Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The 3 vibrate brick - Please Help {SOLVED}

Tip us?

k_nivesout
Old
Thanks Meter 432
That's weird, I'd be interested to know what causes that problem.. And you're using the right recovery version and hboot?

kzoodroid
Old
(Last edited by kzoodroid; 23rd July 2011 at 02:53 PM.) Reason: addrd info
Thanks Meter 263
hboot 0.92 and CWM 3.0.0.8 been using this combination forever it seems and the problem only started when i tried to flash the leaked gb update
Moto X GSM Dev. Ed.- 4.4.3, Stock w/ Xposed GEL; Nexus 4 - Stock 4.4.4, Rooted; Galaxy Tab 7 Plus - Stock 4.2

steveg545
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I tried Wildstang's method after my phone fell to the 3 vibrate / black screen brick. But it didn't work. I tried multiple times and waited around 5 minutes between each Vol+ press. Is there anything else I can try? Coming from MIUI with custom kernel and 07.07 radio.

Unholyfire
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Your phone might be in a position to only be accessible via the HTC Sync + 2.2 RUU. Have you given that a shot?

Jester1614
Old
(Last edited by Jester1614; 10th September 2011 at 08:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
ok just so you know the problem you are having isnt a 3 or 5 vibrate , it is a five vibrate problem, the three vibrates are when you hold the volume button up, instead of down, it puts it in a diagnostic mode, but that is defeated as soon as you pull the battery.

message me if you are still needing a fix for this, I know of one, and while it is complicated, it does work. it took me 36 hours of searching and downloading and tweaking to fix it.

in my instance with this, it was a failed flash that somehow corrupted my emmc memory, my sd card file structure as well as my usb port,

phone is working fine now

droidian1441
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Happened to me a lot...

GotsOJ
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Sorry for the months late bump, but my Wildfire S has been having this same problem. However, I haven't been able to extract the stock IMG file--I think it's buried in an installshield CAB file that I extracted from the virginmobile RUU exe file. Is there a way to extract the IMG file so I can restore my phone? I've tried 7zip, winrar, and universal extract, all in vain. Thanks in advance.

ScottPomroy
Old
(Last edited by ScottPomroy; 14th November 2011 at 11:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Would that stock IMG file happen to be any of the IMG files in my backups that I have stored in my computer? I am also suffering from the same problem. Would this file be found in the phone itself with a root explorer? If so then somebody could extract it from their phone for us.

thesnaz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I also have this problem, could someone please post/point me towards a stock image?

fr33kachu
Old
(Last edited by fr33kachu; 28th April 2012 at 03:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
moved sorry