Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S.onyTablet.S v6.5 [ALLinONE] - new: Update OEM Apps! automatic ICS ROOT!, JB ROOT!

Tip us?

boots77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default nhl gamecentre app running poorly with ics

First, id like to say thanks condi for the update. I had done no modifications to my tab prior to this and your tool made the process a breeze.

My issue is now with my NHL gamecentre app version Verizon Tablet 2.0215. This is a confirmed version which is ics compatible. I was also using it on the tab with hc 3.2.
What is happening is that when you are streaming any video on the app there is a ton of video lag. The audio is fine.

I have tried clearing data and reinstalling without any luck.

Any thoughts?

yohandesilva1
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Condi I have a 3g tab if you remember. So if I update now without 3g and loose ADB functionality will I be able to flash again when 3g version is available
When I say Just do it I mean it :P

w200i>N70>N73>W850>k810>K850>W960>W995>Aino>iphone 3g>HTCg1>HTC Hero>iphone 3gs>X10>iphone4>Desire>Xperia Play

Bushmaster78FS
Old
Thanks Meter 34
What do you guys suggest for those of us who did the update before checking the instructions here? Just wait until AiO is ICS compatible? I lost my root, wish seen the instructions earlier.

blambo
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I know that this has been covered, but I just wanted to reiterate so updaters don't thrash around like I did trying to get this thing done:

Before you even think about updating to ICS:

For all Windows machines, but especially for the Windows 7 X64 based, make absolutely sure that you have the latest "JAVA UPDATES"

If you use the AIO to reset your system location to the USA, have the right java drivers installed, and follow condi's instructions one by one... the entire update w/root is a total breeze. Seriously, easy as pie.

FYI: After the update, you can turn off the residual Sony update messages by using the AIO again. Go to "Tweaks and Mods, then #3, that will toggle the pesky update messages to "OFF".

Thank you condi for your tremendous work!
The Following User Says Thank You to blambo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rainbow2112
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandrea15 View Post
MSmith1 I have your same problem with an Italian device!
I can only acces to recovery and I always got Eroebith or sign error when I try every mothod!
PLS help us!!
Idem Someone help has PLEASE
Galaxy S4 White frost rooted & 3D MAX Black rooted

Johny1fin
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I am wondering if those like me who have a rooted ics file can upload that for those with recovery access that they can then flash?
Mine is a uk file which would mean those on UK version could use without having to change to another location. Just a thought though I do not have access to any upload sites myself, but would be happy to upload if given access to one.

Sony Tablet S
WiFi only and rooted thanks to Condi
ICS 4.0.3 R5a

Samsung Galaxy Note
Jelly Bean 4.2.1
CM 10.1
Hydracore 7.0

sebarkh
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster78FS View Post
What do you guys suggest for those of us who did the update before checking the instructions here? Just wait until AiO is ICS compatible? I lost my root, wish seen the instructions earlier.
I beg you guys, read. I also lost root, but recovered...

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohandesilva1 View Post
Condi I have a 3g tab if you remember. So if I update now without 3g and loose ADB functionality will I be able to flash again when 3g version is available
Update your drivers to ics compatibile

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinwilson16 View Post
Wish I'd seen this sooner!

I installed ICS and then used the AIO tool to change the region back to UK and now the device doesn't boot and I can only get to recovery.

How can I fix this (preferably keeping root)?

Thanks
Robin
Again,, If you have read last few pages you wouldn't have had this problem!!!!
TO all of YOU:

DO NOT CHANGE REGION AFTER ICS UPDATE
...if you dont like 9,4 inch bricks!

obicom
Old
Thanks Meter 80
@bambo
Quote:
FYI: After the update, you can turn off the residual Sony update messages by using the AIO again. Go to "Tweaks and Mods, then #3, that will toggle the pesky update messages to "OFF".
Do you get this update message? I would be happy I get it, but my tablet say I have the newest version (no backdoor and I am a liitle bit afraid about this)

What did you do to get this message? Did you change some values in build.prop or vendor.prop?
Best regards, Obi
(Sony Tablet S rooted, Samsung Galaxy S II rooted)

sebarkh
Old
(Last edited by sebarkh; 28th April 2012 at 07:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by obicom View Post
@bambo

Do you get this update message? I would be happy I get it, but my tablet say I have the newest version (no backdoor and I am a liitle bit afraid about this)

What did you do to get this message? Did you change some values in build.prop or vendor.prop?
Condi told me the build.incremental was moved to /datapp/vendor/vendor1/vendor.prop
but he also said it should be already decreased by the script so strange not everybody gets the update notification...
EDIT: I decreased the value by 1 in the vendor.prop. but I still don't get any update notification...

robinwilson16
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy Is there any hope...

Thanks for the replies

I don't think the massive red text saying to not change the region after flashing was there on the first page this morning and I read the last 2 pages of the topic last thing the night before and it didn't say anything about not changing the region.

Then after it didn't work I checked the topic again and saw the massive warning saying not to change the region post-update.

Hoping there is some solution to this. Does anyone know if the tablet will be UK or USA region now?

Assuming the backdoor has lowered the version number then I should be able to flash to a stock ICS rom but every rom I try fails. Is this because there is not yet a rom for Europe and the region did in fact change to UK whilst also corrupting the installed firmware?

Thanks
Robin

The Following User Says Thank You to robinwilson16 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]