Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 51,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Aurora ICS 4.0.4 for u8800 - Version 5.0 update 20

Tip us?

t_d_z
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have a few interesting problem

1. Sometimes when I receive a call the phone responds really slow. I mean sometime screen turns itself on really late (after 2-3 seconds) or it waits on lock-screen for a couple of seconds and then draw the phone application really slowly (it first displays without the number, the displays the calling number than displays the contact picture).

2. Another thing (most likely related to the same issue) sometimes when I turn my phone on from a stand-by, it fails to display lock screen a few seconds (sometime it take 5-6 seconds)

3. And sometimes when I turn my phone on from a stand-by, it doesn't display the lock screen at all. But when I press on power button again, if briefly (maybe for a fourth of a second) displays the lock-screen than goes to stand-by mode again.

4. When I plug my phone to computer, it displays "USB plugged in" screen and there I can turn usb storage mode on, even though my phone supposed to be lock-pattern protected it skips the lock screen for usb connect dialog. (after I open usb and press home or back buttons, it returns to lock screen but I can actually turn usb storage mode on and access my files without entering the lock pattern.
The Following User Says Thank You to t_d_z For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ramapitecus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had issues 1, 2 & 3 with the B526 Rom

zerog2
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I just upgraded from 2.04 to 2.11a.
So far I don't have any problem yet, it is GREAT!. Thanks Dzo.

Just 1 thing that is surprised to me. Whenever I made a call, the phone will be locked (the screen that we require to unlock when switch on from sleep mode).
I have to unlock it again if I want to use the phone or make another call.

silverlining
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Having issues setting up Facebook sync. The option is there in "Add account" but clicking it doesn't do anything. Tried copying the app to system/app/ but didn't work.

Please and thank you

Sent from my U8800 with Aurora 2.10 via XDA app

Do you know the definition of insanity?
--------------------------

LG Nexus 4 - latest Paranoid Android 3+
HTC Flyer - Official Honeycomb
Previously owned Droids: Huawei Ideos U8150 > Ideos X5 U8800 > Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlining View Post
Having issues setting up Facebook sync. The option is there in "Add account" but clicking it doesn't do anything. Tried copying the app to system/app/ but didn't work.

Please and thank you

Sent from my U8800 with Aurora 2.10 via XDA app

Please search the thread or google. Facebook sync officially isn't supported in ICS, has nothing to to with the ROM.
You still don't use Dropbox? WTF?
Install it here and both of us receive 500Mb free.

geocheats2
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Version 2.11a
Volume keys doesn't work
Wifi doesn't activate

Log
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash2.txt.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.8 KB, 8 views)

kapa_pt
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtG92 View Post
Guys do you have a clean 2.11a install? If you don't try that, because dzo has been fixing the volume keys bug for weeks, and it seems to have disappeared for everyone else...

Sent from my U8800 using xda premium
if the people are having old bug's, they must do a clean install... i did it and the all the bugs are gone...

what a did: ics 2.10 -> 2.3.5 Beta1 -> ics 2.11a

just work for me perfectly
Phone: Huawei x5 U8800
Screen: Synaptics
ROM: Latest Aurora ICS, by DZO
Kernel: Latest 3.0.8 by DZO
-------------------------------------
how to get apn portugal working on u8800 ICS:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1565791

thinkingrobot
Old
Thanks Meter 2
just upgraded my phone from 2.07test to 2.11a, this time only wipe the cache/dalvik cache.
everything included phone, 3g, wifi, sdcard, works fine, possibly the most smooth ROM upgrade I have since I bought my u8800

Thanks dzo, well done!

jegr6
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_d_z View Post
I have a few interesting problem

1. Sometimes when I receive a call the phone responds really slow. I mean sometime screen turns itself on really late (after 2-3 seconds) or it waits on lock-screen for a couple of seconds and then draw the phone application really slowly (it first displays without the number, the displays the calling number than displays the contact picture).

2. Another thing (most likely related to the same issue) sometimes when I turn my phone on from a stand-by, it fails to display lock screen a few seconds (sometime it take 5-6 seconds)

3. And sometimes when I turn my phone on from a stand-by, it doesn't display the lock screen at all. But when I press on power button again, if briefly (maybe for a fourth of a second) displays the lock-screen than goes to stand-by mode again.

4. When I plug my phone to computer, it displays "USB plugged in" screen and there I can turn usb storage mode on, even though my phone supposed to be lock-pattern protected it skips the lock screen for usb connect dialog. (after I open usb and press home or back buttons, it returns to lock screen but I can actually turn usb storage mode on and access my files without entering the lock pattern.
+1 here! the good thing is that voice calls over google talk are finally working. and a problem with skype sending green image seems to be fixed also. great work dzo, youre the man

kaza
Old
Thanks Meter 73
version 2.11a, I tried to get a log of GTA3 crash, but I dont know if its possible because my phone dont reboot, it simply crashes and i need to take out the battery, anyway, this is the crash.txt after i turn the phone on again

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72163627/crash4.zip

Tags
android 4, aurora, huawei ideos x5, ics, u8800