Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Contract about to end..

Tip us?

ajr12388
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Damn. I just ordered a one s. Its coming Monday. Got it for $218 express shipped at best buy mobile. Not a bad deal. But 200 for 3 phones? That's nuts. Good score.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

MadJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Just stopped in at the local T-Mobile store and test drove the One S, GSII, and Galaxy Blaze next to my Vibrant. Gotta say, I'm even less impressed with the GSII (Swype keeps trying to autocorrect that to FAIL lol), and the Blaze didn't impress me at all, but the One S blew me away. I'd have snatched it up right there if I had my old G1 on me to take advantage of the guaranteed $100 for any working smart phone. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the One S will be my next phone, if only I can get over not being able to replace the battery.

Swyped, not typed, from my Digital Brick

accordex
Old
(Last edited by accordex; 28th April 2012 at 04:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidificator View Post
Just stopped in at the local T-Mobile store and test drove the One S, GSII, and Galaxy Blaze next to my Vibrant. Gotta say, I'm even less impressed with the GSII (Swype keeps trying to autocorrect that to FAIL lol), and the Blaze didn't impress me at all, but the One S blew me away. I'd have snatched it up right there if I had my old G1 on me to take advantage of the guaranteed $100 for any working smart phone. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the One S will be my next phone, if only I can get over not being able to replace the battery.

No battery and no Micro-SD either and not even a true HD screen and 1650mah batt on a .3 bigger screen and that 42mbps modem?...I don't know man, I'd hold out esp if you're going to sign a contract...I been waiting since last Nov for something to come out...gotta tell you, I'm loving 60/month for unlimited everything no contract

o0stryxs0o
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I just picked up the One S on release day coming from a Vibrant and honestly I love it. I got a GSII back in january when the white ones dropped and buyers remorsed it. I really hated that thing something about just really didn't sit well with me. The form factor of the One S is awesome! It flies... Like it feels powerful in your hands. Battery life gets me completely through the day and some. I thought I was gonna hate sense but it's better than touchwiz in my opinion. I don't know though tmobile has the Galaxy note coming and it will be running ICS and they supposedly have the One X coming according to the rep in my store. To each his own but I'm happy with this.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

MadJoe
Old
(Last edited by MadJoe; 28th April 2012 at 02:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordex View Post
No battery and no Micro-SD either and not even a true HD screen and 1650mah batt on a .3 bigger screen and that 42mbps modem?...I don't know man, I'd hold out esp if you're going to sign a contract...I been waiting since last Nov for something to come out...gotta tell you, I'm loving 60/month for unlimited everything no contract
The sdcard bothered me at first, but with my unlimited data I can get over it, since I realized I barely ever need more than 16GB on my Vibrant. The battery is a huge turn off, but really what is there to look forward to? We all know in our hearts the GSIII won't land on T-Mo any time soon, Samsung will be done with it support wise the moment the ink on your contact dries, and it will either be oversized, overbloated, and/or have a lesser processor, so you might as well fire up your membership to #neveragain before you finish the transaction. I'm not convinced the X is coming to T-mo, either. The device road map just leaked from T-mo shows nothing about it, or the Note (which I wouldn't be caught dead hefting to the side of my head like some moron pretending his VCR is a phone), so One S will be it until the GSIII arrives, which I've already stated why that should be avoided like herpes. So I'm going to call T-mo and ask for the retention/loyalty dept. and if they bargain, I'll stick with them and a One, if not, I'll take advantage of the 20% discount I can get at AT&T through work.

atatistcheff
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I'm on a non-subsidized plan and it was getting to be time to say goodbye to my old Vibrant. I was almost ready to spend the $600 on the One S but then Google decided to get back into the phone business. Ordered the Galaxy Nexus Wed morning and it arrived Friday. if you want a phone that doesn't require updates to go through the carrier. Then the galaxy nexus is the 1. Only had it a few hours but so far so good. The developer support is incredible. The camera is only a small improvement over the vibrant but everything else blows it away.

I also figure that if I don't like it I can probably sell it for nearly what I paid in a few months. By then maybe the One S will be on sale or even the GS3.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 7 (2013)
LG Galaxy Note 10.1

MadJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatistcheff View Post
I'm on a non-subsidized plan and it was getting to be time to say goodbye to my old Vibrant. I was almost ready to spend the $600 on the One S but then Google decided to get back into the phone business. Ordered the Galaxy Nexus Wed morning and it arrived Friday. if you want a phone that doesn't require updates to go through the carrier. Then the galaxy nexus is the 1. Only had it a few hours but so far so good. The developer support is incredible. The camera is only a small improvement over the vibrant but everything else blows it away.

I also figure that if I don't like it I can probably sell it for nearly what I paid in a few months. By then maybe the One S will be on sale or even the GS3.

Good point. If I could switch to a non contract value plan without losing my unlimited data, I would consider that. I think I'll look into it. Thanks!

DontJoinTheDarkSide
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I've got the galaxy nexus on tmobile and I love it. I'm constantly getting at least 8-10 mbps down. My service is awesome too. Stock battery gets me through the day with 3-4hour screen on time plus dev support is great. Not to mention led notification ! I'll never get another phone without an led notification.

swehes
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I'm considering the Galaxy Nexus. I'm also looking for the Padfone though from Asus. Although I don't know when it is coming out.
Samsung Galaxy S 3
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Modem: Stock
ROOTED and Debloated

MadJoe
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Now I have a real 1st world problem. I jokingly asked a known iPhone user co-worker of mine if she'd sell me her old 3gs for $30. She said $40 and I said sold. I wanted to trade it in for the $200 T-Mo is willing to pay for a working iPhone (and this one is perfect except for some light scratches on the back), but now I'm thinking I want to jailbreak it, unlock it, and use it on T-Mo with my account as a 2nd phone (never going to give up my Android as primary). My only issue now is researching how to jailbreak and unlock it without a SIM since I don't have AT&T and it ignores my T-Mo SIM completely.