Android v3.2 for the Galaxy Tab 10.1v confirmed by Vodafone

27th April 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #491  
Thanks Meter: 6

118 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twigster

Received it today. So far I think its not bad as an everyday, had a couple force closes on the xda app and one or two instances of the signal seeming to drop but picked up again fairly quickly. But haven't been able to test for long enough to make a proper assessment.
Can't really compare to isi 3.2 as I hadn't really tried that, but isi 3.2 was touchwiz, while this is stock and looks like original 3.0.1 that came with the tab. Mine didn't install with any Samsung apps. USB I havent tried as I don't have any accessories that connect that way, but apparently it doesn't work.
Only reason to stay on it really instead of ics is for the camera, but I'll probably move back to ics sooner rather than later with this as a backup for camera, ics is smoother in my opinion and with the dev work happening for ics the roms should definately be more functional in the long run. Just hoping that some serious luck comes our way for the camera functionality on ics.

For installation I flashed via Odin the stock rom originally posted by chainfire in the early days of the forum, then got the ota. Easy enough.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA Premium HD app

I think you are confusing a few things
ISI 3.2 has USB drive support. The official version does not, ISI 3.2 DOES have fully functioning cameras

ISI ICS does NOT have camera support.
27th April 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #492  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 38

203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWS

ISI 3.2 has USB drive support. The official version does not, ISI 3.2 DOES have fully functioning cameras

Maybe my post was unclear, but where did I state otherwise?

27th April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #493  
Flag Bodrum
Thanks Meter: 1,497

6,236 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWS

I don't think he is confusing anything. The points you have stated are correct but he has said nothing about them, in fact he did say he never used isi's 3.2. In fact, I agree with his assessment. I stayed on the update for 2 days and got back to ICS with a backup of isi's 3.2 on my SD card in case I need a camera.
This update is totally not worth the effort since we already have a better functioning 3.2 for some time.
28th April 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #494  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Portugal ok.

Sent from my GT-P7100 using XDA
28th April 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #495  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 4

102 posts
has anyone managed to root will be the official 3.2.1 rom? If so, how?
It is not possible to install a new kernel to enable this rom usb input?
28th April 2012, 11:36 AM   |  #496  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 38

203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatg

Yes, rooted using the same process as original rom posted by bcmobile or by isi on his site, www.ismaakit.com . Go to the bottom of the first blog post showing and there is a link to the rooting instructions there.

The Following User Says Thank You to twigster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 02:30 PM   |  #497  
Flag Liège
Thanks Meter: 4

64 posts
More
I had my update yesterday morning but my Tab wasn't full so, I plug it, the update was in progress then reboot, beginning of the install and ... boom, triangle without message on the screen.
I have waited but nothing so I restart the Tab and here, I'm arrived into recovery mode =/ ... I didn't do anything or select, just selected reboot system and it was ok but now my tab don't want to update, the message for update system doesn't anymore.
I found the .zip into /cache, deleted it to force the update after reboot but still nothing ... =/

What can I do ? =(

EDIT : the update has again appear, but always the same, a triangle, I try a reboot and start again the tablet without having updated ...
28th April 2012, 03:13 PM   |  #498  
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tallikris

I had my update yesterday morning but my Tab wasn't full so, I plug it, the update was in progress then reboot, beginning of the install and ... boom, triangle without message on the screen.
I have waited but nothing so I restart the Tab and here, I'm arrived into recovery mode =/ ... I didn't do anything or select, just selected reboot system and it was ok but now my tab don't want to update, the message for update system doesn't anymore.
I found the .zip into /cache, deleted it to force the update after reboot but still nothing ... =/

What can I do ? =(

EDIT : the update has again appear, but always the same, a triangle, I try a reboot and start again the tablet without having updated ...

You can use Odin to reflash a stock rom, then do the ota update again, or return it for repair stating the ota update failed and the tab stopped working.

Odin and fixing yourself would be much faster in my opinion.
28th April 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #499  
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
For me i only could update when it was not rooted. With root i get triangle.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
28th April 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #500  
Flag Bodrum
Thanks Meter: 1,497

6,236 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatg

The easiest way to root is to flash galaxy_tab_root_10.1.zip through cwm recovery. You can get the file here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread