Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Low phone memory htc desire

OP UaremyDesire

28th April 2012, 04:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
HI, im really sorry if this has been posted already but i did look and all i found was for other phones and not mine.

So my phone has had the low memory icon since December 31st, 2011 and has only gone away a few times. I clear the cache, took off photos, even cleared out my music and did a factory reset...all the while took off all the apps and put them back on one by one. Now my phone has decided to deny me access to my photo's, music and text messages. yesterday my internal phone memory was 10.93 and this morning it is 8.88. My sd card is 8 gigs and has 4.77 available space. I went to the telus store and the representative told me just to force stop applications running which I do that all the time and even go to the manage applications and stop the large ones. and I spoke to multiple representatives and all they would do if I sent it away would be update the software and do a factory reset. my phone wont even update any application....

please help me!!! I'm ready to throw my phone against a brick wall.

THANK YOU
MELISSA
28th April 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 454

2,444 posts
More
I think that this hasn't been asked yet. Furthermore, in no case there are a billion of custom ROMS whose primary task was to circumvent this issue.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2012, 12:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8

104 posts
Have a look in the development section of this forum. There are custom roms (phone software) that allow apps to run from your memory card rather than the very limited phone memory. This will give you 5 times or more amount of space

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
6th May 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag Giulianova
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Cool
Unfortunately you have to start a root and install a modded rom.
The Htc desire has this big problem. You can install apps only in the internal memory (about 520mb).
The modded roms allow you to install apps also in the SD card with (virtual) unlimited space.

Tom
6th May 2012, 01:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Halle (Saale) + Langelsheim
Thanks Meter: 638

3,049 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomxxx

Unfortunately you have to start a root and install a modded rom.
The Htc desire has this big problem. You can install apps only in the internal memory (about 520mb).
The modded roms allow you to install apps also in the SD card with (virtual) unlimited space.

Tom

The Desire has only 150 MB Internal Storage (/data-partition).
7th May 2012, 07:53 AM   |  #6  
Flag Giulianova
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatDrOiD

The Desire has only 150 MB Internal Storage (/data-partition).

It has about 500mb, but 350 occupied by the sense data...
So you're right... Only 150 mb...:sly:

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread