[Q] Problems rooting ICS

26th April 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Lares
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well, two days ago I decided to put ICS on my Amaze. Previous to ICS I was Rooted with S-ON, and Unlocked.

I followed the instructions on the Development section to install ICS on my unlocked, S-ON Amaze. However after I installed CWM, and flashed Superuser, Titanium Backup, or any other root app says I don't have root privileges.

From what I understood, once SU was flashed, the device would be rooted.

I used the All In One Kit to put the CWM Recovery, and flash the SU. I did HTC Steps to unlock the phone (which the AIO Kit helped also)

I tried looking for a solution or something before posting, but I couldn't find one in the 80+ pages of the ICS thread in the Development section.

Thanks in advance!
26th April 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #2  
Bremerton
Thanks Meter: 16

69 posts
More
I initially had an issue flashing Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip (found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...40&postcount=4) because I didn't toggle the signature setting in recovery. Perhaps it didn't flash correctly? Make sure it said it was successful at flashing the zip.
26th April 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 840

2,060 posts
Flash it again.

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?
26th April 2012, 10:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Orland Park, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 9,193

3,512 posts
Donate to Me
More
I realized that my tool didn't set the SU permissions. I have to fix that. Just flash the SU zip file and it'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Lares
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcparks

I initially had an issue flashing Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip (found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...40&postcount=4) because I didn't toggle the signature setting in recovery. Perhaps it didn't flash correctly? Make sure it said it was successful at flashing the zip.

Got it working! Thankss!!
26th April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #6  
Flag South Hadley, Ma. USA
Thanks Meter: 1,405

4,050 posts
More
Please keep all question based threads in the Q&A section.

Thread Moved.

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

You don't have to be a farmer to know what sh*t smells like.
28th April 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #7  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 35

476 posts
More
is there anyway to root your phone with ics on it ? my phone was unrooted b4 i put ics on it.
28th April 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #8  
Bremerton
Thanks Meter: 16

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the show stopper

is there anyway to root your phone with ics on it ? my phone was unrooted b4 i put ics on it.

You sure can. Detailed instructions posted in development section. Basically you need to unlock bootloader through HTC, flash a custom recovery, load up the superuser zip, then flash it in your custom recovery. More details are given in other posts already.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
29th April 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 94

163 posts
More
Just going to throw this out there. I flashed superuser after installing ICS to get root. It works for most applications, but one app that it doesn't work with is LuckyPatcher (to get rid of those stupid ads in my other apps). For LuckyPatcher to work, I had to install superSU (can be found from the play store). It seems to be my default root app now.
glacierguy
29th April 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kered424

Just going to throw this out there. I flashed superuser after installing ICS to get root. It works for most applications, but one app that it doesn't work with is LuckyPatcher (to get rid of those stupid ads in my other apps). For LuckyPatcher to work, I had to install superSU (can be found from the play store). It seems to be my default root app now.

Did u install busybox after flashing su by chainz?

Sent from my iced out HTC Ruby

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread