faster to me but at this point I can't tell everything is pretty instant.. lol
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephen.k.spear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1360
Helpful hint:

If you just upgraded to the latest Apex launcher and noticed that your phone is painfully slow now, this is relevant to your interest.

I got my super sick speed back by disabling the "resize any widget" option under apex's advanced settings menu.

Ymmv.
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ssewk2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Relaxasaurus
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssewk2x View Post
Helpful hint:

If you just upgraded to the latest Apex launcher and noticed that your phone is painfully slow now, this is relevant to your interest.

I got my super sick speed back by disabling the "resize any widget" option under apex's advanced settings menu.

Ymmv.
Holy shiz, was wondering wtf was going on. Was considering going back to NOVA launcher. Will try this out & thx!

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxasaurus View Post
Holy shiz, was wondering wtf was going on. Was considering going back to NOVA launcher. Will try this out & thx!
No guarantees, but do let us know. It would be nice to have confirmation
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)

shag_on_e
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:

Wow, it does seem that the glitchy transitions have vanished! I suppose one can check it until widget resizing is done, then un-check it. Thanks.

~~~~There is no spoon~~~~

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3321

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
ALOT smoother thanks! I was wondering what the hell was going on....
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

Stephen.k.spear
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3907

DONATE TO ME
The glitched MS-5's are built but I'm having an odin issue after testing the TWRP recovery so... I can't test them for a little bit. They will most likely be up tonight. Hang in there boys.
Like my work? Buy me a beer. Twitter: @stevespeartweet
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Stephen.k.spear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmac9
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Is there anyway to turn the volume down on the boot audio? I really like it, but it's way too loud for my liking.