Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,442 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Recommended website to unlock Lumia 900 (AT&T) UPDATED

Tip us?

zilab
Old
Thanks Meter 0
when will at&t's 45 exclusivity with the lumia 900 end?

mrolympia7474
Old
Thanks Meter 1
45 days after April.8/2012

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The Following User Says Thank You to mrolympia7474 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tabrams31
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Don't give up the search!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters View Post
UNLOCKED NOKIA LUMIA 900 (BELT PARKWAY )
Date: 2012-04-27, 12:39PM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
I HAVE A 1 DAY OLD UNLOCKED NOKIA LUMIA 900 FOR AT&T COLOR IS BLACK. THIS PHONE WILL WORK INTERNATIONALLY AND WITH TMOBILE.

IM ASKING $450 OR BEST OFFER. PHONE IS SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE AND IS AT&T'S MOST POPULAR PHONE NEXT TO THE IPHONE

917 488 3591

PICK UP IN BROOKLYN OFF THE BELT PARKWAY

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2982486550

My English is not the best when i need to talk if anyone feels like calling him, feel free
Funny as I called that guy this morning.. He said that he had it unlocked when he bought it.. He forgot where though.. Then I called a guy where I use to live in Seattle from his Craigslist ad stating that he was selling his new but the box was open so he could unlock it.. So I talked to him for a bit and he said he went to many unlock sites and finally found one that sent him the code.. Problem is he can't remember the exact name of the website!!!

But in the end it gives me hope as my white AT&T lumia 900 arrives next week here in Sydney!! So time to track down some more guys selling their unlocked ones on Craigslist in the US and seeing where they got theirs unlocked.. As soon as I find out I'll post it here.

Cheers and don't give up!!!
Thomas
The Following User Says Thank You to tabrams31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pistol44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I find it a bit suspicious that no one recalls how or where they unlocked it. Unlocked sites always send you a couple emails in the process..

tabrams31
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Craigslist!!!!

Going to give these guys a call tomorrow.. This was a post on Craigslist in SF.

........................"..............

Blue and Black colors available

Unlockable Brand New Nokia Lumia 900 in sealed box

Can be unlocked with additional $20

Please give us a phone call or just drop by:

Mon-Sat: 10am-7pm
Sun: 11am-6pm
We are a store and the phone comes with 30-day warranty.

20311 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, ca 95014
(408)777-0555

Kw: used phones, new phones, att phone, Verizon phone, blackberry 9700, blackberry 9000, used blackberry, ipod touch, iphone 3g, iphone 3gs, iphone 4, iphone 4s, iphone unlock, iphone 3g unlock, iphone 3gs unlock, iphone 4 unlock, iphone jailbreak, iphone 3gs jailbreak, iphone 4 jailbreak

Reuters
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrams31 View Post
Going to give these guys a call tomorrow.. This was a post on Craigslist in SF.

........................"..............

Blue and Black colors available

Unlockable Brand New Nokia Lumia 900 in sealed box

Can be unlocked with additional $20

Please give us a phone call or just drop by:

Mon-Sat: 10am-7pm
Sun: 11am-6pm
We are a store and the phone comes with 30-day warranty.

20311 Stevens Creek Blvd
Cupertino, ca 95014
(408)777-0555

Kw: used phones, new phones, att phone, Verizon phone, blackberry 9700, blackberry 9000, used blackberry, ipod touch, iphone 3g, iphone 3gs, iphone 4, iphone 4s, iphone unlock, iphone 3g unlock, iphone 3gs unlock, iphone 4 unlock, iphone jailbreak, iphone 3gs jailbreak, iphone 4 jailbreak
this sounds very interesting!

tabrams31
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
I find it a bit suspicious that no one recalls how or where they unlocked it. Unlocked sites always send you a couple emails in the process..
Well the guy was a cell phone geek and I talked to him for a half an hour about cell phones and stuff.. And he already sold the phone. I'm sure if I called him back he could find it for me.. But why would he lie? No reason too.. He was on the road when I called him and I was calling him from Sydney.. He said he thought it was cellunlocker.com but then he said he went through like 6 beforehand and that's why he could not remember it..

Anyways - I will find out soon I'm sure..

feedmylittletroll
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I wish I could get my phone unlocked. Tired of ATT's horrible service and data speeds. I am missing my T-mobile service right now

CraigWWW
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrams31 View Post
Well the guy was a cell phone geek and I talked to him for a half an hour about cell phones and stuff.. And he already sold the phone. I'm sure if I called him back he could find it for me.. But why would he lie? No reason too.. He was on the road when I called him and I was calling him from Sydney.. He said he thought it was cellunlocker.com but then he said he went through like 6 beforehand and that's why he could not remember it..

Anyways - I will find out soon I'm sure..
Can you have him check the browser history a while and find out which company he unlocked the phone.
This will help the phone-holder all around the world. I'm expecting in China. Lol~

pistol44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigWWW View Post
Can you have him check the browser history a while and find out which company he unlocked the phone.
This will help the phone-holder all around the world. I'm expecting in China. Lol~
Lol.. Well it would be very nice of the guy if he went out of his way to go back and check to confirm where he got it done from (if this is all true of course). Someone could let him know that the fate of the Lumia 900 rests on his shoulders and it'd be a favor to all of mankind.

I also recall I found a guy on eBay that had claimed to be selling an AT&T unlocked model. I messaged him and he was certain it was AT&T and that he used mobilexpresscanada.com to unlock it meanwhile they were one of the many that didn't work for us. What a let down that was.